Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20L. AIO. foam wall.

glennr1978

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been looking into doing a rock wall, and I like your setup with the AIO concept. I was wondering if you added any epoxy to your wall when you added the sand or did you add the sand as the foam was curing. How is it standing up? Thanks Rob

Oh yeah, I think it goes without saying your tank looks awesome.

I've been looking into doing a rock wall, and I like your setup with the AIO concept. I was wondering if you added any epoxy to your wall when you added the sand or did you add the sand as the foam was curing. How is it standing up? Thanks Rob

Oh yeah, I think it goes without saying your tank looks awesome.

I sprinkled sand over the foam while it was still wet and never put any epoxy over it. The majority of the sand has fallen off over time, but since the foam is pretty well covered in coralline algae and corals you can't even tell. I have a hard time differentiating what is foam and what is actual rock in most of the tank. Overall I'm happy with how it's turned out and the foam wall hasn't posed any problems in the tank.

Thanks for the compliment!

really didnt' want to sub to this thread.. . this is how ur supposed to 'do it right'.. hahaha, but seriously, i understand now... this is how its done.. thanks for your advice!

really didnt' want to sub to this thread.. . this is how ur supposed to 'do it right'.. hahaha, but seriously, i understand now... this is how its done.. thanks for your advice!

you're welcome and thanks!

Curious if your still running a Protein skimmer or not haha. i read through your thread a few times in the past, but i cant remember if you ended up with the 9002 or not

Curious if your still running a Protein skimmer or not haha. i read through your thread a few times in the past, but i cant remember if you ended up with the 9002 or not

Technically, yes. However, it doesn't really produce much skimmate at all. I can run the tank with or without the skimmer and can't tell the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

great video -- your clowns look really... 'healthy'.. i dunno if that makes sense.. lol, thats the first thing i noticed.. -- and ... is mr bean changing faces or am i trippin out?

great video -- your clowns look really... 'healthy'.. i dunno if that makes sense.. lol, thats the first thing i noticed.. -- and ... is mr bean changing faces or am i trippin out?

Thanks! And yeah, he should be changing faces.

First Off..... HOLY S*%@!!!

That...Tank...Is....F%@#%! SICK!!!

The progress, creativity, and job you did on your artificial wall is absolutely outstanding. I hope to hell you never tear that tank down. It's incredible!!! I have a 37 Gallon Tall reef tank Ive ahd up for about 6 months, and do to the the fact that Im no the most wealthy person, I lack the abundance of nice coral, and your tank has inspired me! Im actually considering removing my 300 bucks worth of LR and making a wall like that, my only fear is that I tear my scape down and my wall looks like S@%$. :huh:

Anyhow, well done. It's a work of art, and its mindblowing. And, call me ignorant, but what do the following terms stand for, "AIO & AGA?"

Thanks in advance for the assistance! :D

First Off..... HOLY S*%@!!!

That...Tank...Is....F%@#%! SICK!!!

The progress, creativity, and job you did on your artificial wall is absolutely outstanding. I hope to hell you never tear that tank down. It's incredible!!! I have a 37 Gallon Tall reef tank Ive ahd up for about 6 months, and do to the the fact that Im no the most wealthy person, I lack the abundance of nice coral, and your tank has inspired me! Im actually considering removing my 300 bucks worth of LR and making a wall like that, my only fear is that I tear my scape down and my wall looks like S@%$. :huh:

Anyhow, well done. It's a work of art, and its mindblowing. And, call me ignorant, but what do the following terms stand for, "AIO & AGA?"

Thanks in advance for the assistance! :D

Thanks for the compliments!! But to be honest, I am actually considering ditching this tank. However, I probably won't be able to. 90% of the corals are attached to the foam, which is attached to the tank. That being stated, I would have to sell the tank as it sits now (instead of being able to part it all out) and that's not likely to happen considering that I would get absolutely raped if I tried to sell it locally.

It's been a fun project, but I'm much more excited about my other tank now.

AIO = all in one

AGA = all glass aquarium (which is now owned by aquacon or something like that)

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, no there won't be another 40 breeder in my future

ooohhhh r e a l l y . . .

We're watching that sig of yours my never satisfied, over achiever, addicted to SW tanks friend.

LOL

T minus 2 weeks (maybe less) til this tank is no mas. It was a cool little tank, but I'm bored with it now. Should've kept my 40g....

Dave, I need some lights. Come get some corals or money, whichever.

• 4 weeks later...

Ill take it, do you deliver? If I was driving to Padre next week id actually buy it but they want to fly for some reason. 3 hours in an airport for a 55 min flight, wtf?

WTF?? i like this tank! was real unique and awsome sad to see it go

sell the wall and pump!!!!

I've moved on to a bigger and hopefully better tank :) .

The wall is permanantly installed. You would have to destroy it completely to take it off. Yeah, the pump has to go with the tank too.

Ill take it, do you deliver? If I was driving to Padre next week id actually buy it but they want to fly for some reason. 3 hours in an airport for a 55 min flight, wtf?

If you can find a way to get it up there you can have it.

3 hours in an airport + 55 minute flight still beats an 8+ hour drive!!

irondragon013

I'm sad to see this tank get broken down. Are you going to sell the tank with the wall? I'm sure a good number of people would be interested in it.

I wish man, think you need to come to houston, don't you have family there? Ill meet you lol.

We've actually been talking about going up for a weekend, but probably won't go until spring.

Archived