SaltCritters.com

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I did some moving around this weekend, when I wasnt out of town or being attacked by wasps <_< . I got my frag tank back up and full of $5 purple tri-colors and a few monti caps. The main thing was my sand was getting too full so I wanted to move several frags out and clear up the sand bed. As soon as I did that and was happy with a cleaner looking tank I went to the LFS and accidentally got this

The owner of the lfs said it was sold ti him as a lobo but he wasnt convinced it was. A possitive id would be nice :)

IMG_1411.jpg

I also got a better pic of my sun corals :happy:

IMG_1401.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

looking spectacular opy!

i am still in love with that digi you have, its really grown since i last checked out your thread. that lps looks like a trachy brain to me, though i could be wrong there. hard to tell from that side shot of it. it could also be a wellso too. definitely some sort of brain. though im leaning more towards a trachy than a wellso.

love what cha got goin on here bud!

Thanks! The LFS guy said it looked like a trachy to him also. He just wasnt sure because it was sold to him as a lobo. I'll try to get a top-down shot with my underwater camera tonight before I start fragging my monti cap in the back and my hydno.

That digi has taken on a personality of its own. I fragged it not too long ago but now its growing too thick in areas and I cant get any good frags off it lol. I can wait though. I thought it was getting RTN a couple of weeks ago because a couple of spots were white with no polyps. I dont know why it did that but it colored up again the next day. If it had gottem worse I would have popped it off the rock so at least the base couold regrow but luckely it was just mad about something.

The lfs has a strict policy about not feeding corals and they got a few sun coral in a few weeks ago by mistake. I bought the one from them in the pic above pretty cheap because they needed to get rid of them but there was one left and it was receeding bad. Talking to the owner of the store about them I told him I'd buy them just to give them a good home and he just gave them to me :happy: . Now my wifes tank has sun corals B) . They opened up and got fed last night. We'll see how the smaller polyps do this week.

looking good buddy! congrats on 1 year!

lol I need to change that in my thread. One years was a few months ago. But thanks :happy: .

squirrelieygrrrl

suhweet! cant wait to see a better pic of it. though imo its definitely not a lobo. they tend to not be as fleshy as what youve got going on there, or at least from what i can tell.

if your ever down to do some trading id love to have a chunk of that stuff. furthermore if you can get a decent frag off of it. lulz. digis are difficult like that. ive got a pink one that has some pretty decent growth but i have the same prob, its so chunky i cant get a frag off of it. mine also has a smidge of RTN not sure why. might be because im nuking it with light. guess i gotta move it. montis are so finicky like that.

dude! total score on the sun coral. i had my lfs do the same thing with me a while back too. though mine didnt make it, too much recession to recover from. hopefully you have better luck with yours.

if your ever down to do some trading id love to have a chunk of that stuff. furthermore if you can get a decent frag off of it. lulz. digis are difficult like that. ive got a pink one that has some pretty decent growth but i have the same prob, its so chunky i cant get a frag off of it. mine also has a smidge of RTN not sure why. might be because im nuking it with light. guess i gotta move it. montis are so finicky like that.

I am always down for trading ;) . My one thing is they MUST be overnighted. Both times I sent sps priority by request of the other person they all died. I've fragged this orange digi several times but now that its growing in front of the k-nano its getting alot more dense lol. I give it a few more weeks and I'll be able to frag it again.

Sorry about your RTN. Are you able to dip it? I used revive coral cleaner on one of my SPS with RTN and it made a full recovery.

dude! total score on the sun coral. i had my lfs do the same thing with me a while back too. though mine didnt make it, too much recession to recover from. hopefully you have better luck with yours.

I think mine will be ok. Well the right side should be at least. It has several heads that are still somewhat connected and they all ate good last night. The smaller ones on the right side I can only blow small chunks of mysis towards and hope they eat. Worst case, half of them die.

squirrelieygrrrl
I am always down for trading ;) . My one thing is they MUST be overnighted. Both times I sent sps priority by request of the other person they all died. I've fragged this orange digi several times but now that its growing in front of the k-nano its getting alot more dense lol. I give it a few more weeks and I'll be able to frag it again.

