SaltCritters.com

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

Well Adam, did you get in?

What was the final count on the May 3rd group buy?

Kevin

Nope.. I did not.. I did send 2 messages to the guy and both were tracked.. Since April 29th, he havent been active on forum and my messages still haven't been read :(

Also, on the other forum from his first post, he was not active since April 28th. So, I can only hope he is doing fine, and nothing happened to him and I hope to get some message from him soon, still.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ANYONE?!?!?!?!!

How about a reply on the group buy?

If I don't hear something soon I'm gonna have to cancel my PayPal.

Kevin

Hey ANYONE?!?!?!?!!

Kevin

looks like this group buy is DEAD ! :( I was so hoping to buy light here.. but without any respond from the guy, I'll go somewhere else, I guess. Shame.

what fixture would you guys recommend for a current cardiff, mixed reef? the coverage i get from my 150w sunpod isnt that great right now.

thanks

ddwbeagles

You guys might want to glance at the APEX group buy information also posted here in the NR classifieds section. There is an issue on that GB where the vendor stepped in and has created a bit of an obstacle. I imagine that Cmagallon is tied up with trying to work things out on that issue. Probably explains the absence of any updates on this thread for awhile. Be patient

Thanks and wish you all good luck.

cmagallon

Hey guys, sorry I was out camping and I just got back yesterday. GB is good to go. You can ask the peeps that have ordered through the GB before. This GB has nothing to do with the Apex GB, not sure why it was compared to.

I'm working on answering everyones email, so please be patient. We have another GB coming up. It will be the 6th one and maybe the last one if our members have finished purchasing lights.

Thanks,

cmagallon

where do you get this info from , I have a life bro. I'm not in front of my computer every second. No one is forcing anyone to participate. You can ask GB members who have participated in the past, and our sponsor has come through for everyone one of them. I was just trying to share our GB with fellow reefers. I don't get anything out of this except showing support toward our sponsor.

If you're not sure about a GB do the research, ask around. Don't just start posting nonsense. That sucks bro.

Thanks,

Conrad

Hey ANYONE?!?!?!?!!

Kevin

cmagallon

howdy,

I'll ask, I don't have any prices or specs on the cree versions.

How much more is the cree version of the 160w? I would rather say screw it with the 30W and get Xp-g's

Hey bud,

You may want to go with 3 fixture for full coverage. But I'll forward your specs to our rep:)

Does anyone have a configuration recommendation for a 92 gallon bowfront quarter-round corner tank? The dimensions are approximately 48" across the front, 34" down each back side, and 24" deep. Would a G2 230W provide enough coverage front to back, or would vertical mounting of two smaller units be better? Thanks!

You're good to go brotha, if worried just contact the rep for update. He's taken care of everyone that has participated and thats over 65 members. So you can imagine all the work involved in the GB. It takes time:), But I enjoy doing it. When I was abroad while serving one of the things I missed was this hobby. So I've been really involved since my return:). It just suck when people start posting nonsense:(

Thanks bud

Well, Just got my invoice a few minutes ago.

So I guess it's good to go.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Kevin

What are the dims bro

what fixture would you guys recommend for a current cardiff, mixed reef? the coverage i get from my 150w sunpod isnt that great right now.

thanks

oildalemonkey
Hey bud,

You may want to go with 3 fixture for full coverage. But I'll forward your specs to our rep:)

That's what I was thinking, but I'll wait to hear back from the rep to be sure. Thanks, Conrad!

Ridefour20

Any thought on a 100 long mainly lps and a couple sps but I do have a long ten anemone under a 150 sunpod now. Tank is 72x18x19

My fixture is at customs at LAX :)

Having been a GB coordinator for my local club, I know how much work goes into these things. A big thanks to Conrad for dedicating his time and effort for our benefit.

Sincerely,

Stan

cmagallon

Howdy,

Nice tank:)

a G2-110w

hey,

the tank dimensions are:

20" x 20.5" x 20"

curved front

and looks like this: [from the current-usa website]

cardiff_img3.jpg

hey bro,

Yeah, he said 3ea G2-160w would be ideal for good coverage.

That's what I was thinking, but I'll wait to hear back from the rep to be sure. Thanks, Conrad!

A 60w bro. Looks like the G2 version be coming out late June, it's official now:)

hi,

what would you guys recommend for fluval edge 6g?

Howdy,

You could go with 3ea 110w since it's not a SPS tank. But I would suggest 3ea 160w or 2ea 170w

Any thought on a 100 long mainly lps and a couple sps but I do have a long ten anemone under a 150 sunpod now. Tank is 72x18x19

Thanks StanD:)

My fixture is at customs at LAX :)

Having been a GB coordinator for my local club, I know how much work goes into these things. A big thanks to Conrad for dedicating his time and effort for our benefit.

Sincerely,

Stan

Hey Conrad.. so when is the next group buy for these lights? Anytime soon? Also, any chance to order some extra LEDs chips with the light fixture (was looking for some blues and whites).. Thank You.

Hey Conrad.. so when is the next group buy for these lights? Anytime soon? Also, any chance to order some extra LEDs chips with the light fixture (was looking for some blues and whites).. Thank You.

ANYONE?

Just got mine today!!!!

Very nicely built. Can't wait to put them on the tank.

Kevin

is this my bad luck or what? This is second time I am trying to get in this group buy and there is NO ANSWERS from Conrad.. WTH is going on? I just dont GET IT!

ddwbeagles

He is probably like most of us and has a life outside of NR or the internet. Be patient.....remember this is a free service he is providing (he is not a retailer), so cut him some slack. .....and if you haven't, try PM'ing or emailing him before the public bashing.

Not bashing you either and understand the frustration. But, to sponsor and orchestrate a GB is TONs of work and a real pain in the hindparts'. Not many will do it a second time, so those that do and provide this service need the "benefit of the doubt" first. Make sense?

You might want ot check a couple of the other links in here and get them from there. It is only slightly more expensive and you won't have to wait.

Kevin

• 8 months later...

Archived