IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Free frags from "Bluenassarius" 2 micromussas, 1 favia, and 1 meteor shower

IMG_0235.jpg

and the newest member in the tank "Tailspot Blenny"

IMG_0249.jpg

I got mine from petsolutions as well but I didn't find any coupons

I also don't have all the foam to put the tank back in its larger box... I think its going to break in transit but its already broken so whats the use. If they don't send me a new tank I will be pissed. I am not going dumpster diving to get a couple pieces of foam lol. Thats the only real thing I am worried about.

Sad about the picasso :(

I would reccomend hyperboy for getting some cheap picassos, they are $50 and I believe he has a website now where you can order based on WYSIWYG

You SHOULD GOOGLE PETSOLUTION DISCOUNT online in google! GOOD DEAL! SAVE ALOT!

i guess i check out hyperboy picassos, got the link?

Yesterday, my sea hare decided to climb up blocking the overflow, it triggered the ATO, I almost had a flood. Luckily I was there and turned off the ATO. Guess I won't need top off anything for a couple of days. Checked salinity, only dropped 0.001, not bad. I might need to do something to prevent this in the future..... -_-

SpankythePyro

done have a link but if you search for hyperboy on here you will find him

I tried looking for petsolutions coupons and i found some just none worked, all were expired i guess

HI everybody, has any of you been able to put a overflow on a solana? I got my Solana a couple of months ago but I think it needs a sump now, any sugestions? I got my solana with the metal halide pendant lighting, anybody got the same lighting? what do you think about the light output?

Ok, so I've been through all of the pages on this thread and multiple searches looking for the answer. I bought a used Tunze 9002 and am looking to put it into the 1st chamber of my Solana. The problem is my 9002 came with the old style bracketing system and not the magnets like the new ones have.

Has anyone made my version work in their Solana?

If not, does someone know where I can purchase those magnets to attach to my Tunze?

Lastly :D I saw one person do neither of what I mentioned and built a stand for it to just sit on, anyone have any information on that?

Pictures would be great of anyone's back of their Solana with the 9002. Thanks everyone!

*Note* I did purchase the Stevie T skimmer cup so it would fit.

SpankythePyro

New tank should be here monday. Hopefully It isn't damaged like the last one..

Also got the new top to my stand from current so I will be replacing thats asap

I got a new aquascape up.... Its going to be a PITA though because I tried to drill/epoxy it but I don't know how it will turn out... lol

Hi. I'm new to nano-reef.com, but my Solana has been up and running for almost a year now. Sorry for the blurry pic, and if someone wants to resize that for me, that would be fine.

edit: nevermind, the website automatically resized the picture. Awesome.

IMG_6482.jpg

Edited by aklee987
SpankythePyro

Well current's replacement stand top didn't fit my stand (QC issues). They are sending me a brand new stand (dunno when it will get here). So I won't have pics up yet of the aquascape (nothing to put it on). My replacement solana got delivered to my house the other day though and everyone says it fine

SpankythePyro

Ah anyone have info on where to buy the black steel to make lightrails? And how I can get connectors and stuff for them? How to mount them on the back

Thanks!

is the mp 20 a good sized one for the solana or should i go with the mp 40

imo, MP20 is perfect. I finally have mine up tp 100%, It was at 70-80% for a while because the sand(fiji pink) would blow around a little at 100%, now that its more mature the sand no longer gets blown. I would think an MP40 would be too much, but then again, better too much than not enuf.

good luck, Mike B)

with the mp 20 would it be possible for the water to go over the edge and if it would is it possible for u to reduce the amount of water in the main tank like mabey turning up the power on the power head in the back

That's a heck of aquascape. Did u use fiberglass rods?

I used acrylic rods. One for the tower, two for the arch.

with the mp 20 would it be possible for the water to go over the edge and if it would is it possible for u to reduce the amount of water in the main tank like mabey turning up the power on the power head in the back

I use an mp20 and love it. I changed out the existing return pump for a MJ900. That lowered the water level just a little bit in the front part of the tank. I'm thinking about changing that MJ900 for a MJ400, just to slow down water flow in the back. I obviously have enough flow in the front from the mp20.

Here is a closer look at the aquascape.

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

TriggerHappyDude

I got a semi - bad Apitasia issue, I have used some of the Apitasia X stuff (or similar) on a few, but more just keep cropping up, I squirt some, another two or three pop up. Is there something else I can do to get a broader number of them gone?

I don't think you can see them in here, but here is a test video I shot with my fairly new Canon 5D Mark II camera, I'm going to try to get a macro lens so I can get more close up video...

My Solana Tank

Also, I guess I need to do some more frequent water changes, I seem to get that dusty algae on my inside glass everyday now, I will clean it in the AM and by the PM its back...is my water quality bad? Besides the normal water tests; pH, Nitrates/Nitrites, Ammonia etc, what should I test for, my frags don't really seem to be growing much at all...so I guess I need some buffer? What should I test for to help them out?

Edited by TriggerHappyDude
I got a semi - bad Apitasia issue, I have used some of the Apitasia X stuff (or similar) on a few, but more just keep cropping up, I squirt some, another two or three pop up. Is there something else I can do to get a broader number of them gone?

Get a peppermint shrimp. They're small, and do a good job on aptasia.

imo, good luck, -Mike

Peppermint shrimp are hit-and-miss. Some will eat aptasia, some will not touch it. If they do eat it, it will be the smaller ones that they eat. I have also heard of them picking at SPS polyps in some cases.

They will not bother your snails and crabs and fish. Two would be fine, but so would one.

Ok, what about two? Do you think just one? Do they get along with my crabs and snails?

one is good for your troubles because later on you might wanna take it out because it still food from your others corals.. lol

I had to take my pep shrimp and skunk shrimp out because of stealing food and bothering my zoas. That's just my opinion but yeah the pep shrimp will take care of your problem soon.

A lot of them are small but some are nickle/quarter sized, would a Peppermint Shrimp eat those too??

There is no harm in trying. I would get a peppermint or two, and see if they make any difference. Squirt the remaining with kalk paste of an aiptasia removal product. If you get unlucky, your peppermint shrimps won't eat any of the aiptasia, and you'll just have cool shrimp in the tank. Beware that they will eat the food you feed also, so some will prefer to wait for you to feed instead of eating aiptasia. And they can steal food from corals.

By the way, I still am going to send you some zoas, I have been out of work for a month so I didn't want to ship anything. But I'm good now, so I'll check the tank to see if I can find a good frag for you.