ReefCleaners.org

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

pismo_reefer

:o

woooow! :eek:

Ive never seen that Grape chalice that clean! omgomgomg

The stuff is lookin great Ope!

(I'd move that green chalice up a few inches if at all possible, tho. ;)

Did that spongodes frag make it? :huh:

And did I send you that chalice that looked pale and rainbow-y?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea that urchin can really clean up... excpet he doesnt touch green turf algae. He leaves that for me to clean up <_< . Those weren't all the pics. There are still a couple of them that are in this tank. I put the zoas and other softies in the top secret tank since its stable and this one is filled with diatoms. The SPS dont seem to mind at all. They all still have PE but all the softies close up and dont open in here. Once the green chalice makes it back to the house it will be under LEDs and higher up. More pics coming soo thogh ;) .

Also the pic of the frogspawn doesnt do it justice at all. It is 4 head (one just split) and you used to be able to tell but now that its higher with a bit more flow and closer to the MH it looks awesome!

I ordered my Spectrapure RO/DI today! omgomgomg Not sure how long it takes to get here but I cant wait!

I get off early today so hopefully I can get some good pics and post them later today.

pismo_reefer

Thats a good deal...

Im waitin on mah large mag-rack to get here.....

I ordered it over a week ago... <_<

(but, I understand when people are busy, lolz)

Yea and I'm trying to get this order for you and Adam ready too. How on earth does 3 weeks go by so fast? lol With all these upgrades money and time is in short supply lol. Hopefully after this week it will be alot better.

Militant Jurist
I ordered my Spectrapure RO/DI today! omgomgomg Not sure how long it takes to get here but I cant wait!

I get off early today so hopefully I can get some good pics and post them later today.

I got this one for $150. When I saw the price I had to just do it.

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-appreciation.html

Sounds like the same one I ordered. It took quite a while for it to get to me. Something on the order of several weeks. I have a thread about it in the Vendor Feedback section. That reminds me, I still need to forward the one guy a copy of the email I got from one of his reps.

pismo_reefer
Yea and I'm trying to get this order for you and Adam ready too. How on earth does 3 weeks go by so fast? lol With all these upgrades money and time is in short supply lol. Hopefully after this week it will be alot better.

Trust me.... I understand that moar than anyone.

Im not trippin'. send the stuff when you can.

Just fyi tho, Im gonna be gone Wed. - Sun. @ SandMountain (4x'n ;) )

Then the following weekend I'll be @ M.A.X.

I is bizzy. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the same one I ordered. It took quite a while for it to get to me. Something on the order of several weeks. I have a thread about it in the Vendor Feedback section. That reminds me, I still need to forward the one guy a copy of the email I got from one of his reps.

Hopefully the December rush is over and they have more people now. I can wait 2 weeks and now that I know they wont email me until its ready to ship I wont get too worried. Thanks MJ.

Trust me.... I understand that moar than anyone.

Im not trippin'. send the stuff when you can.

Just fyi tho, Im gonna be gone Wed. - Sun. @ SandMountain (4x'n ;) )

Then the following weekend I'll be @ M.A.X.

I is bizzy. :rolleyes:

lol we seem to keep doing this to each other unintentionaly. But neither of us paid each other so I guess we cant complain about free. :happy: Let me know when you are getting back and I'll have everything ready by then and ship it. The one thing I was waiting on was the diatoms to go away so when I frag these they dont get over stressed.

I got my RKE! omgomgomg Scott over at DA helped me several times with some issues but most of them were user issues lol. Now I just need another SL2 and temp probe and a 50' cable to hook up the sea apple tank to the RKE. Then I will get the NET module.

I still have some diatoms but they are slowly going away. I left the lights off and it really helps so hopefully by this weekend I will have a normal tank again lol. I mean diatoms cant last 3 weeks in a mostly stable tank with a fuge can they?

