inTank Media Baskets

DIY 6 GALLON AIO SPS/LPS PICO! RICH FOLKS NEED NOT APPLY!

scooternerd

99 bux yeah ok...not. This whole build is on a super low budget. I don't even have 99 in the whole setup. I am sure as hell not going to spend 99 on a wave maker. If the pumps burn out. Oh well I get them at wholesale ;)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in due time my friend. i am running it now with fresh water. i want to make sure it is safe before somone copies it and burns there house down!

Haha I understand. I wanted to keep my rock wall under wraps until the contest started so nobody else did one. And then I cracked. :wacko:

Haha I understand. I wanted to keep my rock wall under wraps until the contest started so nobody else did one. And then I cracked. :wacko:

i posted a link on how i did it in the contest thread :)

Cool, hope it all works out. How are you able to get wholesale? Do you work for lfs?

nope. i buy in wholesale. that's how i get them at wholesale :) they are the same pumps i sell with my pico/nano fuge :)

Looks pretty cool, i think your gonna be replacing those pumps pretty soon though. I don't think its recommended to switch them on and off continuously, unless you implement some kind of soft start. Get yourself a reef keeper lite for $99 it has that function plus a bunch of others.

Other than that nice job on modding it, its super quiet and does a kickass job. :P

it doesnt really have a "hard start" it slow down to 1/4 throttle then back up to full then back down then up etc...

side note i am building my stand today :ninja:

ok so no stand yet. i spent 4 efen hrs at the doctor. and i had other stuff to build. i did add some sand that i have had cycling in tub for a few months now. i am using the rest of the sand for another tank. i had it going before the contest was even thought of :) still cloudy but its in there! just sand and saltwater for now. i may just mod that AP24 stand i have.

100_2285.jpg

Tank looks good. I thought my garage was a mess.LOL

i know right!

sad thing is my house is spotless. the garage is about 60 ft away so the wife never goes in there. THANK GOD!

she would probably pitch a fit lmao. i do clean it every week.i just build allot of crap.

ok is efen impossable to keep the dust down!!!! i came home today tank was simi clear. sand wasnt how i liked it. barely touched it and bam sand storm again. crap.

How well did you rinse that sand before adding it?

rinsed it very well. its been in a tub for a few months cycling. it is actually very clear today. i will update the pic later.

another clip with a few brown cloves. you can really see the water movement in this one. i am torn on stocking.

should i go lps,sps or just sps. or just lps or all softies or a mixed reef with a little of everything? replaced the old clip. no dishwasher this time :P

th_100_2298.jpg

I love the flow as well... Quick question... it that knocking sound every couple seconds from the timer for the pumps? Awesome work man!

that loud arse noise was my dishwasher. i ditched the timer. i am using a Xmas light flasher now. works efen great! i got 2 of them off ebay for like 4 bux shipped!i replaced the clip above. still here the TV and my loud arse kids :P

added some stuff! as you can see i ditched the lid and changed ATO bottles also hung the light :)

scape may not be permanent some corals are still closed . i just put them in.

100_2310.jpg

100_2309.jpg

100_2304.jpg

100_2303.jpg

100_2302.jpg

Archived