Cultivated Reef

Pico Contest

hlander

anyway we could start stocking tonight? work and school are owning all my time monday + tuesday :(

smae but i cant start anyway cause i dont have rock and other stuff yet but u could start it a 12 mindnight tonight. :)

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, not until the 25th. Then you can.

Why would you add livestock and live rock at the same time though?

well, by stocking i meant adding sand/rock/water. But, all my sand/rock/and water are coming from an existing system so i could technically stock tonight...lol

animalmaster6
well, by stocking i meant adding sand/rock/water. But, all my sand/rock/and water are coming from an existing system so i could technically stock tonight...lol

Oh sorry.

You can tonight at 12 Midnight lol. I will be whatching for DQ's though :ninja:

Also, if I frag some of my corals from one of my other systems, how much do I have to subtract from the livestock spending limit?

any word on the ruling here?

animalmaster6
any word on the ruling here?

Sorry didn't see that. You have to post or send me a pic of the frag and I'll calculate by vividaquariums.com and other sites. Depending on how many polyps, eyes, etc.

Sorry didn't see that. You have to post or send me a pic of the frag and I'll calculate by vividaquariums.com and other sites. Depending on how many polyps, eyes, etc.

That's going to get overwhelming super fast.

It's by your time zone

I think you might be better off standardizing it using a specific time zone as this staggered approach might be troublesome once the end of the contest rolls around

animalmaster6
I think you might be better off standardizing it using a specific time zone as this staggered approach might be troublesome once the end of the contest rolls around

You're probably right

Ok It's by Eastern Time!

i think u should just make a thread for pricing the corals and also i think u should judge the corals on condition as well.

That's an idea

or u could have them send either u or hlander a pm with a pic so that way u know u dont miss any corals that dont have prices like frags from other tanks or from the ocean.

animalmaster6
So we have to have something in it by midnight? I thought we couldn't even start to put stuff in it till the 25th?

Not livestock, something like a t-shirt, cap, food, etc.

or u could have them send either u or hlander a pm with a pic so that way u know u dont miss any corals that dont have prices like frags from other tanks or from the ocean.

I think I'm going to make a thread for it.

So we have to have something in it by midnight? I thought we couldn't even start to put stuff in it till the 25th?

You have to have an entry pic with an item in it by midnight tonight. You can add livestock tomorrow

OK I'm confused.....

The original post reads:

Rules and Guidelines:

~ The Contest will start Jan. 25 and end July 25

~ You have to be entered with a picture of your tank with an item in it (shirt, can, etc) by Jan. 25 to participate

~ You are allowed to start purchasing equipment for the tank, but no livestock until Jan. 25

~ Your tank may have a sump or fuge but it must be either in the back chambers or your filter

~ You must start a thread for your tank so we can follow your progress by Jan. 20~ Livestock, equipment, and lighting can come from anywhere, but if it is already owned the cost must still be deducted

~If equipment is bought used it will be deducted 75% of the lowest price advertised from Dr. Fosters and Smith or Marine Depot

~If equipment or livestock is bought online you will deduct the price but shipping does not count

~ The budget is based on the honor system

~ have fun!

If you have any questions please pm me or animalmaster6.

I just want to make sure I have this right (I don't want to be DQ'd before the contest even begins...lol)

I was under the impression we had to have our FTS uploaded to the contest thread by Midnight 01/25/2010. But I keep seeing people posting about having an empty FTS (with a random object inside) uploaded by midnight tonight. (Is that because tonight is Sunday and we have to have FTS's uploaded every other Sunday...?) Please just clarify this. I really dont care either way but am confused...thanks for the clarification.

Also will there be a link to the contest FTS Thread here? I have not ofund one yet. Of course I am new and still learning how to navigate this site. I started my tank thread 01/20/2010 and there is a FTS there as outlined in the rules and guidelines.

Thanks again!

Jae

Archived