Pis, besides the clam a couple of zoas dont look like they are doing too well. Everything else looks great but the zoas with the red skirts havent opened in a few days and they look like they are melting. There was one set of zoas that looked that was from day one but a couple of them seem to be trying to open this morning. They still look odd though. I'll get pics tomorrow. I think I took on a couple of large projects too quick and now cant get time to take many pics lol.

Ok after fighting the sump balance for 1.5 weeks now and my SG rising and falling I have an idea. I have plenty of acrylic left so I am going to make an overflow box to put around my drilled hole. That will keep my tank from dropping too much and it will keep my sump from pumping too much in. The fun part will be getting the box at the correct level. I am not exactly sure how this will turn out but I am very optimaistic. I will make it this week and install it this weekend during the next tank change. Good thing I have plenty of room in the first chamber.

The next thing to figure out is if I should fill all three chambers to the top and let the full tank overflow into the sump or leave chamber 2 and 3 half full. If I do that then the sump will control the ATO. The only problem with that is the Sump is a little lower than the ATO jug and there is risk of the ATO siphoning until the levels are equal. Maybe I will do like the other two tanks and just use a dosing pump for my ATO. It seems to work fine for the BC14 and my office tank. If I do that I can drill a small hole in the back of the stand higher than the ATO jug and have it drip down into the sump. I think I wil do that. I have a pump on the way so that works out nicely.

I have had a 2 day lights out to try to finish off all the brown diatom crap. This morning everything looked nice and clean so I think it will be fine today when the lights come on. All my corals are doing fine but I had to move a couple back in from the BC14 due to the red bugs and temp issue. The purple tri-color is now a white bi-color and the tennius is somewhat bleached also. I am hoping that the LEDs and a stable (somewhat) tank help. Good thing I didnt frag Pismos back then or it may have had the same problem.

That reminds me Pismo, the zoas you sent me are doing good except for two. The red skirt ones I posted pics of earlier have melted and one frag of zoas that never opened are now opening but they look odd. I think those will pull thrue fine though. I wonder what happened to the red one :huh: . But out of all the coral that you sent only the clam and one zoa didnt make it. Thats pretty darn good.

Yea, it makes me wish I made it a shallow sand bed. Adding new sand sux. We'll see in an hour how it does with lights on again. fingerscrossed

Beautiful tank! Loving that orange digi.

Thanks! I love it too. Now if I can keep it looking like that. I pointed one of my jets right at it to keep it thick and dense. I fragged it and put the frag in another tank but the flow was too low and it started stretching too much.

Thanks! Now I am trying to figure out why the brown algae crap is coming back. After a 2 day lights out it was all gone but this weekend it started coming back. Its not too bad but bad enough to make my sand look bad and keep some of my softies from opening up all the way. Maybe I need more Ceriths to stir the sand more.

lol its in my other tank. No pics yet due to Easter all weekend. Pics tonight I promice. On a similar note, my wife was so facinated by it she wants some in with her sea apple (that we are getting this next weekend omgomgomg )

I forgot to update so here goes.

I made a small overflow to control how much water drains into the sump. It was about a 2.5"x1"x5" acrylic overflow that I superglues to the back of the inside of chamber one. Other than a little gurgle every now and then it works perfect! I the entire top tank is now full and I had to do some major adjusting to my skimmer but it is now more quiet and still skimms nicely. Next weekend I will probly put a nice beed of silicone around it to seel up the edges but it works for now. I can now move my ATO to the bottom tank and not worry about that anymore. I am switching all my tanks to the "Tom Aquatics Aqua-Lifter Dosing Pump" for the ATO which seems to do excellent. It is self priming and never seems to have a problem. Since I am only using it for RO I dont even need the prefilter.

My RO/DI will be delivered tomorrow from Spectrapure! omgomgomg That was fast! I guess since the holiday rush is over and they got some more help it goes alot faster. I told my LFS that Saturday was the last day to buy water from them. They didnt seem too hurt but they know I'll be buying salt and supliments from them anyways lol.

thanks for coming by.

Archived