Innovative Marine Aquariums

20L. AIO. foam wall.

glennr1978

Yep...working in 5 minutes. I have a maxi or mini 404 i was using for ATO. But will take the lifter if you don't need it. Bring it by if ya want...give ya some $ and a beer or two.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep...working in 5 minutes. I have a maxi or mini 404 i was using for ATO. But will take the lifter if you don't need it. Bring it by if ya want...give ya some $ and a beer or two.

I'll see if Momma will allow me to leave the house tonight, lol. If not, we can meet up tomorrow?

I am going to be using a skimmer afterall. I bought a 9002 today. Should have the canopy finished and lights over this thing by this time next week.

I love it when rock walls aren't at 90 degree angles. Makes much more sense this way. What bulb combo did you decide to go with?

AWESOME Glenn, just amazing. The GS foam stuff has been used in vivariums for awhile, I've used it myself applying coco fiber, fir bark, etc. in the same way you did rock and sand, such a versatile product. Good call on the illusion of depth, it really worked well. I'll be following your thread, very exciting to see this project mature!

-james

I love it when rock walls aren't at 90 degree angles. Makes much more sense this way. What bulb combo did you decide to go with?

I agree. I tried to make it look as "natural" as I could with foam that sprays out of a can. To answer your question, I haven't decided on a bulb combo yet.

AWESOME Glenn, just amazing. The GS foam stuff has been used in vivariums for awhile, I've used it myself applying coco fiber, fir bark, etc. in the same way you did rock and sand, such a versatile product. Good call on the illusion of depth, it really worked well. I'll be following your thread, very exciting to see this project mature!

-james

Thanks man! I'm happy with the way the tank is looking so far. Hopefully it will all work out the way I see it in my head once it's fully stocked.

I made a little progress today. My skimmer came in the mail, and I built a little media rack. I probably could have done a better job on the rack, but it will work just fine.

I took these pics with my iphone..... I think they may be better than what I get with my camera.

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

mediarack.jpg

Impressive "reef channel" you made here. Are you going to prevent coralline from growing on the back glass?

Yeah I will probably take a razor to it every couple of weeks.

SLR's are here. I really need to get to work on the canopy now. The only thing left is an ATO. I think I'm just going to use the one on my 40g once I tear it down.

this is pretty interesting and something I have wanted to try for a while but just never got around to it. good stuff and I will be tagging along. your 40 was impressive as I am sure this tank will be as well. I just got a tunze 9002 and am trying to figure out the best setting. any pointers on getting it set just right?

this is pretty interesting and something I have wanted to try for a while but just never got around to it. good stuff and I will be tagging along. your 40 was impressive as I am sure this tank will be as well. I just got a tunze 9002 and am trying to figure out the best setting. any pointers on getting it set just right?

This is the second time I've used a 9002 in one of my tanks. I prefer to keep the water level about 1/4" below the little wavey line on the skimmer. IME the skimmer is most efficient this way.

lookin sweet! gonna look great as the wall ages.

Thanks!

Sucks ball sack.

That's exactly what I was going for. My work here is done!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The tank has about half of a canopy now.....

The top piece will lift up from front to back exposing the entire tank from above, and will sit flush with the sides (no seams visble from the front or sides). It should work out pretty well.

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

Very nice setup.I like the broken up idea for the rock wall give it a nice realistic look like its between two coral patches. I also like the AIO unit you have going on

Archived