Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2.7 Gallon AIO Pico Reef Setup

plantarms

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i stood them more upright, and covered the holes of the vermitid snails on it with super glue. i also did a dip with it

what did you dip your trumpet with? how? mine doesn't seem so good right now. and did you find a solution to big pods eating coral?

haha yeah i'm keeping an eye on it, i've got it on one rock right now and once it completely covers that i'm going to move it to the sandbed to keep it on it's island

what did you dip your trumpet with? how? mine doesn't seem so good right now. and did you find a solution to big pods eating coral?

i dipped my trumpet with a cup of tank water mixed with 3 drops of lugol's iodine solution and let it sit for about 4 minutes. my solution to the pods was to get a yellow tailed damsel, i'm not sure if he is eating them, but i do think he is keeping them off the corals by just being present

i have been feeding the trumpet coral marine snow for a while now because i have not run out to the lfs to get some mysis shrimp, however I fed it some shrimp pellets yesterday and it seemed to open more and color up a little better. Does anyone have any input on feeding for trumpet coral and orange monti cap?

found this guy in the tank, about 4+ inches. i think he's going to be staying out, its getting too big and i want to rearrange the rock work soon, so my hands will have to go in

DSCN3677.jpg

damsel likes to jump in pictures

DSCN3669.jpg

my mini jet pump has started to decrease the power of the flow and i have taken it apart and cleaned it and everything, do powerheads just eventually go bad? I am going to have to get a replacement pump soon because there is almost no flow in the tank right now

my mini jet pump has started to decrease the power of the flow and i have taken it apart and cleaned it and everything, do powerheads just eventually go bad? I am going to have to get a replacement pump soon because there is almost no flow in the tank right now

i figured out i kept getting pieces of chaeto stuck in it when i would put it back in the tank after cleaning it out, i've got it up and kicking again, and i removed the flow restrictor so i can get even more out of it

What type of ATO are you using and where you got it from? i am still trying to gather all the materials but was thinking that i need to add an ATO that small too in my tank. Nice build on the refugium lighting. I am also following your LED build so any help is welcome.

What type of ATO are you using and where you got it from? i am still trying to gather all the materials but was thinking that i need to add an ATO that small too in my tank. Nice build on the refugium lighting. I am also following your LED build so any help is welcome.

my ATO is a project that i built myself, i got the float switch here, and then i used an old epoxy tube to house it in. It is being held to the tank with two strong suction cups, and i am using the aqualifter pump that pulls RO water from the gatorade bottle on the floor and pumps it into the tank very slowly. i definitely recommend this float switch and the aqualifter pump, the whole build was about $20, and it works better than a JBJ ATO that i used to have. Thanks, i actually have changed my fuge light around a bit, i should probably post some pics, let me know if you need any help

i noticed that my clove polyps have started looking a little funny and they have what looks like a brown fungus on them. i did an iodine dip and then a freshwater dip and put them back in the tank, does anyone know what this is?

DSCN3713.jpg

just got a couple dosing supplies, i've been experiencing low calcium levels consistently, around 360-380 on average and i would like to bump it up some. I got Brightwell Aquatics Calcion and LiquidReef, and Seachem Reef Plus. I'm going to mix about .5ml of reef plus into feeding mixture every week, and then do a week-long test with calcium levels and dosing

Hi!

I like your pico a lot!

I'm intending to setup something like that... do you buy your tank or build it?

Does it have any skimmer?

Thanks

hey thanks, i actually bought it from someone on this site who built it. no i don't use a skimmer on it, i have a pre-filter sponge in the back fuge area then chaeto, and chemi-pure elite for filtration. i do water changes about once a week. most people dont usually use skimmers with pico tanks because they remove the trace elements from the water and it makes the balance between skimming and dosing very hard to keep stable

Archived