Pod Your Reef

DIY 6 GALLON AIO SPS/LPS PICO! RICH FOLKS NEED NOT APPLY!

scooternerd

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CallMeDrLove

Ah yes I figured that was it. I'm having a hard time keeping mine cool as well. Though not quite that hot. Mine goes from 80-82 during the day.

Ah yes I figured that was it. I'm having a hard time keeping mine cool as well. Though not quite that hot. Mine goes from 80-82 during the day.

my 40 stays at 80 never had any problems dont know about 82 though. from what i have read most waters where corals live is in the mid 80's

CallMeDrLove

I used to think that, too. But I saw a satellite map of water temperatures and quite a few reef zones were in 86+ degree waters. Really that's not too high for a tank, it's just the temperature swings that hurt. Hotter water to a point isn't going to kill much, but it will speed up its biological processes. Making stuff grow faster, but also die faster.

I used to think that, too. But I saw a satellite map of water temperatures and quite a few reef zones were in 86+ degree waters. Really that's not too high for a tank, it's just the temperature swings that hurt. Hotter water to a point isn't going to kill much, but it will speed up its biological processes. Making stuff grow faster, but also die faster.

i could see that. but why could u just turn the heater up to 86 then no dip in temp? :huh:

CallMeDrLove

You probably could do that. I haven't done it, because I don't need to though so I couldn't say for sure. But if your water stayed 86 degrees it would probably be ok. Just as long as it didn't go from 78 to 86 in a day to day swing. Might be worth doing a little research on before trying it though :)

well i wasn't ganna go crank the heater up :P it is a thought though i may research that a little further. it would probably make algae problems even worse

Looking good mate! I'm sure that frogspawn will look killer when it's all opened up.

thanks

its a hammer but same thing basically. it is an awesome little frag when opened

Very nice, are you using shoe laces to hang your light? I'm having the opposite problem of people, my tanks barely staying at 76 & I have the heater cranked to 80, may have a defective heater or my basement maybe getting to cold already.

Also a few of your picts in between the 1st full tank shot & the yellow acro type shot didn't load just now for me.

shoelaces!

it is not shoelaces!!!!!!!!!!!

its A shoelace :P . i am going to replace it with chain. thats just what i had.

Talk about a "shoestring budget"....

once again a NR moderater "joining in on the fun"

for all you shoestring haters out there!

100_2314.jpg

100_2326.jpg

100_2322.jpg

100_2324.jpg

i just put the zoa's in there. the ones in the middle with orange center. would you consider them the 0.30

or 1.00 per polyp???

100_2320.jpg

Archived