Cultivated Reef

Weeber's 12 Gallons of Sexy Awesomeness!

weeber

thanks naobuds. :) wats up with the new avatar?

dose any body know how to put a link on ur sig for ur tank thread and then put a pic u can click on for the thread?

heh heh... long story. makeshift lounge dares lol

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful! You're an amazing photographer... those are so clear!

Those looks like PPE, under higher light conditions they get those white speckles that you are seeing. I'm surprised the yasha hasn't become lunch for the angler and the lion. Good Luck.

thanks a lot otter

and Knot hard they are deffinatly noy ppe's because in the lfs they were under pc's and thats wat their under in my tank and the yasha is still alive because i dony have the lion and frogfish any more they were in my first tank which is dead like them. :(

Great looking wellso, too bad you had to get rid of it :(

as for those polyps, they look like speckled mush palys, but im not sure...if Im right, then you still got them pretty cheap!

Great looking wellso, too bad you had to get rid of it :(

as for those polyps, they look like speckled mush palys, but im not sure...if Im right, then you still got them pretty cheap!

thanks it is a shame i had to get vrid of it but it was just to big for my tank. on the bright side i got a pep shrimp wen i went to return the brain coral hopefully he'll eat my many aptaisia crossing my fingers. fingercrossed

pics tonight of the pep shrimp and a NEW FTS!!! :)

This morning i discover my starfish had a wound on one of his arms and since then it seems to be getting worse. :o wat could be causing this is it my new pep shrimp?

Could be, or most likely an acclimation problem.

yah but this is his 4th day in the tank and he had no problems until this morning.

yah but this is his 4th day in the tank and he had no problems until this morning.

thans espresso but i need my question answered. :)

hmmm..... this happened to my old chocolate chip star in my old tank when my salinity was too low... check your water params

It could still be an acclimation problem even though its been four days. You have to drip acclimate star fish.

I am sorry to have to tell you this...

Depending on how long its been at the wholesaler/lfs before you bought it it could also be that you are facing the tail end of a death spiral on the star fish. Take a close look at the central disk. If it looks sunken or flat as opposed to puffy it means that the star fish is starving to death and at death's door.

99% of star fish are not recommended for nano tanks and are not recommended for people who are not at the 'expert level' in most cases due to their care requirements. There are rare exceptions of course but as noted they are rare. Keep a very close eye on the star fish as odds are its going to develop a larger wound or more wounds and eventually you will have to pull it out before it dies someplace where you can't get to it and causes a spike in your tank.

If you are really keen on having one the only star fish that can survive in a nano or system that isn't catering to its particular feeding needs is a serpent star. They will need to be fed however. Usually bits of silverside or krill once or twice a week will do the trick. Do not get one that is green or that has spikes on its legs as they are active predators and will hunt your fish. The others are also predatory in nature but are more opportunistic than dedicated hunters so if they are well fed and on a regular schedule then they should not go after your fish.

Copy your thread link

And post it inbetween this

Then so to user cp, select signature options

Paste & your good to go

It could still be an acclimation problem even though its been four days. You have to drip acclimate star fish.

I am sorry to have to tell you this...

Depending on how long its been at the wholesaler/lfs before you bought it it could also be that you are facing the tail end of a death spiral on the star fish. Take a close look at the central disk. If it looks sunken or flat as opposed to puffy it means that the star fish is starving to death and at death's door.

99% of star fish are not recommended for nano tanks and are not recommended for people who are not at the 'expert level' in most cases due to their care requirements. There are rare exceptions of course but as noted they are rare. Keep a very close eye on the star fish as odds are its going to develop a larger wound or more wounds and eventually you will have to pull it out before it dies someplace where you can't get to it and causes a spike in your tank.

If you are really keen on having one the only star fish that can survive in a nano or system that isn't catering to its particular feeding needs is a serpent star. They will need to be fed however. Usually bits of silverside or krill once or twice a week will do the trick. Do not get one that is green or that has spikes on its legs as they are active predators and will hunt your fish. The others are also predatory in nature but are more opportunistic than dedicated hunters so if they are well fed and on a regular schedule then they should not go after your fish.

thanks for the info wat should i do with it when it dies like where should i put it?

• 3 weeks later...

ok i just got back from my VACATION :D and im gonna put up an update in a few days wen i pickup my corals from reefgardener :o and i got a PICO AQUARIUM!!!!!!!!

I am starting a poll to see wat fish i should get and the contestants are the Dracula goby vs. the Hi-fin goby. im startin this poll because i cant decide the main reason peoples start polls. So please vote. :)

can i change my vote to the dracula?

im not sure how to do that so ill just use my vote and vote for dracula goby. :)

duckiesforever

damn u FOUND polyps at the beach :o

r they still doing ok? what kind of treatment do u have to do for that?

and dracula ftw

Archived