Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanoty's 90g Mixed Reef

nanoty

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the new scape! very clean :P were your hands like raisins when you were done haha
Thanks Maria. Your right about that.

Blastos look happier today.

IMG_8260.jpg

Chiller is supposed to be here tomorrow :)

Nice tank and good score on it! I hope my 90 fills in as well as yours :)

That urchin is hilarious. You haven't had the tang police called on you for wanting two tangs? I am thinking of three myself in my 90, a yellow, a powder brown, and a hippo :o . Since they are different body shapes I don't think I will have a problem with aggression, but I know they will outgrow the tank eventually.

Nice tank and good score on it! I hope my 90 fills in as well as yours :)

That urchin is hilarious. You haven't had the tang police called on you for wanting two tangs? I am thinking of three myself in my 90, a yellow, a powder brown, and a hippo :o . Since they are different body shapes I don't think I will have a problem with aggression, but I know they will outgrow the tank eventually.

Thanks, I'm sure yours will turn out great.

The urchin is cool as long as all your frags are glued down well, and mine aren't. No tang police here, they started ignoring me a long time ago with my tang in my 40 breeder. You'll probably be ok for a while with the 3 tangs in your 90, especially with all the room you have. I have certainly seen worst.

The yellow and brown will most likely be ok, the hippo is going to get really big eventually.

purplefirefish
Thanks Maria. Your right about that.

Blastos look happier today.

IMG_8260.jpg

Chiller is supposed to be here tomorrow :)

i like it :blush:

purplefirefish

i checked mine last night at 11... lights out time... and the temp was still 80 degree's. After hours of MH heating.

i checked mine last night at 11... lights out time... and the temp was still 80 degree's. After hours of MH heating.

Yeah, yeah. My lights are hot as hell (overdriven T5s) and they are very close to the water. I could probably do all the cooling with fans, this is just extra insurance.

purplefirefish

the guy has one fan kind of lowered in the back corner blowing into the hood.. and then the other is positined to suck air out and towards the top of the hood... constantly circulating out the heat... and constantly causing a crap load of evap.

the guy has one fan kind of lowered in the back corner blowing into the hood.. and then the other is positined to suck air out and towards the top of the hood... constantly circulating out the heat... and constantly causing a crap load of evap.

I know what you mean. The 40 was blowing through about 8g a week.

Sweet chiller!

Thanks, never owned one before. Need to go to Lowes and buy some tubing. Good thing I have a couple extra MJs laying around.

Pics

Moved some stuff around, working on a ric/zoa garden

IMG_8266.jpg

Was moving my frogspawn from the 40 and trying to get it off the huge frag plug and accidentally broke a head off. I didnt really have a place to put ANOTHER frogspawn so I threw it in a crack. Its too close to a hammer frag and the candy cane and will probably end up in the wifes pico.

IMG_8268.jpg

Other 2 heads

IMG_8267.jpg

Some frags I ended up with, not sure what to do with them.

IMG_8269.jpg

Pissed off xenia, probably off to the pico too.

IMG_8271.jpg

GSP opened up real quick. Doomed to the sandbed or the pico, haven't decided.

IMG_8273.jpg

Blastos today.

IMG_8272.jpg

I took a couple of FTSs but they looked like crap and don't really look any different than the others.

Anyone have any ideas on catching a 3lb sally-lightfoot crab?

That's a torch, not frogspawn. ;)

How can you tell? It really does look like a torch in those pics but the tentacles are very short. It was sold as a FS and always looked like one to me. Here is an older shot.

IMG_7835.jpg

The xenia in my 75g looks like that too <_< I've tested and tested and nada just does'nt like that tank...I think maybe the tangs are messing with it when I'm not looking

try a string with a piece of shrimp..when the crab grabs on pull him out lol I used to fish for blue crabs like this off of a pier when I was a kid, a string and a piece of chicken :D ghetto fab

edit- that is def a torch...I gots one just like it :P

Professor
I used to fish for blue crabs like this off of a pier when I was a kid, a string and a piece of chicken :D ghetto fab

I still do that up here and I am far from being a kid anymore. Blue crabs are delicious!!

Tank is looking great Nanoty.

-Prof

Frogspawn tentacles have several 'branches':

Wish you would have corrected me months ago, lol.

The xenia in my 75g looks like that too <_< I've tested and tested and nada just does'nt like that tank...I think maybe the tangs are messing with it when I'm not looking

try a string with a piece of shrimp..when the crab grabs on pull him out lol I used to fish for blue crabs like this off of a pier when I was a kid, a string and a piece of chicken :D ghetto fab

edit- that is def a torch...I gots one just like it :P

Thanks, I crab around here all the time, this SLF is just so damn twitchy.

Blastos are perking up well!!

They are doing pretty well. Just need to grow some now.

I still do that up here and I am far from being a kid anymore. Blue crabs are delicious!!

Tank is looking great Nanoty.

-Prof

No doubt, Sartin's is the local place around here. Best BBQd blue crabs anywhere.

Thanks for the props.

BTW, chiller is hooked up and running. Still early but before with the hood cracked I was getting over 83deg with 2 fans. Now, with the hood closed and only running the icecap fan, it has fallen from 81.1 to 80.6 and is holding there. Looking good.

Professor
No doubt, Sartin's is the local place around here. Best BBQd blue crabs anywhere.

You got to be kidding me? You BBQ Blue Crabs? Havn't you ever heard of Old Bay? You must be some sort of pinko-communist!!!!!!

Tank still looks nice though :D

Blue crabs should be boiled only... silly Texans.

Archived