Top Shelf Aquatics

Uhuru's NPS Elos Mini

Uhuru

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long time reader first time poster. Great tank ! Pushing the evelope and being successful ! Greta job ! Since you have that Cannon camera , how about some macros of your tiger sponge and the crionid ? :D

Long time reader first time poster. Great tank ! Pushing the evelope and being successful ! Greta job ! Since you have that Cannon camera , how about some macros of your tiger sponge and the crionid ? :D

Thanks! I can try to take some more macros this week.

that is one of the nicest tanks i have seen, NPS are stunning

Thanks! I hope more reefers with some experience behind them take on NPS corals, so in the future there will be more corals and better products developed to make things easier.

Franco the froggy is doing great! I am still working on getting him to eat frozen. He's showing some interest, took a bite of a silverside yesterday, but he still strongly prefers live food. I don't use feeder shrimp anymore they die too easy. I am using SW feeder fish, they are very hardy so I keep a separate tank with about 20 of them, feed them couple times a day and they are happy (until they get eaten).

Great tank!

Your LFS sells SW feeder fish? or are they guppies/mollys acclimated to salt water?

Can you take a FTS close up so its easier to see detail

Great tank!

Your LFS sells SW feeder fish? or are they guppies/mollys acclimated to salt water?

Can you take a FTS close up so its easier to see detail

No I order them from aquaculture-store.com. I don't know what they are to be honest. They do look like FW fish acclimated to SW. All I know is they are extremely hardy. I had them shipped priority mail, regular box (no insulation other than newspaper) - and it was 0 - 10 deg. F. They were left on my front porch and by the time I got home they were covered in snow. I opened the box, the water was very cold, but every single one of the fish survived. By the next day they were eating like pigs. I have only lost 1 so far due to jumping. The main issue people have with ordering live food is the shipping. No longer a concern with these guys.

Previously I ordered 100 shrimp and within 2 weeks I had like 10 left, it was such a waste of money.

Yeah, I'd love an FTS so I can see the individual corals better. How any new additions are there?

Yeah I got a couple of new gorgs, actually one was huge and I had to frag it into 4 pieces. I'll get a straight on FTS soon. You can actually see this one in pretty good detail if I keep it full size but the file size would be huge.

Previously I ordered 100 shrimp and within 2 weeks I had like 10 left, it was such a waste of money.

I feel your pain, I ordered some of those SW ghost shrimp from aquaculture store for my cuttlefish and a TON of them died.

you got a pic of the frogfish?! :D

i wanna see

There's a pic of him a couple of pages back... he's not the most photogenic. Looks much cooler in person, but a black fish in a dimly tank is hard to capture well. He has really taken a liking to my Menella gorg (the one with the yellow polyps). He hangs out in there most of the time. I wonder if he likes the yellow because he has yellow spots all over himself, and he thinks it camouflages him the best.

Phishy is going to make me broke! I'm actually setting up another tank next to this one Mike. It's a 65g ADA with built in overflow. It's going to be connected to this tank but I'm not sure if I will add any NPS yet, as the theme is much different. Build thread is in my sig below.

Phishy is going to make me broke! I'm actually setting up another tank next to this one Mike. It's a 65g ADA with built in overflow. It's going to be connected to this tank but I'm not sure if I will add any NPS yet, as the theme is much different. Build thread is in my sig below.

I know, I have been watching them daily. Looking for a few specialy pieces. I thought about pulling the trigger and spending 1K at Cherry.

I will be following that thread also.

Mike

Archived