Pod Your Reef

Maxspect LED Lighting System "Group Buy"

cmagallon

Hello,

This is what I got from the sponsor;

"The 15w blue LED are only meant for the Cree version of 160w and 230w - because they do not use the 30w white LED and instead replaced with all 3w Cree XP-G R3, but as you know the Cree XP-G R3 are rated at 6500K, so the overall appearance is very yellowish, therefore the 30w white LED bulbs are replaced with 15w blue LED bulbs to balance the yellowish and create an overall 12000K look when all the LED are turned on."

Thanks..

Did you ever find out the answer to this?

Thanks! :unsure:

Next GB will be May 15th 2010

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin:

The pricing listed on the board is more expensive that if I just go to the site and order on my on! I priced out 2 of thw 160w at the site, with their standard discount and it came to $980, using the pricing from the club's board was $1020. Did I miss something or is the group buy rate wrong on the board?

Thanks, Earl

Hello,

you can find pricing and post question to our sponsor on our club's board

http://sfvreefers.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thanks Kevin,

Kevin:

The pricing listed on the board is more expensive that if I just go to the site and order on my on! I priced out 2 of thw 160w at the site, with their standard discount and it came to $980, using the pricing from the club's board was $1020. Did I miss something or is the group buy rate wrong on the board?

Thanks, Earl

Did U actually got to the point when U had to choose shipping? Thats the killer.. I tried it too, to make sure how much it would be for G2 170W from group buy and str8 from on line store and here is what I got:

ON LINE STORE: $700 SHIPPED to USA

GROUP BUY: $670 SHIPPED to USA

Not a HUGE difference.. I guess would like to see it to be little bit more than just $30 :(

Looked like 1020 from group buy and 1080 from the site to my house.

So the group is still better if even by only a little.

Kevin

Hey there. Can You post which website you found it on? Thank You.
Here is my cart at checkout.

Product Price excl. TAX Qty Total excl. TAX

Maxspect Programmable LED Aquarium Lighting

Choose Here: G2-160W (+ $271.00)

Pre Order 10% OFF (- $47.10) $423.90 2 $847.80

Goods Total

$847.80

Shipping to USA / Canada / Mexico

$150.55

Total Order Cost $998.35

Here is the link I used

http://www.fish-street.com/maxspect_progra...category_id=118

Looks like it depends on how many you're shipping. If you're ordering 1 then it seems to be cheaper with the group buy. If you're ordering multiple you can save money using that 10% code (which I don't think was available when this started). It's the shipping that makes a big difference for most. Even with multiple though the cost difference is pretty close in both situations (while the discount code exists that is).

I was about to do the group buy when I saw the pricing change as well and since I am also looking at getting a new protein skimmer, I looked at the cost of adding a BM NAC7 and it turns out to be much cheaper to purchase the lights and the skimmer from FS directly the getting the lights from the group buy and the skimmer from another retailer. In the end doing it all through FS I end up with a nice savings. I would suggest the group buy if you are doing just the lights, but if you get other stuff it might make sense to look at going directly to FS. Also, keep in mind their 10% sale ends tomorrow.

Reefmonster

Wow...Their shipping rate is absolutely outrageous to the USA! I ship HP ML350 Servers mounted in 72" open server racks to France for less than that. I know shipping rates aren't that much...... too bad they are taking you folks for a ride...:angry:

I was about to do the group buy when I saw the pricing change as well and since I am also looking at getting a new protein skimmer, I looked at the cost of adding a BM NAC7 and it turns out to be much cheaper to purchase the lights and the skimmer from FS directly the getting the lights from the group buy and the skimmer from another retailer. In the end doing it all through FS I end up with a nice savings. I would suggest the group buy if you are doing just the lights, but if you get other stuff it might make sense to look at going directly to FS. Also, keep in mind their 10% sale ends tomorrow.

SO I tried Your way and I have to say that I can not see any real savings for myself. I am also looking for BM skimmer and after I put all together on fish street here is what I got:

Maxspect Programmable LED Aquarium Lighting

Choose Here: G2-170W (+ $410.00)

Mount: Wall Mount (+ $10.00)

Pre Order 10% OFF (- $62.00)

Reward Points: 0.0

$558.00 1 $558.00

Bubble Magus NAC7 Cone Protein Skimmer

$170.00 1 $170.00

Goods Total $728.00

Shipping to USA / Canada / Mexico $192.63

Total Order Cost $920.63

So, if I split shipping cost on those two items, I am getting Maxspect for about $654 shipped.. and BM skimmer for about $266 shipped.

I do agree that light seems to cost less (not MUCH though).. but the skimmer price goes way to high comparing to places here in US where U can buy it when it is available..

At this point I am getting into the group buy.. seems just to be easier and safer that way.

Anyone any input to this, please?

Here is the same situation from another store called reefshops (just not sure how safe it is to order from them, what are the store policies, warranty etc..) and here is what I got:

Bubble Magus NAC7 NAC-7 Cone Protein Skimmer

CODE: SKU98774

Qty: x $170.00 = $170.00

MAXSPECT LED for Aquarium

CODE: SKU98782

Qty: x $610.00 = $610.00

LED G2-800-170W

Subtotal:$780.00

Shipping cost to USA:$116.00

Total cost:$896.00

===================

So once again Maxspect would cost me $668 which is really no difference from group buy.. BUT the skimmer seems to be little bit in better price range shipped: $228.

Just wanted to confirm that this is for May 3rd right?

Kevin

+1. Need to know the same info.. Sent PM about 2 days ago and no respond so far..

oildalemonkey

Does anyone have a configuration recommendation for a 92 gallon bowfront quarter-round corner tank? The dimensions are approximately 48" across the front, 34" down each back side, and 24" deep. Would a G2 230W provide enough coverage front to back, or would vertical mounting of two smaller units be better? Thanks!

Hey,

Haven't seen an update on the May 3rd group buy.

Will the invoices be going out Tues or Weds? Was there a good number of buyers this time?

Kevin

Hey,

Haven't seen an update on the May 3rd group buy.

Will the invoices be going out Tues or Weds? Was there a good number of buyers this time?

Kevin

Yeah, whats going on? I sent PM to group guru guy, and havent heard back yet :( tomorrow is last day, and to be honest I am thinking to order it on my own, if no one wants my money $$$$ ;) here.. so, hummmm, seriously, whats going on?

Well, Just got my invoice a few minutes ago.

So I guess it's good to go.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Kevin

Well, Just got my invoice a few minutes ago.

So I guess it's good to go.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Kevin

so is that mean it is to late for me to join the May 3rd group buy?

I don't know.

Did you forward all your contact info to Conrad? If so Then I'd guess you're in. If not send him a PM with it and he'll let you know if you made it or not.

Kevin

I don't know.

Did you forward all your contact info to Conrad? If so Then I'd guess you're in. If not send him a PM with it and he'll let you know if you made it or not.

Kevin

well I wasnt sure what do I have to send.. so I was polite and send question PM.. and NEVER heard back :(

well I wasnt sure what do I have to send.. so I was polite and send question PM.. and NEVER heard back :(

This is the info I sent him.

-First Name

-Last Name

-Phone # (in case of emergency contact regarding shipment, etc.)

-PayPal Email

-Full Address with Postal Code

-Model (G2-160w, etc.)

-Quantity

Good luck,

Kevin

Archived