_MG_5003.jpg

_MG_5018.jpg

_MG_4978.jpg

_MG_5008.jpg

_MG_5029.jpg

_MG_5132.jpg

_MG_5067.jpg

_MG_5071.jpg

I had a blast down there in Cozumel! Ok so by now you guys probably realized that those arent pics from the Gulf of Mexico. Well I never even got to get in the water. The stupid cold front that blew into Texas bringing several inches of snow followed us down to Cozumel and made the water quite rough. Most water activities were canceled and the nice snorkeling spots were closed due to the rough water. Well to make it up to me my wife took me to the Houston Aquarium on our way home. It wasn't very big but it was pretty nice and the food in the resteraunt was good. In fact the fish tasted a little too fresh :unsure: . I wondered why some of the displays were mostly empty :lol: .

The pics below are in Cozumel and the closest I got to the water.

IMG_0176.jpg

This was the closest I got to coral. It was about 2 inches tall and right there at the beach in a rock.

IMG_0178.jpg

This was the closest I got to touching a sting ray this trip too.

IMG_0198.jpg

All in all the trip was very nice and realxing other than the 60mph crosswinds on the first night. We wolk up expecting the "abandon ship" alarm to be going off. But after about 10-15 minutes we got used to it and manages to get some sleep. We did miss the huge snow storm (well huge to Texas that is) dropping 12+ inches of snow at my house. I came home to broken branches all over the yard but luckely no damage to the house. It hasn't snowed like this in North Texas in 32 years!

snowcar.jpg

My niece playing with her first real snowman.

zoey.jpg

I got home to a small mess on the front of my tank cabinet but everything was alive and doing very well. I also saw about 4-6 baby nano conches so some of them escaped Benny the blenny aka the jaws of death. I did have a scare when I couldnt find Thaddeous the six line Monday night but yesterday when the light came on he came right out to welcome us home. I am getting more and more comfortable leaving them in my friends hands and once my ATO for the BC14 is up and running and my ATO in my office is upgraded there shouldnt be any problems at all. Those of you waiting for stomas and stuff I am going to check the weather for the next 10 days and once it starts warming up I will start sending them.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hapy yer home....safe.

Now cn I send this crap!? :lol:

lol yep send away! :happy: You may want to put an extra heat pack in there though. It's been below freezing lately.

They shouldnt be blocked but if several people are opening my thread at the same time my server craps out. Give it a minute and refresh. I really need to host my pics somewhere other than my house lol.

I dont like PB. I have a couple of hosting sites now for other web sites I work on but I just dont want to go through all the images I've posted and have to update them all lol. I may just start hosting future ones elswhere.

Thanks MJ. We were mainly just out to relax and enjoy a nive V-Day alone and we succeeded ;) ... :naughtydance: lol. It woulda been nice to snorkel but I did get ALOT of reading in... and napping :happy: . Now we are planning a 4-5 day in Cozumel in September to go snorkeling with the whale sharks, among other things like seeing the ruins. We will be telling our friends and family and whoever wants to join us is welcome. After the Disney Cruise in December we want to just take a couple of small vacations this year to try to save up some money for the Disney cruise in 2011 on thier new ship. Now before you guys judge me and say I take too many vacations let me tell you that we are already planning our trips to Egypt, Turkey, England, South Africa, Hawaii (again) and some other small islands over the next few years. Of course a couple of those keep getting pushed back a couple of years or so lol.

oops I forgot Australia lol. I grew up traveling so it's in my DNA. My wife never left the country until we got maried. In fact she'd only been outside the state once.

I enjoy your thread a lot. Good pics.

Bummer on the Cozumel weather. I've been diving and snorkeling there, it's a reefers dream come true. I hope you can make it back there.

I'm going in April for the second year in a row. Seems like it's pretty affordable.

I enjoy your thread a lot. Good pics.

Bummer on the Cozumel weather. I've been diving and snorkeling there, it's a reefers dream come true. I hope you can make it back there.

I'm going in April for the second year in a row. Seems like it's pretty affordable.

Thanks! Yea I didnt mind so much on the weather since I did get to relax alot and that was our main goal.

We were talking about going to Holbox Island to snorkel with the whale sharks but its too far from everything else so we want to stay on Cozumel and just fairy over to Holbox. This was our third trip to Cozumel but the first one we just went over to Playa Del Carmen and went cave snorkeling. Last time we went to Cozumel we went to Chankanaab snorkeling. I didnt get to see much of the reef there since we were limited on time but when I go back they wont be able to drag me out of the water lol.

I grew up in Turkey on the Aegean Sea and thats where my passion for sea life started. Seeing all the amzing things over there got me hooked and when I started cruising I picked up snorkeling again. I have actually been talking to my wife about diving but she isnt too interested. At least her sister is and she goes with us on cruises alot.

Quick update. I spent about a half hour trying to get the stupid algae out of my overflow on Wednesday. I am getting alot of growth of some wierd algae that looks like small bushes. I finally figured out an easy fix for this. I ordered some black vinyl sheets to cut to fit ove rthe top section of the overflow. This will block out the light that the algae is using to grow. I am hoping that it will also kill the existing stuff and everything would eventually wash out of there. It's really annoying lol.

I also thought I got the large bristle worms out of the DT but last night during feeding I saw a huge one in my large chunk of LR in the center of the tank again. I thought I got that one out <_< . So either the large one managed to get into the pump chamber of my sump and get pushed back into the DT or I have more giant ones than I thought. Well he was keeping the sand bed clean in that area so I will let him be. He was rather large though and really freaked my wife out lol.

wait... are you getting another tank going? or transferring your 10gal to that?

I will be transfering the 10g to this bc29. I am going to need a few things like the stand, a new skimmer and some plumbing parts but other than that I am just moving the rocks over to the new tank. It will probly be a couple of weeks before it is ready to go including cutting my LED heatsink to fit the hood and modding it all.

I need to find a bc29 stand and make sure my sump will fit inside. Anyone here know the exact width of the inside of a bc29 stand? I know the outside width is 21.5" but I dont know if thats the top shelf that the tank sits on or the sides.

Archived