inTank Media Baskets

Chef's sealed pico

chefcody86

The build:

custom acrylic tank 8x4x4 0.55 U.S. gallons (Sealed)

Nano cube style filtration

Fluval 50 Gph pump

2.25 watt led fixture

custom top (black)

Idea: Have a closed mini Marine Reef Ecosystem

Progress:Tank is siliconed (dry) Pin hole leak Redid the whole tank (drying) insert inserted and paint is drying (black)

Pump is cut to size , and installed

Overflow drilled

top made a puddied (drying) and painted (rebuilding another) Done

Scrapper Glued (drying) Done

Im trying to figure out what to put in this ?

I know for sure a shall sand bed some macro in the back but what about tiny fish is there anything tiny enough to put in this?

<mini crabs?

Tiny hermit and snail?

some tiny pieces of coral frags? bits of live rock?

any suggestions?

Going with live rock in sump and some macro gonna get a smal led for sump light hopefully.

For the show tank im still uncertian maybe some zoas green and orange ? a blue legged hermit maybe

Pics

post-48290-1266093039_thumb.jpg

post-48290-1266093068_thumb.jpg

Brandon429 could give you some really excellent advice and input on this since he has successfully done setups like this for several years now.

GL!

Here is pics of top and a scrapper since its sealed it will be my only means of cleaning coraline/ algea.

two magnet with foam silicone and some plastic strap/rope? material. (don't know if it will float so im not calling it a mag-float a scrapper lol

Youll see how its gonna work more tommorow.

post-48290-1266104483_thumb.jpg

post-48290-1266104502_thumb.jpg

post-48290-1266104515_thumb.jpg

Here is pics of top and a scrapper since its sealed it will be my only means of cleaning coraline/ algea.

two magnet with foam silicone and some plastic strap/rope? material. (don't know if it will float so im not calling it a mag-float a scrapper lol

Youll see how its gonna work more tommorow.

This would make a great contest tank. The regular pico contest is underway and I beleive is now closed for any new tanks.

The Unoffical Pico Methodology Contest has open enrollment until April 30th. Check out that link and if your interested you would need to post your build thread link in there and then post a FTS of a dry tank with either a "coffee cup" or a "shot glass" in the tank. That picture would need to be posted in the Pico Methodology Contest, FTS Submission thread. With open enrollment no real hurries on posting your "coffee Cup" or "shot glass" picture.

Anyway should be an interesting build and would love to see you in the Pico Methodology Contest.

thesmallerthebetter

sounds like an interesting set-up. definitely look into brandon's reefs, that are absolutly amazing.

what im interested in is that "50gph fluval pump", u have a picture of that sucker?

Some pics not all done so im not putting my pic for the contest in for at least a couple more days but heres a throw together. the top is throwed im making a new one.

post-48290-1266171856_thumb.jpg

post-48290-1266171865_thumb.jpg

post-48290-1266171875_thumb.jpg

Testing it tommorow

I heard some stuff about heat tape but i might just run it without heat.

It's going to be sealed and the light puts off some heat.My room stays about 70 degrees.

I might not use any.

Testing it tommorow

I heard some stuff about heat tape but i might just run it without heat.

It's going to be sealed and the light puts off some heat.My room stays about 70 degrees.

I might not use any.

the heat tape s the best way togo but i havnt used any heat source and its been running at about 78 to 80 but drops to like 71, 72. im working on makng a tiny heater just need to make the thermostat. but then my worry is when summer comes around it might get to hot i guess ill find out.

the heat tape s the best way togo but i havnt used any heat source and its been running at about 78 to 80 but drops to like 71, 72. im working on makng a tiny heater just need to make the thermostat. but then my worry is when summer comes around it might get to hot i guess ill find out.

I put a 40mm fan in the hood blowing down on the water for some evaporative cooling. It's controlled by the RKL but should solve the summer heat issue as I know I will have that problem.

I put a 40mm fan in the hood blowing down on the water for some evaporative cooling. It's controlled by the RKL but should solve the summer heat issue as I know I will have that problem.

i grabed one of thoughs fans to but i need to figure out how to mount it and power it and control it

i use a .ittle fan out of a computer hardrive that wasn't being used and cut and taped the wires to a old cell phone charger fan works great no heat in wires and it blows great to cool my top on my 29 gallon.

OK got it tested the flow is perfect all great and i get a pinhole leak so out with the water in with the silicone and another 24 wait. Im patient but this is a lil frustrating.

Archived