Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Opy's BC29 Upgrade!

opy01

Nice! The tank is really coming along, I am glad you spaced the corals lol. The colors are really popping!

Those are some amazing animal photos! I want to go back to the Zoo :(

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pismo_reefer
Thanks! and I already planned on sending a frag of it along with other thing ;) .

:eek::oomgomgomg omgomgomg

Mine's not as nice as your new tank though. That thing is sexy!

Lemme just say this...

that has to be one of the best biocube scapes/coral placements that I've seen on here.

Normally it's just a pile-o-rock w. 5 or 6 oversized colonies,

or a randomly, WAY over thot aquascape w/ no REAL functionality.... <_<

but yers is AWESOME.

Perfect balance of color and proportion!

:D

Lemme just say this...

that has to be one of the best biocube scapes/coral placements that I've seen on here.

Normally it's just a pile-o-rock w. 5 or 6 oversized colonies,

or a randomly, WAY over thot aquascape w/ no REAL functionality.... <_<

but yers is AWESOME.

Perfect balance of color and proportion!

:D

Thanks man :happy: but I have to give my wife all the credit -_- . She scaped it and she told me where to put all the corals.

Ok I thought I escaped the stupid mini cycle from the new sand. But nooo now I have stupid diatoms all over my sand and on the lower rocks. It should be gone soon though. The only thing its effecting is my softies. My SPS and LPS dont seem to mind at all. The are all fully extended.

I started my hood mod this week and got the new fans in place. This time I listened to Pismo and drilled new fan holes to blow out creating a negative pressure. I may do the same on the BC14 soon. I will be cutting the heatsink to fit today and hooking the LEDs to the switches on top so while the LEDs are on I can shut either white or blue off if I want. I am also going to try to leave the drivers on 24/7 and just have the Reef Keeper shut the LEDs off with the dimmer to eliminate the flash at the end.

Also my sump seems to be leak free. I will be moving all my sand and macro over this weekend as well and plumbing it in. This will be the not so fun part lol. Pics coming this afternoon of all the mods and add-ons.

On a side note I fragged the duncans and they are all perfectly fine. I was really nervous about thos but they ended up being some of the easiest things to frag. The leathers on the other hand were very stressful on my and the leathers lol.

So you guys want pics? Here they are and barely any micro bubble. I will be removing the power heads once my sump is in to add more flow.

_MG_5423.jpg

NICE

Today my friend, today. I need to finish getting the sump swapped and plumbed and then... pics omgomgomg .

I got the LEDs in. I am a bit disapointed in the spread though. I ordered some different optics along with the replacement LED for the one that burned out. They should be here monday or tuesday. I will post pics of the upgrade with the macros :happy: .

ok I havent uploaded my pics but I have managed to flood my living room, put a hole in the wall and fill my tank with micro bubbles :rant: . The sump is too short and poured a gallon of water on the floor when I had the pump turned down. I will order new acrylic tomorrow and build a new one. Hopefully I can sell this one lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the bulb Pis, I emailed the guy.

ok I havent uploaded my pics but I have managed to flood my living room, put a hole in the wall and fill my tank with micro bubbles :rant: . The sump is too short and poured a gallon of water on the floor when I had the pump turned down.

LOL rookie. Sorry about that. It never occured to me to fyi you on that bad nature of the critter you deal with. But look at it like this. You are no longer as acrylicly challangezd as you were. Could a siphon break fix this w/o the need for a new sump?

Nope. I drilled this tank and it drains 3 gallons no matter what. I already have the acrylic for the new sump and it is being glued now. 2 out of 9 pieces are glued on so far. Maybe by this weekend I will have the rest on. Then I will go over each seam again with more glue to fill in more spots. I do need to find replacement syringes. I got some from CVS but they are closer to eye droppers than syringes. I had one that had a nice small tip but the glue killed it.

Cig lighter will clean the tips out. Heat it up red hot, push cement out. Presto cleano tipo.

Use this.http://cgi.ebay.com/Solvent-Cement-Applicator-WELD-4-Acrylic-Repair-/190364619403

Dont go using my protected info against me and go into the acrylic biznaz. :P

There's no way I'd do this for extra $$$. It's not worth it lol. It's not the tip that got messed up, its the rubber plunger inside. After about 4 or 5 uses it got harder and harder to move back and forth till it slowly decintigrated. I would have thought the first piece would be easier this time. No, I made a mess of the stupid seam. The second piece went alot nicer though lol. Maybe the third one I build... wait, there wont be a third lol. The bubble traps go in tonight then the deviding wall tomorrow.

Thanks for the link, that would have been perfect lol. Maybe I can find something like that bottle at a local hobby shop.

I hope you have room for all the stuff i sent you....

it's alot!

;)

:scarry:

:happy:

Here are a couple of pics to appease the angry mob

one of my hitch hikers :happy:

IMG_0306.jpg

top down view of my green ric (taken from under the water :P )

IMG_0317.jpg

my pink sponge... that my urchin pooped on <_<

IMG_0299.jpg

my too small sump/fuge. Maybe I'll sell it or make a frag tank out of it. It would make an awesome sump for a 10G tank.

The new one will be 2 inches wider, 2 inches deeper and 3 inches taller.

IMG_0294.jpg

pismo_reefer

That TOTALLY needs to be a "Frico"...

(Frag Pico)

And I really think I only sent 8 or 9 things this time... :lol:

Frico it is! I would love to paint the back wall, what do I use to paint it with that wont hurt anything? It's gonna be fun painting it inside the tank lol.

Now to figure out where to put it. May I'll put it at Pismos house :unsure: ...

pismo_reefer
Frico it is! I would love to paint the back wall, what do I use to paint it with that wont hurt anything?

Krylon Fusion is aquarium safe after its cured.

Now to figure out where to put it. May I'll put it at Pismos house :unsure: ...

I'd plumb that. :lol:

Not that I need another tank,

but there is this mantis shrimp @ the lfs.....

:P

jus kiddin Ope, I think u shuld make it a frag tank,

Or at least a decent qaurantine.

cant wait for that digi...

Archived