Pod Your Reef

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

Thats what I meant lol. They grow thicker so it takes longer for the branches to grow out. Of course I've already fragged mine once lol.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Thats a crazy story. I hooked up an air pump to help it out and when I unhooked it the skimmer was working fine. I scrubbed that thing so well but maybe I just missed something. More updates coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Needreefunds

Congrats on the Anni opy! :P

Thanks for the digi tips guys.

I have one coming soon... from Adam actually :P

Thanks NRF! Adam has some nice stuff. He sent me a few things a while back and they are doing great.

FragFrenzy.com

hey opy ur tank rocks man

Congrats on the Anni opy! :P

Thanks for the digi tips guys.

I have one coming soon... from Adam actually :P

actually good sir you have a couple coming soon... ;)

Thanks Adam. And the duncan I fragged for you now has 2 more heads lol. Total of 5 heads on it now. I gotta send it next week, its costing me money eating mysis every day :lol: .

Hopefully I will be updating my thread with pics soon. I've been busy beta testing the new MyReef 2.0 from Digital Aquatics. I like it so far but there are still bugs as with any beta software.

Needreefunds
Thanks NRF! Adam has some nice stuff. He sent me a few things a while back and they are doing great.

Yes he does. I finally pulled the trigger on some cool stuff. I was way overdue. :happy:

actually good sir you have a couple coming soon... ;)

:o

omgomgomg

:lol:

Good morning guys! Well after a long weekend of ripping rotted wood off my house then replacing it I got sick from all the crap I breathed in. I am back at work now and feeling a bit better. I figured I post my May project that I just finished. It needs one minor adjustment for flow but it is doing great so far.

Remember the sump that was too small for my BC29? Well I made a pico frag tank out of it. Here is the before and after shots. I even fragged a couple of things and moved a couple of small frags over there to see how they do. They are getting over run by zoas anyways lol. I put a nice LED light over it. I have to run that thing at 50% just to keep it from blinding me lol. 12 LEDs (6 white 6 RB) running off one Meanwell ELN-60-48D with no optics at all. I modded a 20" Satelite to fit the LEDs.

before

IMG_0294.jpg

after

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Nice little frags you've got in there!

Thanks! They opened up pretty quick after putting them in there. I will be adding several more this weekend... hopefully lol. I need to frag my digi and frag my hydno, slimer, tennius and tri-color a couple of more times then I will be throwing them in the livestock classifieds. I need to frag a zoa and see how it does too.

nanoreef-R

omgomgomg

There's something about neatly organized frags growing in frag tanks that I love!

I need a frag tank <_<

omgomgomg

I need a frag tank <_<

A frag tank should be more mandatoy than a quarantine tank... then again I dont even have one of those :P

happy 1 year opy! tank is lookin awesome, also diggin your frag tank... been thinkin about doin the same to my sump. just gotta find a light for it.

Thanks guys. I'll get some tomorrow but it was easy. I gutted it, used my band saw to cut it to fit that tank and the LEDs and heatsink are just sitting on the acrylic lol. I spent all of 20 minutes on the actual housing.

Dangit, I forgot to get pics. I am putting vynel siding around my eves and overhangs and haven't had time for pics unfortunately. But I will have time to put my new macro algae in my planted tank today omgomgomg . I will definately get pics of that :happy: . Once its up and running I'll start a new thread for it.

• 1 month later...

Not too much to update on this tank but I do have pics of my planted tank and a new FTS of this one and my BC14. I've been working ALOT lately and havent had time to keep my thread updated. But dont worry, I make time to keep my tanks. I do have a small ciano problem in two of them but thats nothing new lol.

BC29 FTS

IMG_1260.jpg

20L planted

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

BC14 FTS

IMG_1255.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well this tank has changed a little since the last pic. I fragged a few things and added a sun coral, another monti and a couple of other small things. I've also fragged several things. I am about to frag my purple tri-color again. I should have about ten 1" frags for $10 each and I need to frag my monti cap a few more times. I'd like to have about 20 or so different frags to sell locally so I can start paying for all my supplies out of that money. Hopefully soon my tank can start paying for itself lol.

I gotta get some updated pics. Maybe if I can get home early today I can get some. Well taking the pics isnt a problem, it's posting them that takes me forever lol. Here is one I posted in WL.

IMG_1381.jpg

Archived