Innovative Marine Aquariums

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I love that shot of the blastos. I've been thinking recently that you don't see near enough of them in tanks. Then again I rarely even see them for sale compared to other corals.

very nice Video V.

Very nice avatar picture.

I love that shot of the blastos. I've been thinking recently that you don't see near enough of them in tanks. Then again I rarely even see them for sale compared to other corals.

Thanks. There is a shop here that sells them all the time, but very large colonies for a couple hundred bucks a pop. I don't have the real estate for that.

Love the goby pic!

I knew you would! He's a decent addition to the tank. I was hoping for something like the fat, punky blenny of the past, but it's nothing like that unfortunately.

Now we all just need an fts to enjoy...

Man it took me two weeks just to take those pictures and upload them, lol. I will though, no worries.

Well if the pics are THAT good, it's worth the wait.

A while back you were talking about an upgrade... Something much larger. Still in the works?

TheNordCelt

Hey V, great shots again. I think I have that same goby, do you have a shrimp with him?

Here's a video I made of mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey V, great shots again. I think I have that same goby, do you have a shrimp with him?

Here's a video I made of mine.

I don't have the shrimp for him, no. That's really cool though.

Damn V have you ever taken a bad shot.

Thanks for the pics.

Hah, yeah at one time I was the master of cutting people's heads off in pictures. Glad you like them.

A while back you were talking about an upgrade... Something much larger. Still in the works?

We have plans and got quotes for redoing our basement, so I'm just waiting for that to happen since I don't want to have to deal with moving a tank out when the place gets torn up. I actually just sat down to work on some tank ideas when I thought of seeing whats up on nanoreef...

20L related news - somehow I have some green hair algae growing in the tank.

So I bought a small tang and we'll see if he makes salad of it or if I end up mag poisoning it.

That's right, a tang.

Pics later.

That's right, a tang.

Does this mean there is an upgrade in the works or just going to trade/return it when your done?

Does this mean there is an upgrade in the works or just going to trade/return it when your done?

Upgrade, though if he doesn't mow down the algae he'll be traded for coral long before that.

FTS and a pic of the new fish. The tang and the 6-line are best friends apparently. I was worried the 6-line would go nuts, but they just swim around next to each other.

IMG_0004-Edit.jpg

IMG_0008-Edit.jpg

How much and how many times a day are you feeding the tang?

I hear the smaller ones don't do as well but I've heard plenty of success stories and they all attribute it to heavy feedings.

Should have gotten a one spot foxface Siganus unimaculatus for the algae. They are an incredible mowing machine.

They mow corals down too though don't they?

How much and how many times a day are you feeding the tang?

I feed the tank once every other day. A mix of rod's food and nutramar ova (for the mandarin).

Everything still looks incredible V. Love the the pics and vid.

Thanks. Post the pic of your tank in its room. I want to see the overall look before I shamelessly rip it off...

Video looks awsome V! Did you end up modding your ato? I have a 20l with a remora nano as well and was looking at adding an ato prob from autotopoff. Is your hose glued to the skimmer?

Archived