Coral Vue Hydros

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

SpankythePyro

well my solana came in today. unfortunately it was in liek fifty million pieces so back to the drawing board.

Also I never realized the footprint of the solana was more like 20x15 the back chambers take up a little more than 4 inches of space!

well my solana came in today. unfortunately it was in liek fifty million pieces so back to the drawing board.

Also I never realized the footprint of the solana was more like 20x15 the back chambers take up a little more than 4 inches of space!

:tears:

SpankythePyro
:tears:

:tears::tears::tears::scarry::scarry:

on the plus side I got my 50lbs of marco rock today... began aqua scaping and looks like I might have a nice setup.. for sps atleast

I am making pillars. I don't know where acans will go though

:tears::tears::tears::scarry::scarry:

on the plus side I got my 50lbs of marco rock today... began aqua scaping and looks like I might have a nice setup.. for sps atleast

I am making pillars. I don't know where acans will go though

How do you like the rock?

-Mike :)

SpankythePyro

I LOVEEE THE ROCK!

The only problem is I was expecting the solana to be a little bit bigger in footprint so all I have right now are two aquascaping pillars and I'm not sure what else to do. I don't have a whole lot of room.

oh no! You got me all excited about your tank but when you said it was like in million pieces got me upset bro. Hope they ship you a new one. Let us knows!

SpankythePyro

I know I was excited too! then I opened the box and got tiny glass shards in my hands and was like ####!

Oh well..I have to order one for $300 now instead of getting one for ~$185... there goes the skimmer/ato

No more ATI sunpower either, I'll be using a 150w sunpod w/ 14k phoenix

Could someone describe the rear chambers in the SOlana for me? I am having a tough time figuring out exactly how it is set up. I know there is a skimmer, but is there also a mediabasket type setup? Thanks.

Could someone describe the rear chambers in the SOlana for me? I am having a tough time figuring out exactly how it is set up. I know there is a skimmer, but is there also a mediabasket type setup? Thanks.

yeah the skimmer goes in the 1st compartment, where the inlet is for the overflow..then the 2nd chamber is where the bioballs and sponges are but those are to be removed. Most people including me turn the 2nd chamber into a fuge and velcro a light to the back. The heater can also be put in the 2nd chamber in that space next to the skimmer. The 3rd compartment is where the return pump is and where those ATO bottles are. Take those bottles out and add a better ATO and you can also run carbon or a sapphire media reactor in the 3rd chamber

How often do you guys clean our your skimmers (the stock one)? I havent had the skimmer on mine, but I decided I am just going to turn my 2nd chamber into a fuge, and with that said.... I won't be running the blue sponge anymore. Do you think that small fuge and the stock protein skimmer will be enough filtration in mine? I also have around 35lb of rock and a 2-3 inch sandbed.

SpankythePyro

Solana scheduled for delivery 10/22

Got my 150w sunpod today. Was afraid I got the wrong bulb as well because its diff from the pic on PA website, but sure enough it is. Its a wonderful blue color too!!!

Now I need to get conduit and a hanging kit...and acrylic rods for my rocks

That's great news spanky! About the rods, I didn't use any rods. I use zipties to secure my rock scape. My new rock scape for November is almost done. I had to take some rocks out because less is more. Now just sit back and watch everything grows.

SpankythePyro

just noticed this... Do I have to drill a hole in the back of the solana stand!?!? to fit my ato resivor in there and hide the power cables?

Also stand doesn't seem completely level, that could be the floor though.

Edited by SpankythePyro
SpankythePyro

TANK CAME IN TODAY!!!

I like the tank, a bit unimpressed with the siliconing of the back chambers but oh well

edit: just realized now the back left corner is cracked!!! WTF!!!

Edited by SpankythePyro
TANK CAME IN TODAY!!!

I like the tank, a bit unimpressed with the siliconing of the back chambers but oh well

edit: just realized now the back left corner is cracked!!! WTF!!!

Ha, me2, I would have cleaned it up a little, but I didnt notice it till I got water in it, then I got lazy! lol...

have fun.

-Mike

lol well I am returning it, I am not using a tank with a back chipped/shattered edge. This really ticks me off

Ah, I was talkin bout the silicone, sorry to hear about the chip... I didn't have that problem.

good luck, Mike B)

Sorry about the tank, hope this next one won't break or chipped. Do you have to ship back the broken tank each time it break because that's alot of hassle to go through that. Good luck buddy!

Yup UPS comes by and picks up the tank and I have to wait for it to get back to the place I bought it, then they send me a new one.

Where you get your tank from? i got mine from pet solution.com for a very good deal plus i google for any kind of discount and i am glad i found one with free shipping and 10% off so i added in and the tank was such a great deal plus my friend is the UPS man so he delivered straight to my work place and help me unloaded and take off the box and everything and help me put it in my little grocery getter Camry 01'. i was so surprised that the tank fitted in my little camry. haha. But yea nothing broke and was ready to be setup but before i put water and get it started. i did a little modification to the back chamber you can find it on my 2nd page on my solana thread form. i added some eggcrate and a fuge light to the back along with Skimmer and ATO.

I hope your tank come in in one piece so you can get it started.

P.S. My Picasso baby clown fish decided to surf the rim and landed on my carpet the next morning all stiff up! :(

Anyone know where i can buy some cheap picasso clown fish?

SpankythePyro

I got mine from petsolutions as well but I didn't find any coupons

I also don't have all the foam to put the tank back in its larger box... I think its going to break in transit but its already broken so whats the use. If they don't send me a new tank I will be pissed. I am not going dumpster diving to get a couple pieces of foam lol. Thats the only real thing I am worried about.

Sad about the picasso :(

I would reccomend hyperboy for getting some cheap picassos, they are $50 and I believe he has a website now where you can order based on WYSIWYG