Coral Vue Hydros

20L. AIO. foam wall.

glennr1978

Tang looks sweet, and the tank looks great as usual! Is the tang eating the same food as the clowns or do you have to give it nori or anything?

The tang hasn't taken to the flake food that I normally feed the clowns but there's a small patch of green hair algae that it has basically devoured. It's also been eating mysis very well.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My YT is eating nori, flakes, pellets, mysis, cut up shrimp, paper, styrofoam, small metal shavings, basically anything that gets near the water.

My YT is eating nori, flakes, pellets, mysis, cut up shrimp, paper, styrofoam, small metal shavings, basically anything that gets near the water.

That's how my old one was too. I'm sure this one will be the same once he gets adjusted to living in captivity.

I thought about getting one but I'm honestly not interested in photography nearly enough to justify buying one

I'll gladly sell ya my DSLR. Been very good to me. I could use an upgrade

oh - I was expecting

tang.jpg

I've actually thought about doing this for a while...now I can't. Oh well. The tank looks good I have to say. I really like how your rock wall looks.

I almost bought a pair of blue tangs one day. That were only about an inch long and probably about the cutest fish I'd ever seen (I rarely use the term cute, but it applies here). I've got no way to upgrade though so I had to pass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That birdsnest is so purdy :wub:

The tank look beautiful Glenn! you are getting great colors outta your corals.

glennr1978
That birdsnest is so purdy :wub:

The tank look beautiful Glenn! you are getting great colors outta your corals.

Thanks! I've had to sacrifice growth for color since there is only so much I can do with my 4 bulb T5 fixture. I miss my halides but my wife hated all the wires and the lights hanging from the ceiling.

I'm currently working on building my AIO 10g AGA, how did you plumb the return through that hole you drilled? I have a 1/2" hole i need to set something up. My pump is a minijet 606 with a 1/2" output....

Open to any and all suggestions!

glennr1978
I'm currently working on building my AIO 10g AGA, how did you plumb the return through that hole you drilled? I have a 1/2" hole i need to set something up. My pump is a minijet 606 with a 1/2" output....

Open to any and all suggestions!

Is the minjet the one that is made to sit on the bottom of the tank, I don't remember?? If so just run some tubing up to the hole you drilled and maybe use a 1/2" pvc elbow to put through the hole? I would think that would work just fine. Mine fit very snug in the hole I drilled and would have stayed in place on it's own but adding the foam around the pump outlet secured it permanently.

• 3 weeks later...

ok im super fresh to this whole mini reef thing!

i saw ur thread and read through it a cpl times and yeah! thing is AWSOME!!

i love everything uv done with it!! its the perfect welfare tank!! lol so simple and cheap to make!!

wat are the dimensions on ur AIO unit?

im goin to try and tweek a 20L like urs but wanna know how long and wide to make the AIO

thanx!

ok im super fresh to this whole mini reef thing!

i saw ur thread and read through it a cpl times and yeah! thing is AWSOME!!

i love everything uv done with it!! its the perfect welfare tank!! lol so simple and cheap to make!!

wat are the dimensions on ur AIO unit?

im goin to try and tweek a 20L like urs but wanna know how long and wide to make the AIO

thanx!

Honestly, I don't remember what the dimensions are. When I built it I just kinda "winged it". Thanks for the compliments!

question - are you still running skimmerless?

No, I'm using a skimmer again. I explained further in PM. Btw, the blue cloves look great, thanks!!

love the wall. AIO is pretty sweet on its own.

Thanks!

Love the tank Glen!

You've really got it looking healthy now, I am enjoying the thread but you really need to flood it with pictures ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived