SaltCritters.com

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

More like changing a watch battery. You'll have to unscrew the LED and then unplug it, plug the new one in and run the screw that holds it in place back in.

I believe that's all there is to it.....definately no soldering.

What all fixtures are available in the group buy. I'd like to get one fixture for each side of my 90 gal. I was thinking of the 160 or 180 on each side......I'm not sure if I like the 30w idea or the multiple 3w's.

Also are we able to upgrade to cree's with the group buy? If so how much?

Thanks for all the answers.

Kevin

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

you can find pricing and post question to our sponsor on our club's board

http://sfvreefers.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thanks Kevin,

More like changing a watch battery. You'll have to unscrew the LED and then unplug it, plug the new one in and run the screw that holds it in place back in.

I believe that's all there is to it.....definately no soldering.

What all fixtures are available in the group buy. I'd like to get one fixture for each side of my 90 gal. I was thinking of the 160 or 180 on each side......I'm not sure if I like the 30w idea or the multiple 3w's.

Also are we able to upgrade to cree's with the group buy? If so how much?

Thanks for all the answers.

Kevin

Thanks for the link! I had previously looked at it and just poorly worded my questions as I was beat up after a day of B.S.!!! :)

I guess what I was wondering about was suggestions as to if the 160 or 180 would be a better choice for an SPS/anemone tank in a standard 90 gallon. I also wondered about peoples thoughts on going with more 30w whites or more 3w LED's ....I'm leaning towards the 3w's for flexibility.

Should I just ask about the cost of Cree replacement on the other site???? :(

Kevin

Hello,

you can find pricing and post question to our sponsor on our club's board

http://sfvreefers.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thanks Kevin,

The 15W blue LED. Are these meant to be swapped in place for a 3W or a 30W bulb placement on the Maxspect?

I just got this from our sponsor;

LED Price:

Retail

3w White SemiLED US$5.40

3w Blue SemiLED US$5.40

3w Red  SemiLED US$5.40

3w Green SemiLED US$5.40

3w Pink SemiLED US$5.40

3w Violet US$8.10

30w White SemiLED US$43.20

3w White Cree XP-G R3 US$12.60

15w Blue SemiLED US$25.20

hello,

How deep is your tank.

I like the 30w.

as for cree replacement I was told it's almost double the cost. You could post on our sponsor thread for a more detailed explanation.

Thanks for the link! I had previously looked at it and just poorly worded my questions as I was beat up after a day of B.S.!!! :)

I guess what I was wondering about was suggestions as to if the 160 or 180 would be a better choice for an SPS/anemone tank in a standard 90 gallon. I also wondered about peoples thoughts on going with more 30w whites or more 3w LED's ....I'm leaning towards the 3w's for flexibility.

Should I just ask about the cost of Cree replacement on the other site???? :(

Kevin

Hello,

good question, I will find out for you

The 15W blue LED. Are these meant to be swapped in place for a 3W or a 30W bulb placement on the Maxspect?

hello,

I'll find out for you, not sure what the spread is

does anyone know if a g1 60 watt would be enough light for 24x12x7 tank? i know the lights only 7x7 but hows the spread?
thanks C. also i didn't see the cost or par on the 60w. is it safe to assume its a bit more than 1/2 the 110w?

paid $190 for mine through this group buy, it awsome. not sure of PAR rating off the top of my head

paid $190 for mine through this group buy, it awsome. not sure of PAR rating off the top of my head

what size tank do u have the 60w over. It looks awesome btw

what size tank do u have the 60w over. It looks awesome btw

thanks for the feedback, its over a standard 10g

May I know what kind of LED light on this group buy for standard 10 gallon?

i have the 60w over my 10g... more than enough light

i thought it over long and hard...(thats what she said) and i just opted for the 2x24 t5 set up. only becuase i could find a pic or anything about it being able to fully light a 24" tank. mabe for when i decide to get a huge tank.

I go my lights and I sure love the change from mh to LEDs, I notice that when I put the led on blue actinic everything glows and popping colors like I never seen before plus all my fishd got scared and They all went hiding but if you stare at the tank with actinic on only that it seem to hurt your eyes.

Definitely worth every penny if anyone is interested to buy one. I got the 160w version and it covered more area then my 150w sunpod. My sps started to show more extension like the 3rd-5th day. Can't wait to upload a picture to show proof of this fantastic led system by maxspect. Very well build!

PM Sent

Interested if a 60w g2 will be made. I have a 36 bow with a plastic euro brace down the center. 2 60w would work well, but I'd only be interested in a g2 that I can run whites and blues seperately.

I will ask our reps about a G2 version of the 60w.

Interested if a 60w g2 will be made. I have a 36 bow with a plastic euro brace down the center. 2 60w would work well, but I'd only be interested in a g2 that I can run whites and blues seperately.

Is it possible to use one of these on a 35 gallon (30"x18"15") keeping SPS, LPS, softies, and clams?

If so, what type?

No there will not be a G2-60w, sorry

Thanks Conrad for the info , I bought the G-1 60w through you and I love it. Wanted to say thanks for all of the effort you have put in to this GB, I cant even begin to imagine trying to keep track of all of the people involved...... GREAT JOB. :bowdown:

Bryan

I would go with the 160w raised 3-4 inches above the tank.

Is it possible to use one of these on a 35 gallon (30"x18"15") keeping SPS, LPS, softies, and clams?

If so, what type?

Thanks Bryan,

Yeah it's a lot of work bro, but I enjoy it. I get to meet cool peeps along the way, I get our club's name out there, and I show support toward our sponsor:). I also get to learn allot about the fixtures and members experiences.

Thanks

Thanks Conrad for the info , I bought the G-1 60w through you and I love it. Wanted to say thanks for all of the effort you have put in to this GB, I cant even begin to imagine trying to keep track of all of the people involved...... GREAT JOB. :bowdown:

Bryan

Did you ever find out the answer to this?

Thanks! :unsure:

Archived