SaltCritters.com

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

I need to fix the openings where water flows through. I drilled holes when i should have just cut a section out. I'll get my dremel after it once it empty, then I paint lol. I have a pile of rubble I needed to do something with, I'll put that and cheato in the back left chamber and have a powerhead pumping from the middle to the right chamber. A heater can fit in the back right easily. All I'd need after that is an LED driver and about 12 LEDs. I could make a decent LED light for that thing for about $125. I could also do the cheap "rodent water bottle" ato :happy: . The frags would be so happy in there.

Dam Pis, now you got me all excited about reefing again. I was getting pretty bummed out by all my bad luck this past weekend.

I only have 4 more pieces to glue for my new sump. Tonight though I have to go over all my seams again with the acrylic glue. The back chambers arent that pretty so far but they will not be seen to I dont really care. My next project I will be sure to get alot better tools. The rigged stuff I am using is doing the job but it could be alot easier and prettier if I spent a little extra money.

ooo that sponge is very cool. sans the urchin poo. :happy:

Thanks squirrelieygrrrrrrl! It looked real cool in the camera but once in photoshop I saw all that poo. But I still like it :happy: .

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pismo_reefer
Dam Pis, now you got me all excited about reefing again.

I was getting pretty bummed out by all my bad luck this past weekend.

Glad I could help....

wait'll you see the stuff I sent you.

Its pretty zoa's the chalices, and a couple extras.

I got one moar box of stuff that will go out to you,

but that wont be for another month or two.

Then, i guess I can't start fillin' up someone else's tank.

Maybe weetie's tank'll be up to par by then.

:P

Glad I could help....

wait'll you see the stuff I sent you.

Its pretty zoa's the chalices, and a couple extras.

I got one moar box of stuff that will go out to you,

but that wont be for another month or two.

Then, i guess I can't start fillin' up someone else's tank.

Sweeeeet! I have two shipments to send but they have been put back another week due to finances and the sump. That and I havent fragged two of the ones I am sending you yet. I need to get off my butt tomorrow and just frag the tennius and tri-color for you.

lol I still have 3 or 4 people over there that I was gonna send stomas to. I was waiting on my nano conches to multiply a little more but my stupid blenny ate most of them. Maybe I'll just get stomas together and send them and worry about the conches later. That is if I can find the stomas in this tank lol.

squirrelieygrrrl

sweet baby jeebuz

if any one needs stomies lemme know. im chock full of em in my tank. and they spawn every few days. soon im gonna be overrun!

sweet baby jeebuz

if any one needs stomies lemme know. im chock full of em in my tank. and they spawn every few days. soon im gonna be overrun!

Really? I got 3 or 4 that want them. They'll pay for shipping too. Want me to have them PM you?

I almost forgot, I found baby limpets in my old sump! omgomgomg

squirrelieygrrrl

sure thing opy.

send em my way if youve got a shortage. ive also got a butt load of those mini white brittles. might take me a little while to get all the packing materials together, i havnt shipped anything in ages.

oooo baby limpets! cool! ive had a few in and out of my tank but none of them seem to make it long term.

sure thing opy.

send em my way if youve got a shortage. ive also got a butt load of those mini white brittles. might take me a little while to get all the packing materials together, i havnt shipped anything in ages.

oooo baby limpets! cool! ive had a few in and out of my tank but none of them seem to make it long term.

Will do. Do you need heat packs? I have a bunch of 3-4 day heat packs that I can send you for helping out. :happy:

squirrelieygrrrl

im all good on the heat packs, ill just grab some cheapies from kmart. those stomies are practically bullet proof. i cleaned my skimmer out yesterday pretty thoroughly with just plain tap water and a brush. the ones that were still hanging on perked right back up once they got back into the salt water.

Not sure what happened to my asterinas. I has at least one at work and one in my BC14 but I cant find them at all now :huh: . Odd little buggers.

Thanks for stopping by M. I saw a pic I need to post for you :happy:

03-jedi-squirrels.jpg

You said you don't recommend seagrass to a beginner. Why not?

it dies easily and is a huge pain to clean up but it also releases the phosphates and other bad stuff back into the tank when it dies.

pismo_reefer
sweet baby jeebuz

Holler.....

I need some. ;)

I'm in sac....

Sweeeeet! I have two shipments to send but they have been put back another week due to finances and the sump. That and I havent fragged two of the ones I am sending you yet. I need to get off my butt tomorrow and just frag the tennius and tri-color for you.

lol I still have 3 or 4 people over there that I was gonna send stomas to. I was waiting on my nano conches to multiply a little more but my stupid blenny ate most of them. Maybe I'll just get stomas together and send them and worry about the conches later. That is if I can find the stomas in this tank lol.

OMG :eek:

I cant wait for teh fraggles.... :happy:

The grape chalice that I sent you has a 3/4" stomatela on it.

Prolly the fattest sumbeech ive seen.

not with my crappy looking tank lol. I need to get water to do a change tonight. It looks horrible right now. I need my new sump up quick. I only have 3 more pieces to glue on then I'll water test.

I thought the same thing but they have been that close and my ric has even sat against the hydno overnight in my old tank and never bothered it at all. The hydno has never put out its stingers. My other hydno in my other tank had and it was about 4" long and very scary.

Pis, I had to dig through the box again because I thought you were joking about the clam. OMG There's a clam in there! I am going to have to redo all my tanks to make room. My old zoas are going in my wifes tank for now to make room.

I'll post pics of my old zoas and if any locals want them or anyone wants them for shipping costs I'll send them. They arent anything spectacular but they are alive and healthy :happy: .

squirrelieygrrrl

jeez...

i think my ears are ringing. ;)

eeep!

maybe i shouldnt have opened my big mouth 'bout the stomies. :P jk, im more than willing to spread a little stomie love. :D

id much rather work out some kind of zoa trade, like maybe zoas for zoas and then toss some stomies in for free. dunno if that piques any ones interest.

opie, sorry to hijack your thread bout the critters. ill have to start a new one to gauge some interest.

It's all good. I dont mind hijackers, it keeps my thread going lol. Besides, stomas and zoas are on topic so technically it wasnt hijacking ;) .

Currently I'm having fun going through this box-o-frags omgomgomg

Archived