inTank Media Baskets

Uhuru's NPS Elos Mini

Uhuru

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understandable with the constant feedings. That's why I already ordered the parts for the my mini chiller. I thought about your wine cooler idea but had no room in the stand. From what I saw at home depot and lowes for wine chillers. I'll post pics of the coke can cooler when its done. So far I got the phtyo chrom by brightwell, oyster eggs, cyclops, and microvore. Which it seems to devour it all. Anyway still tagging along. keep it up.

Uhuru - This is my favorite tank online. You have me thinking of setting up a small tank connected to my main system once I get the new one set up.

You should see if you can find a few small gobies that pair with the dendronephlya.

Anyways the tank looks 100x better with the ozone. Keep it up!

-Dave

P.S - I may be doing a DIY ozone reactor and carbon. I'll let you know!

Thanks for the compliments! Dave - yeah make sure you document the DIY reactor build, I'm gonna use ozone for my big tank too. The aquamedic is too small for that one (300g total volume).

I have been fine tuning the dosing amount with the kalk/food reactor so that the food in there doesn't spoil but there is just enough to last 24 hrs. This is after injecting 10mL of food mix:

DSC02833.jpg

This is 24 hrs. later:

DSC02832.jpg

Today I injected 15mL, we'll see if that clears in 24 hrs.

Some of my LPS:

_MG_9932.jpg

Awesome! :)

I just had my guy price me for 3" OD 1/4" Cast Acrylic tube 13" long for $22. I have some left over acrylic to build the bottom/top and I'll just have to buy a few fittings and bio balls and bamb! I found a used shorty reactor that I could not pass up on RC for 40 bucks!

If this one turns out ok, let me know if you want me to build one for you.

Thanks again for all your help.

-Dave

Awesome! :)

I just had my guy price me for 3" OD 1/4" Cast Acrylic tube 13" long for $22. I have some left over acrylic to build the bottom/top and I'll just have to buy a few fittings and bio balls and bamb! I found a used shorty reactor that I could not pass up on RC for 40 bucks!

If this one turns out ok, let me know if you want me to build one for you.

Thanks again for all your help.

-Dave

Haha I saw that one and was about to tell you! That's a good deal I paid $70 for mine after shipping. For the DIY do you plan to make it so you can open it and clean it?

Yep, I will have the top part come apart. I just need to find a gasket that is ozone safe. It will look like a kalk reactor but function as a ozone reactor for a fraction of the price. I may look into different material instead of bioballs but if I dont find anything I will just use those.

Do you have any ideas?

-Dave

Do u have any fish in this tank and if not u should add some deepwater fish like a ORA yellow assessor and a helfrihi firefish and maybe a sunburst anthias. Ur tank has inspired me to start my own deepwater NPS tank. :)

Yep, I will have the top part come apart. I just need to find a gasket that is ozone safe. It will look like a kalk reactor but function as a ozone reactor for a fraction of the price. I may look into different material instead of bioballs but if I dont find anything I will just use those.

Do you have any ideas?

-Dave

I know that EPDM gaskets are safe. Other than bioballs the other thing I've seen used is PVC shavings.

Do u have any fish in this tank and if not u should add some deepwater fish like a ORA yellow assessor and a helfrihi firefish and maybe a sunburst anthias. Ur tank has inspired me to start my own deepwater NPS tank. :)

I have thought about those, but I don't want anything that might jump since I refuse to put a cover on this tank. I was very very tempted to get a sunburst, actually ordered one from DD a while back and it literally froze in shipment. They didn't put any heat packs in with it and the temp outside was in the 30's! What were they thinking? I might try a pair or something in my big tank. I do like that fish a lot. Anyway I have a frogfish coming next week and that will be the only fish in the tank.

Here is a new stylish pic I just took as I learn how to use this camera!

_MG_0012.jpg

Look forward to seeing your NPS tank build... it's quite a challenge so if you have any questions ask ask ask! There's the NPS forum on RC as well.

I was very very tempted to get a sunburst, actually ordered one from DD a while back and it literally froze in shipment.

Woooowww. That's pretty wierd.

A sunburst would look nice though..

I don't know about puffers so can't say there... a fire shrimp would be ok EXCEPT be prepared to get very frustrated by the fact that it will steal a lot of food from your corals. It won't actually eat the corals but it can cause them to close up and not want to open. Fish can do that too. Some people deal with it, personally I am much happier without any food stealing shrimp or fish in my tank. I have a bunch of nassarius snails, pods and worms that clean up the leftovers.

Archived