Innovative Marine Aquariums

Weeber's 12 Gallons of Sexy Awesomeness!

weeber

animalmaster6

It couldn't go on the rocks because my Royal Gramma would scare it off if it did. Mine just hopped around on the glass. Alsmost never touched the ground. He rested on my wavemaker.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
So I finally decided to start a tank thread. I've been in the hobby for about 5 years but i only started to care for my own tank for about two years. I started careing for my own tank with a 14 gallon Biocube with a green frog fish and a small lionfish. after about a year they both died :( but i decided to start a nano reef. It lasted one year and was goin great until it got some scratches on the glass. Being a noob I thought the tank was acrylic so i bought acrylic scratch remover and it requiered that u sand the the acrylic first so i had tones of scratches after that. So for this christmas i got a new Aquapod 12 and it is set up and going smoothly to this day.

Here's some pics:

Frogfish

PICT2091.jpg

lionfish (was and still is one of my fav fish)

PICT2094.jpg

Now to the current tank

My brain coral

DSCN0545.jpg

My leather coral

P8270004.jpg

Zoanthids still need id's got all of these at the beach

P8050005.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

Sexy shrimp on my brown polyps

P2070034.jpg

My rics in my ric garden

DSCN0598.jpg

P1250007.jpg

My conch

PC300023.jpg

My superman mushies their more blue now.

P1060012.jpg

My Yasha goby

P3130099.jpg

African xenia?

DSCN0600.jpg

My blawk fish i think he is part hawkfish and part blenny he passed like a week ago R.I.P :(

P1090022.jpg

P2220066.jpg

Current crappy FTS

DSCN0642.jpg

I hope u enjoy! :)

Excellent and IMPRESSIVE. Well done.

Excellent and IMPRESSIVE. Well done.

thanks that means alot comin from u i love ur tank. i hopefully have an update tomorrow. :fingerscrosed:

• 4 weeks later...

i know pics are long over due and i plan on getting them up soon. on another note i got a lot of new corals including some really nice zoanthids from my local inlet. also i have abit of a new rock scape. the reason i have not been so good with pics is because the last time i promised an update i had a really important project due and then soon after that i broke my thumb and it became difficult to maintain the tank and take pictures. i got my cast off today and am ready to update i just need to upload pics. :)

hurricanefan1281

you mean you got corals from your local inlet with your friend... ME! :D cant wait to get those zoanthids!!

i know pics are long over due and i plan on getting them up soon. on another note i got a lot of new corals including some really nice zoanthids from my local inlet.

i will try to post some pics tonight. but on another note i found the crispy carcass of my flasher wrasse that apparently had jumped. :(

Such a cool fish, make a lid for the next one?

yah he was cool but i dont think i will get another instead i was thinking of getting a pair of green banded gobies and one trimma or eviota goby. i will still make a top if i can.

• 3 weeks later...

well tomorrow i am going to pick up a pair of mini dart gobies from the lfs. at first i was a little apprehnsive of getting them because i couldnt keep up with the constant feeding but after asking the lfs to hold them for until they got them eating i kinda had to get them. but some good news is that they are surviving at the lfs with two feedings a day but on most days im only gonna be able to feed them once. :o

I'm surprised you were able to get an LFS to get them for you, let alone get them eating. That's great. For some reason none of the LFSs I've asked have been willing to order any tiny gobies.

What are you planning to feed them? Are they really picky?

I'm surprised you were able to get an LFS to get them for you, let alone get them eating. That's great. For some reason none of the LFSs I've asked have been willing to order any tiny gobies.

What are you planning to feed them? Are they really picky?

well actually i didnt ask them to get anything but they ordered some and they just got there a little bit before i did. i guess i have good timing. :) i plan on feeding them cyclop-eeze because that is what the lfs is feeding them.

ask wombat or dave, maby you could use a auto feeder.

i have read the thread about these gobies that dave and matt talk about them on but i dont think i can afford the hassel and cost of most feeders although if i get them to eat those micro pelets out there i can use a cheap auto feeder.

the gobies have been doin good and they are both out and active. one is a little skinny. they are both eating a little cyclop-eeze and i am only fedding them once a day but with lots of food and mulitiple times in each feeding. pics as soon as possible but that probably wont be for awhile because school is putting on the work load. :(

well thats good to hear weeber. Im hoping for the best and maybe you could share your techniques with me im thinking of picking up a few for my tank.

well thats good to hear weeber. Im hoping for the best and maybe you could share your techniques with me im thinking of picking up a few for my tank.

i think your better off consulting with Matt or Dave fason on these fish because my method is just to feed them and hope for the best. where as matt and dave have some knowledge about the fish.

Archived