Innovative Marine Aquariums

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so were you able to check on the r5 bins? (or s2 if at all possible). what about the xp-e blues, 14 or 15?

also, is the xp series optics the same diameter as the xr series?

yes those are the R5's i thought i posted it. sorry if i didn't

Those break points listed are for # of buyers and not # of units is that correct? :huh:

one LED is considered a buyer. so if you buy 25 led, that's 25 buyers. so in short yes the buyers means units.

so were you able to check on the r5 bins? (or s2 if at all possible). what about the xp-e blues, 14 or 15?

also, is the xp series optics the same diameter as the xr series?

oops ,forgot the second part of your question. i will call about the lenses to triple check for the xp-g and xp-e.

i will lett everyone know in the next few days if there is going to be a meanwell GB. this one will be real quick to make sure we dont have to wait 8 weeks for those to come in. they have a small shipment coming in in mid january and i want to make sure that nobody purchased them already and that i get some allocated for us.

whats the story with the meanwells a friend of mine got them and says they wont work unless you get some kind of dimmer that he had to order from the uk

I think I'll be getting some royal blues for the fixture I made using 54 xre4white and 54 blues I wasnt happy with the color I keep the whites at 75% to give it a 14k color but have been running this fixture for 10 months and so far everything is looking great

Thanks again Evil

I am interested in the GB but first, What do you all think is the best for a 4 gallon tank? How many do i need of the LEDs and what kind? i like the 12k look and mostly hosting LPS and SPS. thanks in advance!

I am in for 12 XR-E RB and may be interested in the meanwell gb

got you down

will let everyone in a few days. i'm trying to get a better pricing again and make sure there isnt going to be a big wait on those. they are getting some in on the 15th but it is only 76 of them and it is first come first served if there isnt any holds on them already. i just dont want to wait or make anyone wait 2-3 months for something.

I am interested in the GB but first, What do you all think is the best for a 4 gallon tank? How many do i need of the LEDs and what kind? i like the 12k look and mostly hosting LPS and SPS. thanks in advance!

i need dimensions please. thanks

for the 12k look use a 50/50 mix of cool white and royal blue. you can achieve any kelvin rating you want if you use dimmable drivers.

for a 4 gallon tank i would just use the good ol' xr-e's.

need the dimensions though to recommend how many though.

The custom tank is 1/4 cast acrylic, measure 12x14x8.75 the display is 8.5x12

How many leds would i need to keep a good amount for LPS (acans) and SPS (Montipora)?

The custom tank is 1/4 cast acrylic, measure 12x14x8.75 the display is 8.5x12

How many leds would i need to keep a good amount for LPS (acans) and SPS (Montipora)?

8 to 10 LEDs total in a 4 LED by 2 row config or a 5 LED by 2 row config. i would do the 10 LED setup..beter coverage.

is the shipping cost same if i order 12 or 100? ...not enough for me to order the group buy...:(

yes its the same.

Any word on lens sizes for XP's?

B

i will call on monday

I would like to keep some sps in my 28 nano cube, what do you recommend for a 14k look?

just use dimmable drivers and you can get any look you want from 6500k to 40000k.

Any luck for the meanwells?

I will be on joining the GB here in the next few days. I am trying to get a few others locally to join too.

-Dave

*** Could you also put me down for 24 XR-E 60deg optics please ***

I am also interested in progress on the MW GB as I am in need of two ELN-60-48-P.

I am also interested in progress on the MW GB as I am in need of two ELN-60-48-P.

im checking the options for the lenses on the xp-g's. i should get a email in about half hour. as far as i know know, the xp-g's are only available in 40dergree or tighter. i will send you a pm on the meanwell.

Any luck for the meanwells?

I will be on joining the GB here in the next few days. I am trying to get a few others locally to join too.

-Dave

question for everyone! i have made my concern know for a groupbuy for the meamwells and their availabilty. there is no problem getting a few without any stocking problems (upto about 15 units) but if you guys dont mind waiting for them incase they are on backorder, i will put up the GB in a few days. please those that are interested, please PM me or respond here. please do note that there would be a 7 to 8 week lead time if that is the case. if they have them in stock, then its only a week after payment received.

well come on Dave!

pm sent on meanwells...still pondering my LED counts...

question for everyone! i have made my concern know for a groupbuy for the meamwells and their availabilty. there is no problem getting a few without any stocking problems (upto about 15 units) but if you guys dont mind waiting for them incase they are on backorder, i will put up the GB in a few days. please those that are interested, please PM me or respond here. please do note that there would be a 7 to 8 week lead time if that is the case. if they have them in stock, then its only a week after payment received.

well come on Dave!

I'm in on the GB for the LEDS and the Meanwell drivers. I will decide what exactly I want in a day or two.

Thanks,

Pete

cool!

cool got you down

Archived