Top Shelf Aquatics

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

And almost everyone of you will be violating Orbitec's patent.

I know I certainly will be.

If enough people do. And the patent is not enforced, maybe it might be deemed public domain.

Broken patent.

i dont know what you're talking about?! :rolleyes:

we are all making high powered flash lights that we just so happens to be pointing at our tanks for a small light show.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, thanks Dennis for making this happen! I hope you get some small profit out of it. Hopefully the order arrives complete with no problems.

As for the patent, I think it only applies to commercial establishments creating products to sell to the public, right?

you are all welcome!

i placed the order for the meanwells this morning and i will find out this afternoon on estimated time of arrival.

the LED order is placed but it is not finilized yet, so i will keep everyone posted.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LED order has been finalized.

no more changes, thank you. updates later this afternoon.

LED order has been finalized.

no more changes, thank you. updates later this afternoon.

I want to thank you again too Dennis.

Hope you make a couple bucks because this would have been a tonne of work to organize.

i wish but no pofit. i tried to get it as close as possible and thanks to others gifting thier payments, and others giving for their paypal fees, it is just going to be right on the money!

update time

drivers

as expected it will be about 8 weeks before delivery

Leds

all of the xr-e LEDs are available now along with most of the lenses. thry are sending me what they can now on the lenses and the rest will come in with the xp-g and xp-e's. estimated time for the xp-g r5 is 3 to 4 weeks. i will know more of an exact date soon. the incomplete lense order is the 40 degree. there are only 48 pieces out of 189.

there is an xp-g option for those of you who want it now. the supplier has 450 pieces of the xp-g R4. the difference is that the R5 is 139 lumens and the R4 is 130 lumens. only 9 lumens difference. i need to delete some PM's, but let me know by friday if you are interestd so i can add it to this order. it should ship to me by the end of next week if you want them. let me know.

I want the R5. What about the XP-E?

the xp-e are on back order along with the xp-g. they do have like 48 pieces of the d5, but with so little in stock, i told them we'll wait for the d3's

Mike HArrington

8 Weeks is good here too. It will be enough time to fully plan things out and get the odds and ends. I will certainly be up for future group buys with all of you guys. I am planning on eventually replacing all the halides with LED arrays.

Thanks again Dennis!

you are all welcome guys.

update!

i know you all love them.

i split the LED order so that not everybody has to wait. i should receive the first part of the LED order by Friday. i'll complete the orders that i can. all of the xr-e's are coming in with almost all of the optics. and for the few the did request the R4's, those are coming in too.

I just sold my solana so I'll be building the fixtures for sale... Or I might just build an 18" tank where the solana was supposed to fit and build a fixture for that.

Send me the LED's when you get them. No hurry.

B

Hey Deep,

Did you get the Meanwells from my supplier?

'z'

hey Z,

no i didn't.

the lead time was the same if not more than through my supplier.

the first part of the LED order should be here on FRIDAY!!!!!!

i will complete the orders that i can and for those who paid extra to split their order, yours will be on the way too.

I just found out I will be moving in a month, so if anyone one is interested I may start parting out my order of 52 XP-E, 52 XP-G, 8 MW-D, and 104 40 deg optics. PM me, I have heatsinks too.

I just found out I will be moving in a month, so if anyone one is interested I may start parting out my order of 52 XP-E, 52 XP-G, 8 MW-D, and 104 40 deg optics. PM me, I have heatsinks too.

pm sent

just to bug you

what determines who gets in the first split?

is it just the people who went for xr-es and the R4?

that's correct. And those that paid for split shipping.

Wife just said I could get a 36x36x18 sps tank, so I'll be needing another group buy before too long!

First part of the LEd order is in! I will. Begin to package the orders on saturday.

I pm'd you about some of your leds and a couple of meanwells. Let me know if you didn't get it plz. Thanks Mark

Archived