Pod Your Reef

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

Wife just said I could get a 36x36x18 sps tank, so I'll be needing another group buy before too long!

I'm already wishing I would have splurged and got 96 and drivers rather than half of what I expect to need "just to experiment". Then again looking at Soundwave's growth on his 75 in his RC thread I wonder if 96 over my 120 will be necessary...

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike HArrington
I'm already wishing I would have splurged and got 96 and drivers rather than half of what I expect to need "just to experiment". Then again looking at Soundwave's growth on his 75 in his RC thread I wonder if 96 over my 120 will be necessary...

I am wishing I would have doubled up as well. I am so looking forward to getting these over my 270 gallon and doing away with some of the Halides and the heat they generate....not to mention the chiller will not run as often. One day I hope to be 100% LED!!

im still waiting to har for an ETA on the drivers. i should have the rest of the LED order next week. we are waitinf for some Lenses, the rest of the xpg's and xp-e's, and all of the xp lenses.

i am sending out these boxes today (10)

new boston contruction

project82s10

sleeuno

wildwillie

imagex

danialrvb

diverreefer

jman785

wwu123

jtro (split ship)

for those who wanted the r4's. sorry they didn't come in and they wont come in. you're stuck with the r5's that came instead! :P

Last April when I got in on evilc66's group buy for XR-Es they were easy to solder. I absolutely detest the ledsupply solder pads.

hey random question for those who get these first, are these easy to solder like the dealextreme star board or are they slippery like the ledsupply ones?
qualitycontrol

slippery? I am having a hard time following what slippery means. Make sure you use flux and solder separate. The solder with the embedded flux is garbage. As soon as you heat the flux it should clean the contact and away you go!

Yea I don't quite understand what was meant by 'slippery' either.

I am assuming that the solder was not bonding to the pads well (?). If that is true they are probably coated and would need to be cleaned with alcohol first.

yeaps, the ones i got from led supply for my first build woiuld not bond, stick, pull, stick pull, repeat, drove me mad, first time soldering too. leds from deal extreme were like solder magnets, it stuck right on, lemme know how it goes guys, and if i need to order some flux or whatever

Yeah deep, I have pm'ed you about LEDs. I paid the split shipping.

my apologies superglue i'll look it up later tonight. please excuse but there are lot of PM's, paypal messages,etc. i did miss some.

update

all LED and lenses should be in by friday.

still awaiting word on the drivers for an exact date.

thanks

BTW I still have 6 XP-E, 32 XP-G, 76 40 deg XP optics, and 6 drivers up for grabs. Better grabem while you can get them in your shipment!

Hey there Perry, I will take your last 6 E's, 14 G's, 16 optics, and 2 more meanwells plz. I will pm you with details. Thx, Mark

Archived