inTank Media Baskets

schg's ADA 30c reef

schgr.cube

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the tank won't be here until Monday the 19th now. Aqua Forest said they were waiting back to hear from ADA themselves before shipping the tank as to the lead free glass being tempered or not. They shipped it out, so I assume that means they heard good news in my favor.

In other news, I ordered 60 degree optics from nano tuners to see how they look on the lamp. I have been debating putting it over my 28 gallon and centralizing my coral so I can sell my halide and start making the large unit. I will also see how they look over the 4 gallon.

man that tank is bigger than you'd think. when you see it empty, you wont even want to put anything in it

I know! I keep thinking it's the same size as the home made one, and it's going to be a surprise when I get it. And I've had the feeling it will be too beautiful to touch :huh: Good thing I probably won't any money to fill it yet, so it will be on display empty for a while! Horay! :o

Wow that is an awesome led set up! I am very jealous.

ehe thanks!

also, whats the outer dim of your led fixture again? Im a bit curious

I'll post up exact dimensions of everything so far:

ADA Tank - 11.81" x 11.81" x 11.81" (30cm x 30cm x 30cm)

LED Lamp - 6.6" x 6.5" x 3.5" (17cm x 16.5cm x 9cm)

Haha you HAD to do it. Just to make sure ADA's doesn't leak lol

Now that it has water in it. What do you think of the light? Do you like it?

Haha you HAD to do it. Just to make sure ADA's doesn't leak lol

The guy from Aqua Forest told me to, since I'll be drilling it he wants me to make sure everything is okay BEFORE I mess with it, that way I don't get screwed if something is wrong that I had nothing to do with after my warranty is voided. Hope that makes sense...

Edit: I LOVE THE LIGHT. I added 60 degree optics today too, so that has a little bit to do with it, but with water you can really tell how great the colors look. I was a little weary when it was empty because it didn't quite look like the other LED setups I had seen, but not it looks great!

Thank GOD! haha That looks great! So the return runs inside the drain? Thats nice. Whats the size of the big PVC?

Yeah the original setup is 1/2" return inside of 1" PVC leading to the bulkhead, with 1 1/4" PVC for the overflow. I don't think I'm going this route though as it is proving to be too much of a pain. I think I'm drilling a second hole for a 3/4" return (unless anyone wants to trade their 1/2" bulkhead and bit for my 3/4" one :D )

Hmm but whats the problem? Its all done though... The only concern I may have is some leaking going on where the 1/2" pvc sticks out of the curve. Nothing silicone can't solve. Also depending on the gph from the return pump you may restrict some flow going down cause the 1/2" pvc is actually 3/4" outside diameter no? So that leaves you around 1/4" for drain.

Archived