SaltCritters.com

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

Well now you know. Sorry.

Oh no your doing LEDS! run away, they are not worth it :P

I actually finished mine up the other day. Kinda :rant: with the results of the uv's. but thats in my thread.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. Thats cool. I would love to make a small led setup for those special tanks I was telling you about in the PM. We will refer to them as :ninja: tanks. I'm thinking a small package setup would be the beers pull tab.

Militant Jurist

The zero edge sounds very cool! Unfortunately, if I get another tank in the near future, it will be a bigger tank.... 75+

It's been a rough week for me. Ok so it's been a rough couple of days. The week started out good with the tank and all but as I try to get things done stuff is just not going 100% my way. First the bulkhead leaked then I noticed scrathes in the corner then I found the splashguard for the lights is cracked. I am also waiting on lights for my office tank that were ordered last Saturday and the guy said he would ship them ASAP but they still havent arived. The final straw was when I was looking for my pics I took over the past month they are not there. I think I deleted them from the camera before storing them to my server :angry: . Alot of it is lack of sleep. I'm normaly in bed around 10 or so but working on this tank and other stuff it's more like 11:30 or later.

Well to cheer myself up I went home and fixed the leaky bullkhead (thanks for the tip tck) and then took pics to replace the deleted ones. Too bad the deleted ones were of pismos stuff he sent. I have the ones posted here but they are edited and small. I will get those again when i clean the tank tomorrow night. But these pics made me happy.

_MG_5172.jpg

_MG_5176.jpg

_MG_5177.jpg

These guys are finally spreading like crazy!

_MG_5224.jpg

_MG_5228.jpg

_MG_5193.jpg

_MG_5232.jpg

and my favorite!

_MG_5209.jpg

Oh and Littlefoot says hi :happy:

_MG_5205.jpg

Well I am slowly moving my sand over to the new tank. I put a new 20 lbs bag of live sand in the other day and it was slowly getting cleared up till I started moving the existing sand. I went ahead and just turned the power head off to let it settle some. The 10G isnt too cloudy and it is clearing up pretty quick. This is going to be a long process lol. The sump is going to take even longer <_< .

In other news, my clowns are hosting my orange digi? :huh: I guess they can host whatever they want but I would have thought they would host the GSP or frogspawn before a digi lol. Well whatever sutes them :happy: .

Glad its geting better. Also glad the O-oil helped save you some trouble. I need to take a photo class. You guys make me sick. I gotta new dslr and cannot use it. Okay I got it for my wife. But you know. Nice pieces of critters ya got there. I need some.

Thanks! What DSLR did you get? Mines a Canon 40D and I love it. Basically I read and read and read then took thousands of pics and I am still learning lol. But the ones up there were 8 out of 62 that I shot. I just keep doing it and changing settings or focal points till I like what I got ;) .

I got the Canon Rebel XSI. In all fairness I have only tried to shoot the tank a few times. I hate to read books. But I am sure that I am gonna have to do it. GRR.

new pics are WIN!!!!

clean turtletank is also win.

Thanks! It took forever and two $150 filters and a $50 algae eater to get it to look that clean lol. Turtles are dirty lol... but cute.

I got the Canon Rebel XSI. In all fairness I have only tried to shoot the tank a few times. I hate to read books. But I am sure that I am gonna have to do it. GRR.

Great camera! My first DSLR was the original digital rebel. First of all use a tripod, turn out all lights except your tank lights and get comfy. Put your camera on the A for aperture priority. Then set the ISO up to about 400 or so. Try different ISOs, the higher they are the more light there is so the shutter speed is faster but they also get more grainy from noise. Drop your exposure compensation down a couple of steps but dont get that confused with flash exposure compensation FEC (read the manual :P ). Then start taking pictures changing your aperture till you get the desired effect. Those are the basics of what I do. I also play with custom white balance and spot meetering too. Also dont forget that if you have image stabilization to turn it off while using a tripod.

I broke some ends off my caulerpa this morning for my urchin before I came to work. When I got here I dropped one on him and he slowly worked it towards his mouth and he has been munching on it for a while now. At this rate I think he can have 1 2" piece a day or less. I pull more that that out of my fuge every week just to clean up a little lol.

VERY nice.

Come take pics of my tank now pls.

Thanks Weetie! :blush:

I am waiting on plane tickets. Once they get here I will fly up and take pics. I will also bring some stomas with me ;) .

:P

On a side note, I just got an email from the guy I ordered my 2 HQI bulbs from for my office tank. He never sent them :rant: . Never buy stuff on Saturday, by Monday people forget to ship them <_< .

On a brighter note though, my new skimmer is out for delivery! omgomgomg Maybe when i go home for lunch I can set it up in my BC29.

Well most of the sand is over there now and it is settling pretty quick. I think I will move the coral into another tank and then get the rest of the sand and move the stand. Then I will start hooking up my RKL to the new system. Maybe I can get it done tonight. If not it will be ready to go for tomorrow. Well wish my luck guys and I will probly be on some time this weekend with pics.

First of all use a tripod, turn out all lights except your tank lights and get comfy. Put your camera on the A for aperture priority. Then set the ISO up to about 400 or so. Try different ISOs, the higher they are the more light there is so the shutter speed is faster but they also get more grainy from noise. Drop your exposure compensation down a couple of steps but dont get that confused with flash exposure compensation FEC (read the manual :P ). Then start taking pictures changing your aperture till you get the desired effect. Those are the basics of what I do. I also play with custom white balance and spot meetering too. Also dont forget that if you have image stabilization to turn it off while using a tripod.

Thanks. But thats all Greek to me. One of those days "when the kiddos are older" I will read the book. In all actuality it may be easier for me to go to a local Community College and sign up for a class. Time away from everyone and maybe learn something.

You know that taking a class requires reading dont you? lol Most of those things you can find easily on your camera. I will read the manual this weekend and PM you the step by step for each thing lol.

You know that taking a class requires reading dont you? lol Most of those things you can find easily on your camera. I will read the manual this weekend and PM you the step by step for each thing lol.

Ha ha. I never thought of it that way. Back when I was Purdue my degree was all practicals and such. So reading wasnt alot of the class. Much appreciations for the upcoming pm.

Oh will that be a audio pm rather than the usual text type. :P

OMG this is a PITA. The only things left are the fish and the one rock with the digi that the clowns are hosting. Everything else went into the top secret tank till I get the main tank moved into place and filled back up with water. The remaining sand can go in tomorrow when I move the tanks.

Tck, I would do an audio PM but due to the tank upgrade I find myself short on time so a text PM will have to due for now. :P

Thanks Pis! I'll need it. :happy:

Well the old tank is gone and one rock of coral and the fish are in the new tank. I aquascape this afternoon and setup the new ATO. I also upgraded my entire ReefKeeper system and it seems to be working ALOT better. The probe calibration was fast and easy and is alot more accurate. It does not match my refractometer but I can have that tested at the LFS. Pics coming soon.

Archived