SaltCritters.com

20L. AIO. foam wall.

glennr1978

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, i'm still learning...but it seems like everyone acts like you have to have MH lighting to do SPS...but you are doing it with T5s and having no problems? just still trying to learn. =)

so, i'm still learning...but it seems like everyone acts like you have to have MH lighting to do SPS...but you are doing it with T5s and having no problems? just still trying to learn. =)

all T5's

thanks for the link! thats a nice tank! I have a 55g that I'm setting up and It seems like most of the halide/t5 combos are too wide for it so I've been trying to decide if i wanna go MH or T5. Glad to know that both could work for me. unfortunately, my power compacts are gonna have to hold me over for a little while. oh wells.

<<he he - he said wicked>>

Boring? Really? If you want that shimmer from the MH, go for a strip of Blue LED to supplement the T5's...

I like the tank - looks like a piece of a coral wall that's been there for a while!

You should add your (wicked cool) tank to the list of 20L's. Last link in my sig.

Done.

<<he he - he said wicked>>

Boring? Really? If you want that shimmer from the MH, go for a strip of Blue LED to supplement the T5's...

I like the tank - looks like a piece of a coral wall that's been there for a while!

Meh, the T5's aren't bothering me as much now. Overall, the tank is happy so I'm happy.

Done.

Meh, the T5's aren't bothering me as much now. Overall, the tank is happy so I'm happy.

Were the MH's to much light or why did you switch to all t5's??? I have a 250W MH on my 20L and I am starting to think it might be too much light.

Were the MH's to much light or why did you switch to all t5's??? I have a 250W MH on my 20L and I am starting to think it might be too much light.

IMO the mh's were perfect. Unfortunately my wife didn't like the fixture hanging from the ceiling so that's why I switched to the T5's.

A 250 over a 20l is probably a bit much. If you can live with alot of light spilling out of the tank you could just raise it up a little rather than switching it out completely.

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Just combing through the pages and I like what I see. You've always had the mad reef skills and this tank is no excecption. I like that down the line shot on the previous page. Kinda looks like your under water. Awsome tank man.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new fish the other day, light your torches fellas.

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

This is literally the smallest yellow tang I've ever seen. It's no more than 1.75" from nose to tail (it's smaller than my female clownfish). So far it seems very content in the tank and will be moved if / when necessary.

Here's a couple more random pics.

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

OMFG you sick son of a #####, you're going to burn in hell for eternity for this one. Time to die!!!!

:lol:

Great looking photos man! Gettin good with the camera!

Where they heck did you come from?

Great looking photos man! Gettin good with the camera!

Hey! What's up Ben! Pics were taken with an iphone..

OMFG you sick son of a #####, you're going to burn in hell for eternity for this one. Time to die!!!!

inorite?

Hey! What's up Ben! Pics were taken with an iphone..

Damn, the iphone takes good pics. My Droid is 5mp and doesn't do that well but does have a macro setting. Did I tell you I got Brit a DSLR? Don't know how to use it but we have one now, lol.

Damn, the iphone takes good pics. My Droid is 5mp and doesn't do that well but does have a macro setting. Did I tell you I got Brit a DSLR? Don't know how to use it but we have one now, lol.

I thought about getting one but I'm honestly not interested in photography nearly enough to justify buying one.

I thought about getting one but I'm honestly not interested in photography nearly enough to justify buying one.

Me neither but I did anyways........ :mellow:

wierd huh?

Guess it's taking more and more to get a rise out of people. >>runs off to lfs to buy tang for 14g biocube<<

Tang looks sweet, and the tank looks great as usual! Is the tang eating the same food as the clowns or do you have to give it nori or anything?

Archived