Innovative Marine Aquariums

DIY 6 GALLON AIO SPS/LPS PICO! RICH FOLKS NEED NOT APPLY!

scooternerd

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the new look... my Coral Banded in my 28 prefers egg whites or wood glue over mousse... He's a bit hardcore, and if he keeps f'n with my scooter blenny, I'll see how well he does in my mantis tank :)

Like the new look... my Coral Banded in my 28 prefers egg whites or wood glue over mousse... He's a bit hardcore, and if he keeps f'n with my scooter blenny, I'll see how well he does in my mantis tank :)

i like mine also . she has a major tude though -_-

Your CB shrimp looks beast...throw a damsel in just to see what happens! Tanks is looking great, man.

thanks, i am not wasting a good damsel . she would probably eat it!

I was going to ask about that shrimp when I saw it in there. I know they're very aggressive.

I was going to ask about that shrimp when I saw it in there. I know they're very aggressive.

i knew going in they were . she is the only thing in there. i may take her out once the corals fill in a bit.

That's the point, I've got 3 yellowtail damsels I could donate. ;)

That's the point, I've got 3 yellowtail damsels I could donate. ;)

hahahaha

yeah if she doesnt stop efen knocking my frags off im ganna flush her arse :P

hahahaha

yeah if she doesnt stop efen knocking my frags off im ganna flush her arse :P

IDK, she looks like she may be beastly enough to jump out of the toilet and jump on your face like a baby Alien. :scarry:

OK ANYBODY WANT A SHRIMP KABOB?

i came home today and the lil ##### had my EE's drug to the back of the tank under the big rock. agggggggggg

i cant put her in my 40 as there is another shrimp already in it . crap!

a few random shops from today.

FTS

100_2366.jpg

florida rics

100_2364.jpg

striped shrooms that i efen love!

100_2363.jpg

side shot

100_2362.jpg

CBS being a camera whore

100_2361.jpg

birdnest, if you look close you can see the damge done by to much direct flow. 3rd from the left

thats why i rescaped a lil. you can also see my green slimer frag on the left :) thanks Ace!

100_2359.jpg

green shrooms with pink spots

100_2355.jpg

great pico! how is the deep sandbed and the mangroves working for you for filtration? Are you having to stir up the bed often?

I like just about everything on this tank, but you're keeping SPS under 18 watts of PC? That doesn't seem like it's going to work very well. That's the same light I use on my fuge.... I know it's pretty close to the coral, but yeesh.

Thanks all. The DSB and mangroves work great for filtration. I stir the bed every other day. Sometimes daily. I have the same filtration for my 40. Now for the "that's not going to work guy" I have kept sps under pc lighting in a 55 tall 14" below the surface. The sps is less then 4" from the light. It will be just fine. But thanks for your concern .

I am really enjoying your tank. You have to ditch that shrimp though! What are you thinking about replacing it with?

I am still debating what to do

I want somthing small but lively and colorful of course.

Trouble is I only have 40 left in my budget

I

Archived