Cultivated Reef

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

Thanks man... now we got to get you there too!

Lol, that is what I was thinking. I still can't figure out what my female ocellaris clownfish was doing the other night. It seriously looked like she was just dropping eggs while swimming which I know is really unlike clowns.

It's not often that I get photo updates on my clowns from people - but this pic was posted on another forum:

TolbertsSnow.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a pretty sweet snow.

Road Trip?

Don't tempt me lol. My wife would probably love that, and I would spend to much money lol. :lol:

Edit: From Auburn, WA to Terra Bella, CA, it is somewhere around 16 - 17 hours.

Edited by smitty_1280
Don't tempt me lol. My wife would probably love that, and I would spend to much money lol. :lol:

Edit: From Auburn, WA to Terra Bella, CA, it is somewhere around 16 - 17 hours.

Then you're doubting the speed of the during the California trek of it. If my fish is to ever die and I decided to get a new fish that was a clown it could only be Pickle's.

I have a hard time keeping them - most places I supply want them before I can get them to size. :wacko:

This last year especially has been good for tank raised clowns. Many of my local fish stores have expressed that they aren't getting enough clowns shipped in to meet demands and the tank bred clowns are needed to fill the demands.

FishEyeAquaculture
This last year especially has been good for tank raised clowns. Many of my local fish stores have expressed that they aren't getting enough clowns shipped in to meet demands and the tank bred clowns are needed to fill the demands.

Glad to see it is the same in California as it is here in Florida. This is also great news for marine aquaculture in general! Hopefully, other species will be in high demand just as clownfish have been this year.

Edited by FishEyeAquaculture

I have to believe that as we get more proficient in breeding those other species that the awareness and the demand will rise.

I don't know what's been going on but a lot of the wholesalers I've talked to in Los Angeles have all been saying that the numbers on wild caught coming in have been low and many of the ones that are making it in are not looking healthy. They all have their speculations on why that is but all agree that tank raised hands down is the way to go.

I have to believe that as we get more proficient in breeding those other species that the awareness and the demand will rise.

I don't know what's been going on but a lot of the wholesalers I've talked to in Los Angeles have all been saying that the numbers on wild caught coming in have been low and many of the ones that are making it in are not looking healthy. They all have their speculations on why that is but all agree that tank raised hands down is the way to go.

That is very sad news, but at the same time good news for breeders or those of us looking to start breeding lol.

That is very sad news, but at the same time good news for breeders or those of us looking to start breeding lol.

From what I understand the problem isn't in the harvesting / collection. I honestly don't know what's going with them but they've been saying there at a lot of DOA's in the shipments - which really is sad. The numbers in the wild are still strong, but for whatever reason they aren't shipping well and handling the stress.

i jumped in this thread around page 50. thank god i got in then and not have to read the whole 140+ pages. hehe your hard core.

makes me very jealous that you and Jonathan are having a tough time keeping up with supply of clowns...very jealous.

only if my 3 pair would start breeding!!!! got to bring out the barry white CD's. hehe

only thing laying now is my GSM and i just raised a batch this week to get some practice raising fry again. havent had any luck since the summer when i had the batch of my rods onyx. sold most of them to lfs for cheap cause they all are misbars.

sold my one Onyx pair, Bicinctus, Latz and Picasso pairs last week and i am getting a new pair of Chrysopterus during xmas cause my last pair got sick and died.