Cultivated Reef

DIY 6 GALLON AIO SPS/LPS PICO! RICH FOLKS NEED NOT APPLY!

scooternerd

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOOh! berry berry nice :D

don't forget when ya gotz time to price that schtuff we talked about.... :ninja:

and a bubble trap too for my 125...I am starting to really hate filter socks <_<

i havent forgotten you, just been uber busy lately. i have 5 builds going right now. not including this!

i havent forgotten you, just been uber busy lately. i have 5 builds going right now. not including this!

Your not trading special treatment in the contest for your work are you? :haha: :haha: :haha::P

do you mind telling (better yet, show us)us how you bend the Plexi. I'm gonna build one as soon as i get some money. he he he

thanks

i got the light in today and picked up the pumps. as we all know no one builds legs for the coralife mini. so i threw a lid together.

100_2213.jpg

you can see my ATO bottle in this pic.

100_2217.jpg

pics of the pumps. the middle will be a refugium

100_2209.jpg

Your not trading special treatment in the contest for your work are you? :haha: :haha: :haha::P

as if -_-:happy::P

do you mind telling (better yet, show us)us how you bend the Plexi. I'm gonna build one as soon as i get some money. he he he

thanks

i bend all my stuff with my diy plastics bender. i may do a build thread on it in the future

i bend all my stuff with my diy plastics bender. i may do a build thread on it in the future

That would be awesome. i love to see how the masters do it. :)

Dumb question but how's water getting into the back area, is the black wall just lower all the way across and it's waterfalling back there?

looks like he is using a pump to draw the water in the back area because his tank has 2 holes drilled and 2 pumps. I thought the tank was supposed to be the same exact design if you were to DIY?. Either way looks good...

Dumb question but how's water getting into the back area, is the black wall just lower all the way across and it's waterfalling back there?

yes it is just lower and it flows over the top.

looks like he is using a pump to draw the water in the back area because his tank has 2 holes drilled and 2 pumps. I thought the tank was supposed to be the same exact design if you were to DIY?. Either way looks good...

it is the same dementions as erics. i just dont see spending money on a bulkhead for such a small return.

both of the pumps are for returns. the false wall is the overflow.

Is your tank finished? How long did it take you to make? Looks great. I love the toothless design. Brilliant!

the tank itself is done yes. i am still working on the chiller and wave maker. it took about 8 hrs total .over two days. i like the toothless also. ;)

I ended up scrapping my wave-maker idea for a tank this size. The toothless overflow is very nice indeed. Have you used it before successfully?

I ended up scrapping my wave-maker idea for a tank this size. The toothless overflow is very nice indeed. Have you used it before successfully?

yes my custom made sump/fuge under my 40 is all toothless

I like your idea with the acrylic lid. I'm also planning on cutting a piece of the UV resistant acrylic to fit flush on the top to keep evap & temp swings down. We can do that right?

I like your idea with the acrylic lid. I'm also planning on cutting a piece of the UV resistant acrylic to fit flush on the top to keep evap & temp swings down. We can do that right?

i dont see why not. others are drilling there tank. i dont think a lid is a big deal.

This is relevant to my interests.

i dont see why not. others are drilling there tank. i dont think a lid is a big deal.

Last month Eric offered to make me a top for the tank. After more thought I decided I can make my own.

I don't see why you couldn't cover the top. Its just another piece of hardware. Also it doesn't add any additional water volume.

Nice build. Just going to follow along if you don't mind.

not at all :)

This is relevant to my interests.

as i said i may do a thread on it.

Last month Eric offered to make me a top for the tank. After more thought I decided I can make my own.

I don't see why you couldn't cover the top. Its just another piece of hardware. Also it doesn't add any additional water volume.

agreed completely! its just a piece of plastic.

Any specific Acrylic you would recommend for the top? Not to block UV rays etc? Thanks. Your tank looks great, Scooter.

i just used a standard piece of 1/4" cell cast. extruded would probably bend from the heat.

I'm using t5's so I'm not worried about the heat, but I found some UV resistant acrylic at Home Depot that I've never seen before that I'll be using for it.

Archived