inTank Media Baskets

2.7 Gallon AIO Pico Reef Setup

plantarms

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NICE PICO!

i have those same pink zoas...

if you put them on the tip of the leftmost rock, they'll love ya for it.

they seem to like the middle-high placement, ime.

just tryna help.

:D

NICE PICO!

i have those same pink zoas...

if you put them on the tip of the leftmost rock, they'll love ya for it.

they seem to like the middle-high placement, ime.

just tryna help.

:D

thanks i'll try that!

love the new light. tank is lookin great! who's the hottie? :P

thanks, i really like the new light! that's my beautiful girlfriend

nice tank. im folwing.love thoes eagle eyes! i live in melbourne florida

thanks! once they grow out i'd be willing to sell some frags!

will be getting some frags of fire and ice zoas, bam bams, and dragon eye zoas on wednesday and will post some pictures!

Awesome little tank, odd to see a light mounted sideways :D

haha yeah it was put that way just so it fits the tank better and gives the chaeto some light, but i actually have switched it back to normal and i am going to get a light for the built in fuge

acclimated the new zoas about an hour ago, here are some pics as of right now

temporary placement

DSCN3090.jpg

the orange bam bams have opened up a little

DSCN3093.jpg

had to transport my tank back home today due to a school break, here is my best setup

lined a rubbermaid container with styrofoam and put a plastic bag of ice in the box to keep the temperature cool due to the lack of a/c in the car. also dropped the water level down to about 3/4 and moved the corals to the sandbed

DSCN3113.jpg

the temperature started at 76.7 and dipped to 76.0 at one point and spiked up to 78.0 once. i'd say the setup worked pretty well! just finished setting up the tank transported tank and things are starting to open again

You've got a real nice pico set up going on here! I'm def following this one. And I'll be all over buying some of the eagle eye frags from ya once they grow! :)

Are the Bam-Bam's doing okay now?

I just ask cause it looked like some of the polyps might be sick in the pic, but I wasn't sure if it was just me.

You've got a real nice pico set up going on here! I'm def following this one. And I'll be all over buying some of the eagle eye frags from ya once they grow! :)

thanks! i will definitely keep you posted!

very nice travel case, hey.. how many pounds of LR do you have in your tank?

thanks, it's the best i could come up with! i think i have just over 3lbs of live rock

Are the Bam-Bam's doing okay now?

I just ask cause it looked like some of the polyps might be sick in the pic, but I wasn't sure if it was just me.

yeah most of them have opened up, i'll throw a newer picture up here a little later today. a couple of frags that i got have not opened yet (it's been about 4 days) although i have had to move the tank which probably caused them some stress. should i wait it out or should i start looking to take them out of the tank to prevent decaying zoas hurting the other corals?

here are the updated picture on the new zoa frags!

orange bam bams

DSCN3135.jpg

nuclear green

DSCN3129.jpg

fire and ice

DSCN3119.jpg

greens? these have still not opened yet, and it has been 6 days, any advice?

DSCN3124.jpg

DSCN3123.jpg

those got the POX.... get em outta yer tank.

i just took them out, is there anything i need to do to make sure it doesn't spread to my other zoas?

just checked out the tank at night with a flashlight and found that i have a small brittle star (about the size of a dime) and a brittle worm that i was able to remove! those guys have been in there for about 5 weeks without being seen

micro brittle stars are a healthy part of your tank. I'm sure you have more than one actually. They stay tiny and are more cryptic that rarely venture out into the open. Bristle worms are good so long as they're small, relative to the tank. They work wonders for cleaning up extra food or dead tank inhabitants.

Archived