Coral Vue Hydros

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

i jumped in this thread around page 50. thank god i got in then and not have to read the whole 140+ pages. hehe your hard core.

makes me very jealous that you and Jonathan are having a tough time keeping up with supply of clowns...very jealous.

only if my 3 pair would start breeding!!!! got to bring out the barry white CD's. hehe

only thing laying now is my GSM and i just raised a batch this week to get some practice raising fry again. havent had any luck since the summer when i had the batch of my rods onyx. sold most of them to lfs for cheap cause they all are misbars.

sold my one Onyx pair, Bicinctus, Latz and Picasso pairs last week and i am getting a new pair of Chrysopterus during xmas cause my last pair got sick and died.

barry white is my first choice then if that doesnt work you just have to get hard core and throw on the ron jeremy. :naughtydance:

barry white is my first choice then if that doesnt work you just have to get hard core and throw on the ron jeremy. :naughtydance:

Lol, now that is what I call "getting it on"

This man takes this stuff seriously!

hey mike how have things been!!!! I've been away from here for a while now man I've been so busy in the past year working on the new house and managing the store. I'm glad to see everything is doing extremely well for you....how are the clowns i sent you? have they started breeding yet?

hey mike how have things been!!!! I've been away from here for a while now man I've been so busy in the past year working on the new house and managing the store. I'm glad to see everything is doing extremely well for you....how are the clowns i sent you? have they started breeding yet?

Things are going very well - the pairs are growing - getting fat and happy. The picassos have shown some prespawn activity but no real action yet. My hope is that once they get into the shared system with my other spawning pairs that they catch on.

LOL.. you read the whole thing? :wacko:

Well, welcome along for the fun!

Yes I did and I cant belive I read the whole thing..LOL Thanks and 2 BIG Thumbs up to you and all that shared on this thread..

OMG, how long did that take you lol? You did find a good thread to read though.

Smitty im taking the 5th on that lol...And yes this was a great read..I took notes and all..

And yes this was a great read..I took notes and all..

I'm not sure if you know but stickied at the top of this section of the forum is my "cliff's notes" version of what I do. If you are thinking about breeding or have any questions - post them here in this thread and we'll do our best to help you out.

Here a crappy cell phone pic a buddy sent me of one of my first Snowflakes... he HAD to have the misbar - now I know why:

100MEDIA36IMAG0283.jpg

That is a good looking fish!

I'm not sure if you know but stickied at the top of this section of the forum is my "cliff's notes" version of what I do. If you are thinking about breeding or have any questions - post them here in this thread and we'll do our best to help you out.

Yes Ive read it and that may make me to go ahead and give it a shot..I do have a few questions on your brood tanks..Are you using filtration on them??

Currently not really - LR, Flow and Cheato in individual tanks. (lots of water changes)

However in the new brood stock system (140g total) for 10 pairs. I'll be running a 20H and 40Bdr for sumps (joined) with a eurofeef 180 skimmer.

Currently not really - LR, Flow and Cheato in individual tanks. (lots of water changes)

However in the new brood stock system (140g total) for 10 pairs. I'll be running a 20H and 40Bdr for sumps (joined) with a eurofeef 180 skimmer.

I seen the set up it is very nice..Im not going to go that big was thinkin of 2-3 20L's with maybe a hob filter or using a divider and doing something like a nano with a power head behind the divider..Just a thought what ya think?

I seen the set up it is very nice..Im not going to go that big was thinkin of 2-3 20L's with maybe a hob filter or using a divider and doing something like a nano with a power head behind the divider..Just a thought what ya think?

You can get away with it for a long time - I wouldn't even worry about the dividers as I wouldn't keep more then 1 pair per tank without a sump. In my current 20h's the pairs have a koralia 2 for circulation and that's pretty much it besides the live rock. It's not optimal but it's done fine for me for almost 2 years now.

I have my tanks painted black on 3 sides with heaters in each and jar of cheato.

That misbar snowflake is incredible. I have never seen anything like it! :wub:

Thanks... I think I have another one brewing out of a recent hatch. don'ttellanyone!

my occs breed in a sps dominant tank. the key is to have non agressive tankmates and keepthe water quality good. also feed them heavily.

DSC_0958.jpg

What are your temp, lighting and salinity parameters of this tank?

Thanks... I think I have another one brewing out of a recent hatch. don'ttellanyone!

Your secret is safe with me :D But I better be on the list of priveleged people who get to see pics :P

You can get away with it for a long time - I wouldn't even worry about the dividers as I wouldn't keep more then 1 pair per tank without a sump. In my current 20h's the pairs have a koralia 2 for circulation and that's pretty much it besides the live rock. It's not optimal but it's done fine for me for almost 2 years now.

I have my tanks painted black on 3 sides with heaters in each and jar of cheato.

I would only keep 1 pair in each 20L..The divider would be for filtration like in nanos about 4inces from the small end..What are you using for lighting?? How many water changes do you do a week?

I would only keep 1 pair in each 20L..The divider would be for filtration like in nanos about 4inces from the small end..What are you using for lighting?? How many water changes do you do a week?

I'm using t5's but any lighting would work - you could use t8's as all you are doing is giving them a day night cycle. I do two water changes per week.

Just got home with a nice fat breeding pair of wild caught B&W's. The previous owner also threw in a bunch of goodies from Reed's!!

Thanks Ryan!!!

:happydance:

So jealous.

Liar!!!

They are a wild caught pair approximately 6 years old - she has been spawning every 10 days like clock work. Just got them acclimated and into their new tank and she led the male straight to the pot and they started cleaning right away. Her last spawn was 4 days ago so we'll see how long it takes her to get back on track. Oh and she is really large must be just over 4" and you can tell the pair was well taken care off, they are both pretty fat and happy.

Edited by Pickle010

funny you should pick up a pair. i just picked up a spawning pair of Clarkii today. 14 days clockwork for like 4 years now. these are close to 4" or bigger.

also he thru in a fire female for free. now i need a male. anyone know where to get a fire clown?

nothing like scoring a nice BW pair. good job. waiting for mine respawn.

844dce14.jpg

2585bd71.jpg