SaltCritters.com

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blizzardscout2

Nice Stingray! I am glad you had a good time AND your tanks are in good shape! Have you thought about getting your dive cert? It is really easy and would open up the world of what you could see on vacation. Oh and I just noticed the octupus, sweet find!

Thanks guys! I have been talking to my wife about getting dive certs and she hasntr said no yet lol.

Ribbie,

there were spiny urchins all over Tortola and St. Thomas. In St. Thomas I had to work hard to avoid them with the strong current.

The first two pics of post 278 were a lucky find. I saw a few rocks and just happened to see the fish duck into the hole. The sting ray was just sitting on the bottom when I saw it then I followed it for a bit recording it. The octopus was by far the luckiest find. I just happened to see it breathing and stopped to see what it was. I was supprised at how many jellyfish were in Castaway Cay. They were all over the bottom of the beach there. I dont think they were dangerous since I didnt hear anyone complaining and they stayed on the bottom all the time.

There was another octopus in St. Thomas but I was too busy trying to stay out of the fire coral and the current was pretty strong so the video I got was really shaky and the pics were out of focus.

It was pretty cool swimming with an entire school of squid in Tortola. They were about 8-10 inches long and moved pretty quick. When I kept my distance they just stayed in one spot swimming into the current. I also saw a stingray theytre but the water was too full of sand from the strong current.

I will get a nice vid together by tomorrow and upload it to youtube.

Thanks, it was an awesome trip. Even though almost the enitre family was there it was still a blast. You just cant go wrong with Disney ;) .

I ordered 2 frogspawn and a torch from Adam and they are almost here (Processed through Sort Facility, December 17, 2009, 7:08 am, COPPELL, TX 75099). I cant wait to pick them up this afternoon. The torch and one frogspawn is going in my office tank and the other frogspawn is going in my home tank.

I guess with the addition of these corral and the frag tank I should start a new thread for my office tank. Maybe next week I will. I only work 3 days next week so I will have plenty of time to work on my frag tank and get my office tank cleaned up some more. I was using purified water instead of RO and ended up slowly getting GHA all over the place. Maybe with the RO now I can get rid of it. I am also dosing Tech M magnesium to try to help some too.

My trip to the LFS isnt going to be cheap this weekend. I left the cyclop-eeze out and now its ruinned and the phyto feast and rodi feast are expired so pretty much I have to stock up on food for the tanks along with water for both work and home. I also have to get another dosing pump for the office tank for my ATO since the other way is just not efficient anymore. While I am at it I may as well get the tail spot blenny for my office.

wow man... the pics DO NOT do yer tank justice!

tank looks amazing ope!

I want moar!

Just peep'd the dive pics..... :o

I wanna go swimmin' in a fish store!!!!!!!!!

ok here is the video of my snorkeling on the cruise. It is very shaky because of the current and the weather. Also turn the volume down because I was too lazy to put music to it. I did the best I could lol.

No stars?

oh, oops, i knew i forgot something.... :slap:

it took me a minute but when I finally figured it out I laughed at your user name on youtube lol.

Ya... I thot it was HELLA funny.

:lol:

alotta people dont get what "goefursewf" really says.....it's wierd. :D

I wanted it to look like "go for self" but really be "go eff your self" :haha:

Im stupid. <_<

why do people put signs for their business on their vehicles then drive like idiots? I called the place and the idiot driver answered and when I said he shouldn't have waited till the last second to try to get into the lane he needed trying to cut me off he proceded to call me a discourtious yankee bastard. Then he hung up and called me back and called me that again. I dont understand why when people do stupid things then insist on blaming someone else for their stupidity and taking it out on others. I also dont understand why he called me a yankee. Was he trying to insult me by calling me that but in turn insulting yankees? I was born in Texas and lived most of my life here. How am I a yankee and why would he assume I am. Oh wait, he is an idiot. Never do business with "Rockin C Miniatures"! :rant:

Ok rant is over, back to reefing. Nothing to see here folks.

Thanks! The coral are very happy. I love them so much. The two at work completely change the look of the tank :happy: .

Oh yea, and that guy better watch himself or the reef mob may visit him. I know where he lives! mwahahahahahaha :ninja:

why do people put signs for their business on their vehicles then drive like idiots? I called the place and the idiot driver answered and when I said he shouldn't have waited till the last second to try to get into the lane he needed trying to cut me off he proceded to call me a discourtious yankee bastard. Then he hung up and called me back and called me that again. I dont understand why when people do stupid things then insist on blaming someone else for their stupidity and taking it out on others. I also dont understand why he called me a yankee. Was he trying to insult me by calling me that but in turn insulting yankees? I was born in Texas and lived most of my life here. How am I a yankee and why would he assume I am. Oh wait, he is an idiot. Never do business with "Rockin C Miniatures"! :rant:

Ok rant is over, back to reefing. Nothing to see here folks.

solution:

http://prankdialer.com/

Archived