Coral Vue Hydros

Weeber's 12 Gallons of Sexy Awesomeness!

weeber

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
they get about 3 inches i think but i can get really tiny ones that would go in the tank but i dont think i will put them in there because they will eventually get to big i think and it would be a pain to catch them.

Ya Gobies are extremely fast!

I love your tank! Your frogfish is sweet!

thanks man

Good news i just got the new MH up and it looks awesome. I put three layers of porch screening over and am starting the photoperiod out at 3 hours. I will take a layer of screen of every week and increase the photoperiod 30 minutes every other day until i reach at least 9 hours or more. If u think i should change the way i am acclimating the corals to the light please let me know. Im uploading pics and a FTS so i will put up pics in a bit. :) However i did do one stupid thing and that was i forgot to take a before pic so i wont have a recent before and after pic. :(

animalmaster6
thanks man

Good news i just got the new MH up and it looks awesome. I put three layers of porch screening over and am starting the photoperiod out at 3 hours. I will take a layer of screen of every week and increase the photoperiod 30 minutes every other day until i reach at least 9 hours or more. If u think i should change the way i am acclimating the corals to the light please let me know. Im uploading pics and a FTS so i will put up pics in a bit. :) However i did do one stupid thing and that was i forgot to take a before pic so i wont have a recent before and after pic. :(

I suggest having 12 hrs or lighting

Can't wait for pics!

We have made livestock $400 because fish are a must in a reef tank IMO. Without fish I don't think it is even a reef...

You'll end up adding fish right?

I suggest having 12 hrs or lighting

Can't wait for pics!

We have made livestock $400 because fish are a must in a reef tank IMO. Without fish I don't think it is even a reef...

You'll end up adding fish right?

i was thinking on having about that long of a photoperiod because it is more like being on the equator.

With a $400 livestock limit i will almost certainly get a fish and maybe some bumblebee shrimps. :)

do u know what the equipment category includes meaning what falls under that category for the costs?

animalmaster6
i was thinking on having about that long of a photoperiod because it is more like being on the equator.

With a $400 livestock limit i will almost certainly get a fish and maybe some bumblebee shrimps. :)

do u know what the equipment category includes meaning what falls under that category for the costs?

All equipment is free except lighting is $250 baffle.

This is not definet but it's definetly a huge possibility! :)

animalmaster6
that is actually a nem and it is a flower nem that has been pretty well behaved. i love him and so do my sexies. :)

That nem is huge!

My Sexy loves my Purple Mushroom Rock.

I have some good news and that is that my neon green trumpet coral has to heads just begining to split. :D

also i have a very important question. it is, do lobos like high lighting?

animalmaster6
I have some good news and that is that my neon green trumpet coral has to heads just begining to split. :D

Congrats on the split!

I think Lobos need high lighting. Not sure though...

Congrats on the split!

I think Lobos need high lighting. Not sure though...

thats wat im thinkin but i ask because it is in the midlevel of the tank but is very exposed to the light and also this morning it seems to be sticking out its guts just a bit out of its mout and other places.

bump i still would like an answer to my question even though the lobo is looking better. :)

well my lobo is still not looking the best espesially when the lights first turn on and it looks very shrunk up with not a lot of extension. so please if u might no why let me know. im thinking it might be my salinity or some other water chemistry but im not sure. also i have an update on the tank and that is i found my second asterina (spelling) starfish of the week. i took it out imeadiatly even though most people think they are good. i had a bad experience with them munching on zoas and olyps in my larger tank so im not gonna risk it.

animalmaster6
well my lobo is still not looking the best espesially when the lights first turn on and it looks very shrunk up with not a lot of extension. so please if u might no why let me know. im thinking it might be my salinity or some other water chemistry but im not sure. also i have an update on the tank and that is i found my second asterina (spelling) starfish of the week. i took it out imeadiatly even though most people think they are good. i had a bad experience with them munching on zoas and olyps in my larger tank so im not gonna risk it.

I found an Asternia recent;y...

I found an Asternia recently...

Actually, I don't believe Lobo's do need a lot of light.

Try putting it on the bottom and in slightly lower flow, and see what happens.

I think most ppl keep Lobos on their sandbed.

Archived