SaltCritters.com

Nanoty's 90g Mixed Reef

nanoty

Blue crabs should be boiled only... silly Texans.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P

Tank is looking good Ty ... 90G club ... now for the SPS frags. :D

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

Great stuff ty, looking good. Blue claws? :o

...mmmm crabs. A couple cages off the stern, one off the bow...drop lines off both sides ...dip net in hand- sun on your face-warm breeze- good tunes on the radio- just chillaxin'

coolers full of beers and sammies...waves jusss lappin the side of the boat.. pull em up slow scoop 'em all day- fill up the bushel. Scoop free-bees off the pilings on the way back into the dock.

get home, fire up the grill. ahh. Old bay, more beer, pot full of crabs, another full of corn. more beer nomnomnom

B)

hey, sell me your toadstool.

;)

Yeah, and you can deal with my wife. ;)

You got to be kidding me? You BBQ Blue Crabs? Havn't you ever heard of Old Bay? You must be some sort of pinko-communist!!!!!!

Tank still looks nice though :D

They are called BBQ but they are actually deep fried. A long time ago they used to be BBQd on top of an old 55g drum. You don't know what your missing.

Blue crabs should be boiled only... silly Texans.

Oooooor "BBQed"

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P

Tank is looking good Ty ... 90G club ... now for the SPS frags. :D

::taps foot waiting on Glenn::

Thanks btw.

Great stuff ty, looking good. Blue claws? :o

...mmmm crabs. A couple cages off the stern, one off the bow...drop lines off both sides ...dip net in hand- sun on your face-warm breeze- good tunes on the radio- just chillaxin'

coolers full of beers and sammies...waves jusss lappin the side of the boat.. pull em up slow scoop 'em all day- fill up the bushel. Scoop free-bees off the pilings on the way back into the dock.

get home, fire up the grill. ahh. Old bay, more beer, pot full of crabs, another full of corn. more beer nomnomnom

B)

I see you are familiar in the art of crabbing/beer drinking. You should come down and hang. :D

glennr1978

I'll cut up some more frags tomorrow. do you want them mounted or unmounted?

my purple plasma frags are already mounted btw.

I'll cut up some more frags tomorrow. do you want them mounted or unmounted?

my purple plasma frags are already mounted btw.

Hmmm, I suppose unmounted if I have the choice. I had hell getting my torch off the huge ass plug and broke a head off in the process.

glennr1978
Hmmm, I suppose unmounted if I have the choice. I had hell getting my torch off the huge ass plug and broke a head off in the process.

i prefer my frags unmounted too. i can probably get the package shipped out tomorrow if you're cool with the frags being fresh cut.

i prefer my frags unmounted too. i can probably get the package shipped out tomorrow if you're cool with the frags being fresh cut.

I am cool with it :D lol ... I want some Purple Plasma too!!!

I have to work the rest of the week but should be home around 4 or 5. I wonder what time they will deliver, if its later and they leave it on the porch it should be out of the sun and its been 80deg for weeks here.

glennr1978
I am cool with it :D lol ... I want some Purple Plasma too!!!

lol, i'll be posting a thread in a week or so. i'll have 4 pp frags available.

I have to work the rest of the week but should be home around 4 or 5. I wonder what time they will deliver, if its later and they leave it on the porch it should be out of the sun and its been 80deg for weeks here.

this is getting confusing, lol. you've got pm.

lol, i'll be posting a thread in a week or so. i'll have 4 pp frags available.

this is getting confusing, lol. you've got pm.

Gotcha

glennr1978
Gotcha

i just got an error message stating that i can't send anymore pm's until may 6th at 12:00am. wierd. i've been put on a 4 minute timeout??

i just got an error message stating that i can't send anymore pm's until may 6th at 12:00am. wierd. i've been put on a 4 minute timeout??

I've heard a lot of that going around. Must be a bug, can't be too many people pming this late.

tanks looking good Ty. Whats left in the breeder?

Lol, not much. About 30lbs of lr with a few palys and zoas I dont have a place for, my huge turbos and my YWG and pistol I'm trying to figure out how to catch.

baited soda bottle?

how many palys/zoas are you/we talking about....Eh?

baited soda bottle?

how many palys/zoas are you/we talking about....Eh?

Just a couple small zoa frags and some ugly palys stuck on huge LR pieces, lol.

Thinking mini harpoon for the YWG and pistol.

Paleoreef103
Anyone have any ideas on catching a 3lb sally-lightfoot crab?

Yeesh! You ever catch it? Also Torch? Frogspawn? Both Euphyllia. Doesn't really matter in my mind.

Yeesh! You ever catch it? Also Torch? Frogspawn? Both Euphyllia. Doesn't really matter in my mind.

No, not yet. It doesn't really bother anything that I've seen, just creeps me out. Totally unatural movement for a damn crab. I also may have slightly exaggerated on the weight. ;)

if it was really 3#'s I would come and get it myself :D

careful with the mini harpoon, you might end up cracking the bottom of the tank and woosh! beach floor.

if it was really 3#'s I would come and get it myself :D

careful with the mini harpoon, you might end up cracking the bottom of the tank and woosh! beach floor.

If it was 3lbs I would have already made the gumbo.

Nah, I use blunt tip mini harpoons just to stun them. What do you think I am, an animal?

Son of a #####. So I finally get a chiller and my temp is staying under 81 all day and now one of the leathers is pissed off and of course its the biggest one. The base almost looks like its dying while others a few feet away look great.

Pissed off one.

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

A foot and a half away.

IMG_8281.jpg

WTF is going on?

gulfsurfer101

I've been having the same thing happen to me fruckinwierdhuh. Glenn you should let me go over this weekend and let me get some first dibs on what you got going up. I have monies man and I still haven't seen you baby girl yet. Ty didn't you just buy a 75br, what are your plans for that, I wanted to start one up but since I got the 40br for practically frags I figure I can put the 75 on hold.

I've been having the same thing happen to me fruckinwierdhuh. Glenn you should let me go over this weekend and let me get some first dibs on what you got going up. I have monies man and I still haven't seen you baby girl yet. Ty didn't you just buy a 75br, what are your plans for that, I wanted to start one up but since I got the 40br for practically frags I figure I can put the 75 on hold.

Sold the 75g yesterday. Someone is looking at the 40 breeder but if it doesn't sell I might use it for a frag tank. Still have the damn 15g though, no one wants it either.

Well things are still chugging along. I am having a little problem with low alk but I'm working on it with Kent Tech CB. A few of my corals looked pissed and some look great. The ones having the problems are the candy canes which don't seem to be fully extending and some of the leathers which are having horrible melting problems. Also the nem is pissed and starting to walk all over the place but that's been going on since day one.

Anyways, hopefully I can get it under control. I start back to school tomorrow so I need to make some time for some tank love.

Archived