inTank Media Baskets

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

I am "interested" in 8 meanwell "D", 36XP-G, 68XP-E, and 104 40 degree XP lenses. I did the groupbuysite for the LEDs.

edit: I want 6 Meanwell "D", 24 XR-E CW, 48 XR-E RB, and 70 60 degree XR lenses. Sorry for the changeup. After sleeping on it I had an early morning idea that I think will be better. I will PM you my change too. There shouldnt be anymore changes.

no probs here. got your revision down

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deepdvnarq,

can you get me a spec sheet on what type of board these are mounted to? I'd like dimensions so I can see how many I can fit on a heatsink I already have.

Thanks!

-a

The gerber files for an XR-E cree star are available on cree's website (link)

You will need to find something to view the gerber files.

I would imagine that you can fit about one per square inch as a good approximation.

I'm in for 6x RB XR-Es, 6x CW and 12x 80 degree optics. I signed up as committed on the group buy site and hit submit a few times because the site kept timing out. I checked the committed buyers and it put me down for 60. Can you adjust that?

Thanks!

if they are on back order they will take 7-8 weeks. i already sent them an email and will call them tomorrow to see if they will reserve some for us. i will post when i have more info.

Did you ever hear back about the Meanwell backorder lag time? Looks like I'm going to need a couple "P" 's.

The gerber files for an XR-E cree star are available on cree's website (link)

You will need to find something to view the gerber files.

I would imagine that you can fit about one per square inch as a good approximation.

ian's on the ball! :lol:

they are about 20-22mm in diameter.

I'm in for 6x RB XR-Es, 6x CW and 12x 80 degree optics. I signed up as committed on the group buy site and hit submit a few times because the site kept timing out. I checked the committed buyers and it put me down for 60. Can you adjust that?

Thanks!

yes, you are not the only one it happened to. luckily i can see where your order multiplied. i have to send out revised invoices to all

got you down for

xr-e

6 rb

6 cw

12 80 degree optics

Did you ever hear back about the Meanwell backorder lag time? Looks like I'm going to need a couple "P" 's.

yes :( i just got a response today and there will be a wait on all meanwells. :tears: the wait will be 7 to 8 weeks. they only have 2 pcs of d's available on the planet! everything has been bought up. in the mean time, i checked other suppliers and they too dont have the quantity we currently need. not even close. and their pricing sucked except for one company.

whitiecasper82

Hey deep,

you've got me down on the summary for 36 XP-e RB and 36 XR-e RB, can you switch the XP-E RB for the XP-G CW. I think you just posted it in the wrong column, just want to be sure before the order gets made. 72 RB's would make for one really blue tank!!

Also, with the delay in the Meanwells, is it going to be split into two different orders? If it is then I'll go ahead and get some lenses too, if not then I'll have to wait till the budget (wife) gives me the ok.

Thanks

Whitiecasper82

When does the group buy close? Also what's the difference between Ps and Ds? And what optics and how many LED are recommended for a 3 gal pico?

Nevermind I found all my answers on page 5.

Also what's the difference between Ps and Ds?

wondering the same thing between the p and d

please put me down for

2 dimmable 0-10 meanwells

xr-e

8 rb

8 cw

going to be for a bc 14 do i need optics

wondering the same thing between the p and d

P -> PWM/digital dimming (variable square waveform)

D -> analog dimming (0-10v variable supply)

You should not need optics on a BC14, if you want really high par levels on the sand bed you could use 80 deg.

Hope that helps.

Hey Dennis,

You mentioned quantities available of the 'D' but no info on the 'P' version.

Would I receive my stuff faster if I opted from 'P' instead (I can work with either) or would it make no difference? I only ask as I don't want to have to change the bulbs in my current fixture if I can avoid it but they are getting pretty old...

Thanks!

-Ian

OK, one more question...any idea how soon they might have 60 degree optics available for the xp-g?

Because if I'm waiting 7-8 weeks for the drivers I won't be running any fixtures sooner than that, and I might as well go with the more efficient LEDs and purchase 60 deg optics when they become available.

Deep...

I am thinking about hooking up to the GB... have BC29 and have been thinking about building a LED retro. What would you say the right setup would be? Would 24 (@ 2.5" spacing L-R) 50/50 (wh/rb) XR-Es (unless 60 deg optics become available for XP-Gs) by themselves or w/60deg optics do the job or should I go for 28 (@ 2" spacing L-R)? In both cases Front - Back spacing would be 2". There is a total area of ~8" x 16" from what I can tell under there to work with. Do I need any UV's in there? I want to make sure I don't get any spotlights, just nice powerful light throught (w/dimming ofcourse). I know I can vary the optics front to back and left to right but not unless someone has a tried and true configuration. Also, would I need any night LEDs w/this, or can I just use the RB's dimmed way down?

Another question, on the dimming... I was trying to decide on analog v.s. PWM and can't find any specifics on what I need to get the dimming going for PWM. I guess for the analog all I should really need are potentiometers, right? What current would they need to take?

Want to build a light setup so I can keep pretty much anything, like clams on the sand bed etc. I guess equvalent to a 150W MH + actinics or so. The tank isn't set up yet so my projections are purely theoretical.

Thanks,

spacey :)

Is the Meanwell "D" the one that works with the Reef Keeper ALC?

+1 very cool question, I didn't even think of that and I have loaded up w/RKL stuff. No light modules but that would definitely be in the works if I could control my retro LEDs w/RKL nicely.

spacey B)

+1 very cool question, I didn't even think of that and I have loaded up w/RKL stuff. No light modules but that would definitely be in the works if I could control my retro LEDs w/RKL nicely.

spacey B)

yes! check out OPY01 thread on his tank. he has the rkl hooked up like i do.

hi everyone i just finished with the PM's and i got to get on the phone for a conference call. as soon as im done, i will be back on to update everything and answer all questions. thanks for your patience with me.

lates

Dennis

I would like to get in on this, but I have a few questions. How many leds would be required on a 20H tank that is 24x 12x 16(high)? I’m thinking 20 with 80 degree optics. Would I need to purchase two Meanwells, and if the Meanwells are AC current do they still need a power supply or do they plug into a socket? Other then the leds, drivers, possible power supply, and heat sink are there going to be any major cost associated with this project other then wiring and little items like that?

I would like to get in on this, but I have a few questions. How many leds would be required on a 20H tank that is 24x 12x 16(high)? I’m thinking 20 with 80 degree optics. Would I need to purchase two Meanwells, and if the Meanwells are AC current do they still need a power supply or do they plug into a socket? Other then the leds, drivers, possible power supply, and heat sink are there going to be any major cost associated with this project other then wiring and little items like that?

I have 18 over my 15g. I would get 2 meanwells, and fill them up with 26 leds. 80s would be good, but with 26 leds you could do 60s. There arent any other major costs.

I have been following several of the LED threads on another forum, but want to get in on this group buy, if I can. How many xp-g cw R5 and xp-e can each meanwell drive? I want to get at least 2 of the D meanwells and LEDs to match to start experimenting.

Archived