Cultivated Reef

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

Two mandarins actually. T5 bulbs, I forget the names but they are listed in post 1.

FTS forthcoming, I wasn't sure where some of the new acros would end up and I finally got them parked this morning so I'll put something up this week.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is feeding the Manderins going? From what i've read, it's doable but challenging to get them to eat frozen or pellets. Truely beautiful fish.

How is feeding the Manderins going? From what i've read, it's doable but challenging to get them to eat frozen or pellets. Truely beautiful fish.

These are ORA mandarins, relatively new to the market. They have been trained to eat frozen food before they hit the shop. I feed them prawn eggs and they gobble them up.

boosted chemist
These are ORA mandarins, relatively new to the market. They have been trained to eat frozen food before they hit the shop. I feed them prawn eggs and they gobble them up.

Really? Ive heard only the target ones where out of now but that is cool. Ive been waiting to get one of those, but at my LFS they had one and i noticed it eating mysis, so i jumped on it for 16 bucks. Hes a bit slow so i have to feed him right in front of him, but hes still a fatty so im happy. If u dont mind me asking how much did u pay for them each, ive heard they where going to go from 50 to 100.

That's super awesome news.

The tank looks great. Remarkable recovery!

Really? Ive heard only the target ones where out of now but that is cool. Ive been waiting to get one of those, but at my LFS they had one and i noticed it eating mysis, so i jumped on it for 16 bucks. Hes a bit slow so i have to feed him right in front of him, but hes still a fatty so im happy. If u dont mind me asking how much did u pay for them each, ive heard they where going to go from 50 to 100.

Yeah I think it was like 160 bucks for the pair... They are little too, maybe an inch and a quarter in length.

that was a couple of horrific pages V. I am very sorry to hear about the loses that you have gone through. but every one is right, that you'll be able to bring the tank back to its beautiful self. the new additions look great.

again I'm sorry to hear about the loses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
IMG_0058-Edit.jpg

What kind of coral is this it looks awsome!!!!

Kind of looks like a funky looking frogspawn

Yeah those are all frogspawns, just not as big and fluffy as they used to be (though bigger and fluffier now than in that pic). There is a new one behind those two that you can't really see also.

More pics soon I promise...

Archived