inTank Media Baskets

20L. AIO. foam wall.

glennr1978

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is the flow of the Mj900 in this bad boy alone? do you think the 1200 would be a better choice or too much? love the tank and really want to build one of my own now

• 3 weeks later...

Got a video app for the iphone.

not bad for a 99 cent app.

How is the flow of the Mj900 in this bad boy alone? do you think the 1200 would be a better choice or too much? love the tank and really want to build one of my own now

The flow from the 900 alone wasn't enough. It didn't move hardly any water on the right side of the tank. I tried a 1200, but it moved more water than my overflow could handle (it also was too strong for the left side of the tank, it blew sand everywhere). The 900, mp10 combo works great.

Things aren't look'n too bad there buddy!

Thanks. The tank has definitely taken a turn for the better over the last few days. However, my plate coral is a goner :( .

I got a new "frag" yesterday. 4" mini colony of ORA b.o.p.

DSC05587.jpg

Thanks. The tank has definitely taken a turn for the better over the last few days. However, my plate coral is a goner :( .

I got a new "frag" yesterday. 4" mini colony of ORA b.o.p.

DSC05587.jpg

Perdy!

This thread is boring......

This tank is boring....

I hate T5's, hate them. I tried getting a few decent pics just now, but compared to the pics with the halides they are pathetic. T5's may be good fro some but I think they suck.

It is simply amazing how much the foam colored up for you. Just read through the thread, Did you put any clear epoxy coating over the foam? Seem like most DIY thread with the foam, people use the epoxy to ensure no UV degradation down the road.

It is simply amazing how much the foam colored up for you. Just read through the thread, Did you put any clear epoxy coating over the foam? Seem like most DIY thread with the foam, people use the epoxy to ensure no UV degradation down the road.

No, no epoxy. I'm probably not going to keep this tank running for as long as I had initially planned (probably upgrading soon :) ), so I'm not to worried about it. Fwiw, I haven't had any issues with the foam at all.

tank looks awesome...when i started reading the thread, I was unsure about that wall, but like people are saying, its matured fast and looks really awesome. quick question...you mentioned a "ric pack"...did you buy the rics online somewhere in like a group? just curious cause i love the ric garden look. Seems like a lot of light for a little tank but its working awesome!

tank looks awesome...when i started reading the thread, I was unsure about that wall, but like people are saying, its matured fast and looks really awesome. quick question...you mentioned a "ric pack"...did you buy the rics online somewhere in like a group? just curious cause i love the ric garden look. Seems like a lot of light for a little tank but its working awesome!

I bought the rics from coralmorpholgic, I highly recommend them.

I guess it was a lot of light but my wife hated having the fixture hanging from the ceiling. Now I'm using a 30" sundial T5 fixture. I really didn't think it was going to get the job done but everything seems to be responding well to the lighting change.

Pimp tank Glennr... I can tell you've really taken your time and done a fantastic job with this. Looking at these nice walls makes me want to try one!

The point being I'm really indecisive about whether or not I will try it.

Wow great pic!

I think the Sundial is great! I have one on my 29g and everything is happy.

Have you upgraded the bulbs?

I've been trying a few different bulb combos lately. As of today I'm using 2x's ATI blue+, 1 geisemann actinic, and 1 UVL aquasun. I was using 2x's blue+, and 2x's aquablue special but that combo was actually starting to bleach some of my corals.

Dibs on the Kryptonite ....Dude.

I got ya covered. Told ya they were starting to look good ;) .

Archived