Pod Your Reef

Weeber's 12 Gallons of Sexy Awesomeness!

weeber

well not totally at the beach but at my local inlet called hillsborough inlet which has a very healthy ecosystem full of zoas and fish found around the rock jettie and the new artificial reef 200 yards off the shore.

i dont do much wen i collect the zoas just scrub the alage off and examine them. im postin pics of some of the prettiest zoas ive found yet tonight. :)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i got some new corals today one of which is a rainbow yuma for 30 BUCKS!!! the problem is its not to healthy and i got a nother project coral which is a blasto which has two small polyps. ill try to get some pics and an fts up tonight. :) and please vote i want u to vote. :)

• 3 weeks later...

well i know that the dracula goby won but i would like to have some input from somebody who has or has had a dracula goby or even better both fish because i resently heard that the dracula goby is an aggressive fish. and i just got back from a vacation and my tank was dirty but the coral grew majorly although my yuma that was a project coral died but i think the blasto will make it. :)

well i know that the dracula goby won but i would like to have some input from somebody who has or has had a dracula goby or even better both fish because i resently heard that the dracula goby is an aggressive fish. and i just got back from a vacation and my tank was dirty but the coral grew majorly although my yuma that was a project coral died but i think the blasto will make it. :)

ok so i would like to have some comments on the paragraph above and also I GOTZ NEW CORALS which are four heads of neon green candycane coral for 15 bucks. Im excited about these guys they had some nice hitchhicker which are a purple shroom and an unidentified sps. I also got a head of hammer coral for the same price. :) pics of them tomorrow

well again i got lazy and forgot to get pics up some im downloading them now so im thinkin i might get a green banded goby for the tank instead of a dracula goby or a hi-fin goby because i like them and i shouldnt have to deal with aggresion and a quick question, my nitrites and ammonia are high and im feeding every other day so wat should i do to lower them? :)

Cool tank, green banded gobies are awesome but short lived, 1 - 2 years. Sounds like you are cycling again. I didn't read everything in post so not sure what you have in there, but don't add anything until it all settles down. If you currently have livestock i would be changing water small and frequently.

thanks guys i still have problems with my ammonia and nitrites and my zoas and palys are slowly disintagrating could this be the culpret and if so what is a fast way to lower the ammonia and nitrites. if you think somthing else may be afecting my zoas and palys then tell me antell me how to fix it but i would still like to know how to fix my ammonia. :)

• 2 weeks later...

well to help lower my nitrates and ammonia i would like to get a protien skimmer and was woundering if anybody has any suggestions for a skimmer i can use in the AP 12 that will fit in the tank or a hang on the back skimmer that is compatible. :)

• 2 months later...

I am going to start this thread back up. the reason this thread was inactive for so long was because my tank was doing really bad due to a nitrogen cycle and i lost many corals so i kind of lost hope in the tank. But since then that has changed and my tank is doing better. :)

I did a huge water change and cleaning about 2 months ago and took out all dead and dying corals to hopefully put an end to what they call a nitrogen cycle which was wat was killing all of my corals. Now my tank is on the road to recovery and it is doing good but sadly i lost some nice corals luckily my plate coral and some others i like survived. :) I still to this day do not know wat started the nitrogen cycle and when it started but at my best guess the cycle was going on for at least 2 months before i fixed it. :( i will post pics of the corals lost and NEW CORALS and FISH in a bit!!!!! :)

animalmaster6
I am going to start this thread back up. the reason this thread was inactive for so long was because my tank was doing really bad due to a nitrogen cycle and i lost many corals so i kind of lost hope in the tank. But since then that has changed and my tank is doing better. :)

I did a huge water change and cleaning about 2 months ago and took out all dead and dying corals to hopefully put an end to what they call a nitrogen cycle which was wat was killing all of my corals. Now my tank is on the road to recovery and it is doing good but sadly i lost some nice corals luckily my plate coral and some others i like survived. :) I still to this day do not know wat started the nitrogen cycle and when it started but at my best guess the cycle was going on for at least 2 months before i fixed it. :( i will post pics of the corals lost and NEW CORALS and FISH in a bit!!!!! :)

Great! Is it true u had an anglerfish and lionfish in here? I would think 12 Gallons is too small.

Great! Is it true u had an anglerfish and lionfish in here? I would think 12 Gallons is too small.

it was not in this tank but in my first tank that i had. i thought i would just share those pics of my fav fish. :)

animalmaster6
it was not in this tank but in my first tank that i had. i thought i would just share those pics of my fav fish. :)

Ahhh. I LOVE anglers! One of my all time fav fish!

PICS!!!

here are some of the corals that died. :(

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

this one might make it because it is still a little speck of flesh left that looks like it is growing. Still if it lives i will call it the toughest coral EVAR

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0864.jpg

this was a sweet SPS that came on my trumpet corals that looked like it could have been a sunset monti but it died. :(

DSCN0867.jpg

2 of my 3 sexy shrimp died but i got 2 new ones.

DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

the orange polyps on this piece died but the gsp lived.

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

P5230005.jpg

i will post pics of the corals that made it on another post soon. :)

and here are the ones that surived plus new corals. :D

my yasha

P3130099.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

my new McCosker's flasher wrasse who is doing great. :)

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

and the corals.

IMG_0178.jpg

this is a a palyotha grandis that i found at the local inlet as one poly and is now 4. this is a pretty rare find in the wild here.

DSCN1043.jpg

DSCN1041.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

these are much more bleached but are coming back.

DSCN0829.jpg

a semi recent FTS i will get a better one tomorrow.

IMG_0123.jpg

Archived