ReefCleaners.org

Sushi's ELOS

Sushi

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some new pics that I took of two of my gobies :)

This is my Gold Neon Eviota Goby (I have 3)

May2010-EviotaGoby.jpg

A close-up shot...

May2010-EviotaGobyCloseup.jpg

Green Banded Goby (I have 2)

May2010-GreenBandedGoby.jpg

Green Banded Goby close-up shot...

May2010-GreenBandedGobyCloseup.jpg

I'll have more pics of some zoas and corals later this week!

Thanks, the gold neon eviotas are my favorite goby. I wish I got more when I initially bought the three that I have, because they truly are beautiful and very active. They get rather mean though once established so I'm afraid to disrupt whatever territories they have already claimed so I won't be able to add more of them. In any case, they're awesome fish for nanos :)

Awesome shots! I haven't really seen anyone take shots like that with leds. Usually the blues make the pic all weird. Good job!

These are those "nodules" I mentioned in a previous post... my birdsnest never showed these before but suddently after moving the mini-colony higher up with more light and more flow, these new growths appeared. I'm excited to see how they'll look when they start growing in :)

May2010-BirdsnestNodules.jpg

Some mixed zoas

May2010-ColorfulZoas.jpg

Whiskers on my Duncans

May2010-DuncanWhiskers.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Here are some more pics (top down), was gona post them yesterday but forgot!

ORA Green Birdsnest... still my favorite SPS

May2010-ORAGreenBirdsnest.jpg

Some neat looking zoas mixed with some Purple Deaths

May2010-OrangeCenterZoas.jpg

King Midas zoas touching my ORA Green BN. The Midas seem to have overstepped their boundaries and are regretting it :)

May2010-Touching.jpg

Very nice... I am looking into getting a Elos mini thats for sale locally and I will be looking to match your set up!

I will be getting back into SW after being out for the last 4 yrs. LED's were just a thought back when I was still in it. Now I see they def made the jump and really make for great size and style.

Very nice... I am looking into getting a Elos mini thats for sale locally and I will be looking to match your set up!

I will be getting back into SW after being out for the last 4 yrs. LED's were just a thought back when I was still in it. Now I see they def made the jump and really make for great size and style.

You won't be disappointed, the ELOS Mini is a great choice, and if you're picking one up second hand you should be able to save a good chunk of cash. LEDs are the way to go these days, you won't be disappointed :)

this tank is win

lol, thanks B B)

Love the tank :)

What would you say regarding color and growth of SPS under LEDs?

Thanks :) I think SPS growth under LEDs has been good if not great. My monti cap has grown considerably, and my ORA green birdsnest is starting to show promising branches from its main stem. The other birdsnest (tubbs lookalike) is showing really weird looking spikes which I assume will grow into branches shortly. As of now, I don't see much drawback using LEDs... this tank has never been under PC/T5HO/MH, and has been purely lit via LEDs from the inception. Zoas are fluorishing and SPS frags are growing... couldn't be happier at their growth.

• 2 weeks later...

Does your zoas seem to shrink under LEDs. We both have the same LED lighting but i notice most of my zoas started to shrink and faded their colors about 2months ago but everything else is growing like crazy! What can i do to make it better?

Nice Tank by the way, i love your rock work!

Does your zoas seem to shrink under LEDs. We both have the same LED lighting but i notice most of my zoas started to shrink and faded their colors about 2months ago but everything else is growing like crazy! What can i do to make it better?

Nice Tank by the way, i love your rock work!

Initially, I did notice my zoas shrink a little... but it was temporary. I think the most affected that I noticed were my nuclear green palys and my Tubbs blue zoas. The Nuc's shrunk a bit and bleached slightly; they are a pale yellowish green and have been this way ever since the switch. The Tubbs blue are a smidge tinier and sometimes get moody and don't open up 100%, but they're still alive and luckily retained their blue pretty nicely.

In general, most of my zoas don't did not result in any faded colors after the switch. I was using the ELOS LED e-Lite prior to the Maxspect so the change from LED fixture to another LED fixture wasn't too drastic, just a larger spread. The blue/violet LEDs bring out very intense coloration of oranges/greens/yellows on most my zoas. The only colors that don't make it out well on my zoas are the purples and blues. Besides that, the tank glows like mad when it's actinics only.

Ahhh! So I don't feel bad or done anything wrong either because my nucs and tubbs do the same as your but I guess it's because of the 30w plus I set it on for 5 hours. I will try to set it on for 2 hours to see if it's any better. The growth on all my zoas and sps is mad grow crazy under maxspect lighting though but overall it's just funny how all my zoas shrink and faded alittle bit.

How's your tanks doing and your fish!

Ahhh! So I don't feel bad or done anything wrong either because my nucs and tubbs do the same as your but I guess it's because of the 30w plus I set it on for 5 hours. I will try to set it on for 2 hours to see if it's any better. The growth on all my zoas and sps is mad grow crazy under maxspect lighting though but overall it's just funny how all my zoas shrink and faded alittle bit.

How's your tanks doing and your fish!

That's interesting to hear that your Tubbs and Nucs did the same as mine. For reference, I'm running my light cycle as follows:

(Actinics) Blue/Violet -- ON for 6 hours

(Mixed) White with some B/V -- ON for 4 hours

(Whites) 30w Whites -- ON for 1 hour

This has helped me combat algae problems (or so I'd like to think), and my corals are happy while maintaining great coloration. Finally I think I hit the sweet spot, but I think I might up the periods up by 1-2 hours gradually in the future. My fish are doing great, and my peppermint is still carrying eggs. Haven't seen them hatch yet though! I am still doing weekly water changes at 1 to 2 gallons.

And thanks Sal & Fly, much appreciated :)

I'll get a FTS this week or the next, nothing much new since the last one but still nice to see one.

This is one of my oldest acans, I think this one dates back to 2005.

Look how ugly it is:

June2010-AcanMouth.jpg

Another picture of another acan that I have (teal/red). The texture of the flesh is crazy, almost looks abrasive.

June2010-AcanTexture.jpg

Archived