Sorry about your RTN. Are you able to dip it? I used revive coral cleaner on one of my SPS with RTN and it made a full recovery.

I think mine will be ok. Well the right side should be at least. It has several heads that are still somewhat connected and they all ate good last night. The smaller ones on the right side I can only blow small chunks of mysis towards and hope they eat. Worst case, half of them die.

awesome! just lemme know. oh i only use overnight as well. seems so risky to use priority.

im a terribly reefer and never dip anything. i really think its just light stress, cuz i keep lowering the light to accommodate my new valadia. i just moved it to a less intense spot. so we will see if that helps.

sounds like your sun coral is in much better shape than the one i got. not a single polyp was still connected on the one i got. not to mention it woldnt eat for me, even when i dropped formula one pellets directly on the mouths. im sure yours will do just fine. ill keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Yea alot of them ate last night. A few I know arent going to make it but as long as most of them do I'm happy.

Pic updates! omgomgomg

if I only had a brain... wait, I do :happy: ! Is it a trachy?

IMG_1412.jpg

Pismos Hulk Acans

IMG_1413.jpg

My idaho grape monti cap

IMG_1414.jpg

This thing has crazy PE. This is my rainbow monti that I got at least a year ago. It looked like a superman forever.

IMG_1418.jpg

More of Pismos stuff :)

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

Mr. Fosi's nuke greens I got earlier this year

IMG_1421.jpg

and my crazy orange digi

IMG_1424.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry its been so long but I am currently in the middle of a couple of huge projects and have no time for posting -_- . I do have some updated pics of old and new stuffs though so I thought I'd update this thread at least lol.

Neon green birdnest (I think lol)

IMG_1457.jpg

Birdnest

IMG_1456.jpg

Red planet

IMG_1454.jpg

Bluish pocillopora (not very bluish in this pic though)

IMG_1453.jpg

Shade of fall acro (its what the guy that I got it from called it)

IMG_1450.jpg

My new sour apple monti cap

IMG_1466.jpg

Green Slimer (got stung by my frogspawn, the slimer is in the sand for now)

IMG_1436.jpg

New Oraborialis (picture does the color no justice at all)

IMG_1464.jpg

Newish Hawkins (picture does the color no justice at all)

IMG_1463.jpg

Newish monti (it's supposed to have purple polyps)

IMG_1471.jpg

Puple tri-color (the one that had red bugs and was half dead last year)

IMG_1444.jpg

Minefield cyphastrea

IMG_1441.jpg

A chalice Pismo sent. Pis, can you ID this?

IMG_1446.jpg

Ridrler favia

IMG_1461.jpg

Orange crush acans

IMG_1443.jpg

Duncans

IMG_1439.jpg

Shreck frogspawn

IMG_1460.jpg

Enjoy :happy:

Thanks guys! :happy: I got a superman monti from the LFS to try to save from its STN. The manager said he wants a frag of it when its healthy again, the rest is mine though lol.

Now back to work for me <_< .

• 1 year later...

OMG It's been so long since I've posted lol. I forgot I had some of these coral. After the crash last year I lost almost all my SPS and several LPS.

The frogspawn in the first post is growing like no other and I have to frag it at least twice a year. I still have the green slimer, duncans, that odd chalice from Pismo, the minefield cyphastrea, the purple tri-color (a small frag of it), both my purple and sour apple monti caps and a few others.

When my tank crashed the stupid Texas trash pallys took over so i sold all my rock and started over. That was an experience in itself. My house smelled like sewer for days and my wife almost killed me lol. Turns out when you remove rock after years of being there the crap under and between it release methane. We survived and I got new rock and covered it with SPS. My frogspawn is still in there on the back right and I have tons of other stuff too.

After the crash I switched from Kents nanop-reef to B-Ionic two part and add Kents Tech-M when I mix my water. Everything loves that stuff :happy: .

I'll try to post some pics when my lights come on.

Archived