inTank Media Baskets

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

Thanks guys. I feel like my corals are still the size of frags though, I dont want an overgrown tank but so many other users have multiple mature colonies in their displays.

• Like 2
Arkayology

Thanks guys. I feel like my corals are still the size of frags though, I dont want an overgrown tank but so many other users have multiple mature colonies in their displays.

Some of mine were not that big and Chris gave it to me anyways. Give the people what they want! :D

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

Reflection2_zpscaded92f.jpg

Scorched, you have the next TOTM imo but id like to mention this tank(Urbaneks), so sorry, but this tank is the sh!t. Yours is also, its just so awesome.

• Like 7

Not true. Your tank is absolutely amazing.

• Like 5
Cameron6796
Reflection2_zpscaded92f.jpg

Scorched, you have the next TOTM imo but id like to mention this tank(Urbaneks), so sorry, but this tank is the sh!t. Yours is also, its just so awesome.

Sadly it isn't nano so I believe it's excluded also he is tearing it down and going..,BIGGER WOOT WOOT

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Sadly it isn't nano so I believe it's excluded also he is tearing it down and going..,BIGGER WOOT WOOT

Ok so, if you were a source of inspiration and provided plenty of advice and assistance in peoples builds that still excludes you? Look at zias and medreds, those arent nanos, they arent "Technically Classified" as nanos.

• Like 1
Cameron6796

Ikr it sucks I've followed his tank for a year, and he said that that's why he never wins it because he isn't nano sized. He is nominated all the time but never gets picked. Idk how the decisions are made i assume this threads popularity and a little bit of whoever is in charge.

Isn't zias 30 gallons though

• Like 1

Ok so, if you were a source of inspiration and provided plenty of advice and assistance in peoples builds that still excludes you? Look at zias and medreds, those arent nanos, they arent "Technically Classified" as nanos.

You have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise why not include every 100+ gallon tank that looks great? Urbaneks already won with his nano, then moved bigger. 60 is the largest tank ever to win here, and I am assuming anything under 75 can be loosely considered as nano, since 75 used to be the bare minimum tank size considered viable for a reef. In my own opinion, of course. :)

• Like 4

Isn't zias 30 gallons though

Yeah it is, and by that mentality my tank shouldn't be nominated and Gena's 45G from April shouldn't have won either. 30-40G is probably the largest I would classify as 'nano'. I have read that nano is technically 150L or less, about 40-45G. Just my 2 cents, I'm not here to start a debate. Urbaneks is probably my favorite tank on this site, pretty much what I would like to achieve some day, but with a little less rock.

BTW not having a go at you Cameron, using your comment to make a point.

Cameron6796

Yeah ik I wasn't either i. Just saying that he himself said he probably doesn't win because of his size tank size but when you think about it that makes no sense, he has won before though

• Like 1

I don't follow many tank now a days but this tank is omgomgomg so I follow like a hungry hawk.

...I catch up on her pix in R2R. :ninja:

I follow most threads with no instant notification and instead land on this page:

http://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

Which is a sorted list of all threads I follow ordered by last update. I only get red notifications on a few threads I really want to be notified of.

Visited her thread in that other forum. Wow. She owes us an update here! :)

• Like 1

I'd just like to nominate myself here, tanks looking good.

Green-Hair-Algae-Infestation-e1315068333

Not my pic, but you get the idea! :haha: .

Scorched has a sweet setup, clean, Jase has an inspiring scape too!

• Like 13

Not longer than mine, :D

I dunno man, here's a longer strand, some guy with a DSLR took the pic and zoomed it out a few thousand times.

algae-shutterstock-537x357.jpg

The larger bubbles are around 6-10in in diameter lol

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations