Cultivated Reef

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

update

I found my first asteriniid star today. I dont know if it was a HH in the last coral I got from the LFS a couple of months ago or if it came with the torch and frogspawn Adam sent me or if its just been in the rocks so small since day 1 and I just now found it but it sure is cute lol.

/end update

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a ton of asterina stars they are cool, but can get outta hand fast...I don't mind them tho :)

I can't believe the polyp extension you get on your SPS....I am jealous :P

I have a ton of asterina stars they are cool, but can get outta hand fast...I don't mind them tho :)

I can't believe the polyp extension you get on your SPS....I am jealous :P

Thanks Maria! Yea the SPS are crazy. The top of the tennius isnt extended far at all in that pics because I ticked it off right before the pic. There was a stupid hair or something caught on it <_< . I attribute the polyp extension to high water flow since the flow in my tank is crazy. Most of my stuff is pretty thick because of that. The only problem with that is they grow so slow so I cant frag them much.

• 2 weeks later...

ok quick weekend post now that I am feeling human again lol.

I changed my light cycle and cut back a little in my home tank. Other than that everything is the same but for some reason several of my SPS are growing like crazy!

My brittle star owes MJ big time. In one of his posts he said he drops mysis by the hole where is star is but I never knew they would eat the mysis like that intil I saw it for myself. Thanks MJ!

_MG_4770.jpg

Hopefully someone can tell me what these came from.

_MG_4778.jpg

Well guys, have a great rest of the weekend and for those of you who are off tomorrow for some random holiday... dont drink too much.

Sweet! I have about 7 spots like that on one of the walls. I didnt see any anywhere else but that wall gets the least flow so maybe they are there for a reason. It's about time those things had sex! Maybe those vids I put on late at night helped with the mood?

I now have 12 spots on one wall like that and they each have 10-14 or more things inside each spot. Here is one thats more developed.

_MG_4826.jpg

Militant Jurist
My brittle star owes MJ big time. In one of his posts he said he drops mysis by the hole where is star is but I never knew they would eat the mysis like that intil I saw it for myself. Thanks MJ!

_MG_4770.JPG

Glad I could help a star! :happy:

It's about time those things had sex!

True story.

:P

Maybe those vids I put on late at night helped with the mood?

:naughtydance:

Glad I could help a star! :happy:

yep, he has now eaten 3 mysis. Well maybe 2.5 after the stupid hermit snagged part of one. I took some mysis to work and the one in my office loved it too. I am now going to have to keep mysis at work <_< .

Wow the growth pattern on your green slimer is awesome, if you ever want to frag it it would be perfect for my pico :) Very cool.

Thanks! I will have to make a mental note of that. I am waiting for frag plugs and then they all get fragged :D

corallineadam
I now have 12 spots on one wall like that and they each have 10-14 or more things inside each spot. Here is one thats more developed.

_MG_4826.jpg

wooo hooo!!!!

omgomgomg I am super excited guys! I just picked up some coral from a guy that is moving and cant take his coral with him. I got so much I had to set up another tank real quick to fit the LR and coral both. I used half his water and half new water so basically they got a 50% water change. I now have to make an emergency trip to petco to get a heater and a light that will do until I can get a good one. The only two things in my main tank so far is the brittle star and acan colony. The star was not happy at all but the acans seem to be doing fine. Pics coming soon.

ok here are some pics of the new stuff I got today

My acan I put in my home tank

_MG_4861.jpg

the new HH that came out of the rock when I put it in cooler, moving water

_MG_4858.jpg

and the ones in the emergency tank. I dont even want to say what I had to use for light (but it works)

_MG_4862.jpg

_MG_4863.jpg

_MG_4864.jpg

_MG_4865.jpg

_MG_4866.jpg

_MG_4867.jpg

_MG_4868.jpg

Thats a good question. I picked it up from the LFS a while back. I have a nice huge colony going right now. Want a frag? I know I was going to send you a frag of the purple tri-color and possibly that large hydno so I will frag a couple of polyps and send tham too when we are ready. I got some 72 hour heat packs but I still need to order frag plugs.

Time to id my zoas lol

it was an emergency and I am trying to get most of the coral off the huge rocks and into my other tanks. I went out and bought a cheap halogen light just temporarily till my MH get here. I am just curious how they will do under it. It's a 150W a couple of feet above the tank. I know they arent the best and they will cause algae growth after a while but its all I could do last night.

Little baby mickey mouses!!!!

:lol:

I never even noticed that. I also found a ton more eggs. I am going to have conches out the *** soon. Also everyone says you cant really find stomas anywhere but the petco near me has tons of them all over their tanks. I never saw a price tag for them but they are all over the place.

Well I've gotten everything out of that tank but the hydno, leather and the random coral on the shroom rock. I need to frag it and see how it does in the LED tank. More pics now! :happy:

_MG_4872.jpg

_MG_4876.jpg

Archived