SaltCritters.com

Pico Contest

hlander

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of the contest :(

If you have been following along in my thread, I recently purchased a Hydor Hydrotherm temp controller. It worked for a few weeks, but when I got home yesterday, I noticed that the red light wasnt on and the temp of my tank dropped to below 60 degrees. I panicked and plugged the heater in the wall (its the set temp stealth heater rated for up to 3 gallons). Well, it raised the temp to over 90 degrees and fried the whole tank.

It was fun while it lasted. I'll be in the next contest for sure!

animalmaster6
Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of the contest :(

If you have been following along in my thread, I recently purchased a Hydor Hydrotherm temp controller. It worked for a few weeks, but when I got home yesterday, I noticed that the red light wasnt on and the temp of my tank dropped to below 60 degrees. I panicked and plugged the heater in the wall (its the set temp stealth heater rated for up to 3 gallons). Well, it raised the temp to over 90 degrees and fried the whole tank.

It was fun while it lasted. I'll be in the next contest for sure!

:tears:

I'm sorry! That stinks! :(

SO what does one have to do to enter the contest

i am built tank and stand for the ground up in early January and would love to be in on this contest

the tank will be about 2 gallons total and live stock would come form my larger tank fro cycling

i set it up to e a sexie tank but would love to be in on this contest

animalmaster6
SO what does one have to do to enter the contest

i am built tank and stand for the ground up in early January and would love to be in on this contest

the tank will be about 2 gallons total and live stock would come form my larger tank fro cycling

i set it up to e a sexie tank but would love to be in on this contest

Unfortunetly it is too late enter. It would be unfair to the people who signed up on time and I think it would be an unfair start to you.

I'm sorry. maybe next time :)

Unfortunetly it is too late enter. It would be unfair to the people who signed up on time and I think it would be an unfair start to you.

I'm sorry. maybe next time :)

ANy otehr ones giong i can jump in on i am proud of my first pico and want to enter it some way ???

animalmaster6
ANy otehr ones giong i can jump in on i am proud of my first pico and want to enter it some way ???

I would love for you to join :) Maybe next time. :)

I think the Methodology one you can enter.

Good Luck on the pico! I will be whatching :)

How many of you guys use Chemi pure elite in your Pico systems? I just ordered some and was planning on placing it in my HOTB filter. I have only been running the filter as a means to circulate the water but thought adding some CPE would be a nice added benefit. Also if I use it should I put some filter floss before it so I can change that out every few days or since the CPE has a nitrate reducing factor dont worry about it and just toss it in alone...?

Thanks for any input

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a long way off but is there a cut off date for stocking the tanks? I may have read it on another contest's thread but thought it was a great idea and wasn't sure if a deadline had been implemented on ours.

animalmaster6
I know its a long way off but is there a cut off date for stocking the tanks? I may have read it on another contest's thread but thought it was a great idea and wasn't sure if a deadline had been implemented on ours.

No there isn't. That would be cruelty :lol:

Count me out guys.I am just going to stick with my 5.5g tank and shut all others down.I found out Thrusday I am type 2 diabetec and I am all out of wack.I just got my vision back yesturday and I am just haveing a hard time focusing on stuff I need to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok,

After the tank crashed...so i have cleaned it up, pulled myself up by the bootstraps and reloaded for round 2

Here is the starting pic ( 4/11/10)

186.jpg

Archived