ReefCleaners.org

Nanoty's 90g Mixed Reef

nanoty

holy smokes... that's cool that the ywg paired up. I wanna sell my pistol hes a total jackass.

Yeah the pistol was cool for about a week, now just a pita.

Sorry I missed your post Ty. This is how you make a $10 kalk dripper.

Its super easy to do, all you have to do is get a small tupperware container, or a rubbermaid, one that will fit across the top of your sump and rest on each side of the sump. You then need an off/on valve like those that are used on RO/DI systems, they sell them at home depot or lowes for like $2.00 This way you can easily control the drip. Make a little hole in one of the lower sides of the container and insert the valve, then silicone it in.

We mix 5 scoops of kalkwasser to roughly 5 gallons of fresh water here at the shop, then fill up your tupperware and set the drip. A drip every couple seconds would be a good place to start, test a lot until you figure out your dose though.

If your tank is using more fresh water for top off than kalk, then mix your kalk a little leaner, so your tank is getting more water less kalk, you get the point.

Its really that easy.

Thanks, I'm all over it.

Nice man.. Thats very cool that your ywg's paired up.

Thanks a lot, definately was a suprise.

HI

Howdy do?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

Awesome lemme know if you have more questions, I know that was a little vauge, I was busy lol.

Awesome lemme know if you have more questions, I know that was a little vauge, I was busy lol.

Will do. Thanks for the help. My ACJr should be here any time and I am about to break down the 40 breeder and move some more stuff over. Tank is doing pretty well and I am thinking about adding a mandarin soon.

Well the wife called me today and said the tank was almost to 86 degrees.........######!!!

I guess I need to look into a larger chiller after all. I think some of it has to do with her grandmother being in town and keeping the house in the upper 70s instead 72 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing new. Tank is still getting too hot with fans and the chiller. Corals are stinging each other cause I hadn't had time to frag and move stuff. Not having an ATO is really getting old. I still only have 3 bulbs running over the tank. My stupid tang looks like ass, covered in white spots in the morning which go away during the day. That's about it.

My stupid tang looks like ass, covered in white spots in the morning which go away during the day. That's about it.

welcome to the wonderful world of tangs :D when mine would do this i would soak its food in selcon.

Sooooo, everything is on autopilot right now. I ended up losing the big leather on the upper right hand side but the one in the middle up top is almost reaching the top of the water. I need to take some pics while it's clean. Everything seems to be doing pretty well and I think I have the heat thing beat, just need some different fans......and a better ATO.

I need to frag some stuff like the frogspawn, it grew enough to get into my candy canes and killed a few heads. Other than that I have just been enjoying it which is nice.

I heard ya the first time. :P

Well... I didn't hear it... but... y'know what I mean. Shush.

So what do you mean?

Fine here you go. Glass needs to be cleaned.

Yumas caught some mysis.

IMG_8467.jpg

Some junk that I don't have a place for yet.

IMG_8465.jpg

Nass snail zombies come out of the woodwork when I add mysis.

IMG_8464.jpg

Orange cap frag that I need to mount.

IMG_8471.jpg

Told you the glass was dirty.

IMG_8470.jpg

IMG_8468.jpg

Growth pics. About a month ago.

IMG_8281.jpg

And today.

IMG_8469.jpg

Hey Ty, how are the frags you got from me doing?

Doing great. They are in the wife's pico and look good, hoping they grow out quick so I can frag and add some to my tank, lol. I need to clean up her tank (she is out of town) and get some pics. Thanks again.

<_<

Didn't I tell you to keep the camera straight on with the glass and not at an angle?

I heard, "blah, blah, blah" :P

You guys are funny :lol:

what's this about not taking pix at an angle? wat wat? :huh:

Nice pix Ty! got some nice size colonies in thurr :)

You guys are funny :lol:

what's this about not taking pix at an angle? wat wat? :huh:

Nice pix Ty! got some nice size colonies in thurr :)

Thanks Maria. I really need to trim some stuff up. I've already lost a few candy cane heads to the frogspawn. I also need to get some epoxy and make some stuff more permanent. My urchin is constantly knocking stuff off the rocks.

Like anyone listens to me anymore. *sigh*

:P

If you take pictures at an angle with the glass, you'll see distortions in the images. Keeping the camera straight on with the glass of the tank will reduce them. ;)

Like anyone listens to me anymore. *sigh*

:P

If you take pictures at an angle with the glass, you'll see distortions in the images. Keeping the camera straight on with the glass of the tank will reduce them. ;)

I know, just like the way angled shots look.

haiz.

just wanted to say your tank is pretty.

:happy:

Thanks a lot. Thought you disappeared :D

Archived