Cultivated Reef

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

has anybody had problems with micro bubbles? im pretty sure its mirco bubbles, or maybe my sand is blowing around, but i didnt think sand would blow around this much, pretty sure its micro bubbles

Got any pictures?

*Spanky good luck with the clean up! Lol I took my starboard out because I was to lazy to seal the bottom so detrius get build up underneath and you all know what went wrong from there.

has anybody had problems with micro bubbles? im pretty sure its mirco bubbles, or maybe my sand is blowing around, but i didnt think sand would blow around this much, pretty sure its micro bubbles

How long as the tank been running? Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to break in. If it's not that, it's either the skimmer or return pump. I would turn the skimmer off, see if the bubbles stop. If so, then mess with the skimmer, if not, then it's the return pump.

I had a friend who had this problem, the skimmer pump kind of fell out of place and was blowing bubbles sideways, once he put the pump back into place, the bubbles stopped.

How long as the tank been running? Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to break in. If it's not that, it's either the skimmer or return pump. I would turn the skimmer off, see if the bubbles stop. If so, then mess with the skimmer, if not, then it's the return pump.

I had a friend who had this problem, the skimmer pump kind of fell out of place and was blowing bubbles sideways, once he put the pump back into place, the bubbles stopped.

so its definitely my return pump, i turned the skimmer off and after an hour still had the bubbles, i wonder what the problem is, where the hell could it possibly be sucking air from.... i guess ill take it apart and put it back together a little tighter

to any solana owners with chemipure elite... is it normal for the chemipure to keep your second chamber higher than your third chamber because that is what is happening with mine... should it level out.... some one said i should try to move it around... any other suggestions

SpankythePyro

still waiting on water! RODI unit is working as fast as possile

I'm not sure about the space though because the glas thickness is 5mm and its right between using the spacer or not

TriggerHappyDude
water is in, have mp10 on short pulse AND MY STND IS SWAYING!!!!!

anyway mp40w gets mailed out tomorrow, bye bye :(

Did you sell/trade your MP40w?

150w, i have a 20k ushio im using now but I LOVEEE 14K PHOENIX (way bluer)

ALSO I HAVE MICROBUBBLES NOW!

Yeah, It took mine a year and now I can't even turn on my skimmer bc the display fills up really bad with them

burnofvengeance

What do you guys put in the intake slot as far as a filter goes? I've tried cutting up a sponge I took out of my NC 24 to make it fit but it slows the flow in the back way down and ends up pushing the water level in the front up higher than I'm comfortable with.

What do you guys put in the intake slot as far as a filter goes? I've tried cutting up a sponge I took out of my NC 24 to make it fit but it slows the flow in the back way down and ends up pushing the water level in the front up higher than I'm comfortable with.

Are you talking about the filter in the Overflow? If thats the case I just use the stock black mesh filter pad that it comes with. I rinse it out probably once a week when I think about it.

It was recommended to me to use Fluval 404/405 foam blocks that are cut in half or thirds. They fit about perfectly and don't impede the waterflow like all other media I tried in it.

Time to hit up dr. Foster and get me some of those black mesh lol. I need a new one badly. Anyone changed out their stock pumps to a mj900 or mj400 pumps? Feed back would be awesome!

It was recommended to me to use Fluval 404/405 foam blocks that are cut in half or thirds. They fit about perfectly and don't impede the waterflow like all other media I tried in it.

They back up the flow also i tried them...the best one to use is the original it came with...when mine got messed up i emailed Current CS and they sent me 3 spomges free or charge...they have great CS at Current.

Edited by DAHNIC561