SaltCritters.com

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

IS there any follow up from the GB?

Are the lights working well? How is growth? Are the softies and LPS getting sunburned?

Is there going to be another Group Buy in the near future for these lights again?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IS there any follow up from the GB?

Are the lights working well? How is growth? Are the softies and LPS getting sunburned?

I bought one of the 110w systems because I wasn't going wanting to do much in the way of hard corals. The lights rock and the blues are absolutely nuts. My tank is 24" tall, the breakdown is basically this;

8"-12" below water line is my top rock where I keep flower pots. Par is high enough for hard corals, zoas tend to die off (too much light)

12-21" I grow zoas, gsp, mushrooms etc (all sorts of softies). Even at the very bottom I'm keeping cinnamin palys (in the back, you can't see them in the images) and various zoas without issue. Where I put the zoas in that range depends on the individual batch, some like it high, some low etc.

Everything appears to be growing. How quickly compared to other lights I have no idea but they seem to be doing well.

For me, I'm glad I got the lower one. My tank is taller than most and yet even at the highest point in my rock the led's are powerful enough to be too much for most zoas. If you were keeping just hard corals I could see using the 160's.

Anyway, my tank is linked in the sig below. The daylight images are so-so, they have purples which aren't there in real life (working on that). The evening images are pretty accurate though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived